Play video filesFlickering at startup

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by darkjina, Nov 3, 2020.

1. darkjina

darkjina New Member

I am very satisfied with the quality and regenerative ability of zidoo z9x.
    But there's one problem.
    Flickering occurs twice when all video files start playing.
    It also occurs twice when you finish playing the file and come out to the home screen.
    I am using Samsung 4K Q80R qledTV and Samsung HW-Q90R sound bar in 2019.
    zidoo z9x is connecting to the sound bar.
    You are using the recommended settings posted on the forum.
    I've used 3 different firmware and it's the same.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
  2. Buddy, this works for you AFR, in the settings you can turn it off and you will stop blinking.

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

The flickering is caused by the TV as the player changes HDMI modes.

An HDMI resync will occur when HDR mode changes, resolution changes or frame rate changes. Some TVs just quietly switch modes, others can make a song and dance about it.

To reduce this, change the GUI mode to the same mode as the majority of your content - so for example if most of your content is 2K 23.976, change HDMI mode to "1080p 23Hz".

If most of it is 4K 23.976, change HDMI mode to "3840x2160p 23Hz".

4. mutt

mutt New Member

I understand why this is happening. But.
    My x years old WDTV live handled this much better, he changes resolution or frame rate BEFORE the movie starts. Zidoo starts playing the movie, then the flickering begins and then the movie continues, a little annoying... I know this is not some big mistake, but other and older devices can handle this better.

5. Markswift2003

Right I understand that - there is an option to delay the movie starting to account for resyncs:

Settings/Playback/Frame-Rate Switch/Frame rate pause

JS_racer likes this.
  6. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

This is bugging me too. I'm testing various files with my new Vertex2 and didn't experience this sort of behaviour before with my HDfury AVR Key :(

7. darkjina

darkjina New Member

Thank you. It's settled.

8. darkjina

darkjina New Member

This setting resolves the problem.
    Even if you don't match the frame with the original video, there's.
    I'm not an expert, so I don't know.
    I wonder why the setting that matches the frame speed is good.

9. BREY

BREY Member

Пробоема у многих . Она есть и у меня , и ещё знаю у человека . и у меня и у него z1000pro. И как мне кажется я нашёл закономерность- двойное моргание присутствует с включенным HDCP ( без разницы какая версия ) , и если вывод сигнала идёт через ресивер или как у человека выше через саундбар . Если отключить HDCP , то через ресивер у меня срабавывает моргание один раз ( как и должно быть ) . Также у меня срабатывает один раз если подключение на прямую к тв и включён HDCP.не спешите говорить что рессивер не поддерживает HDCP 2.2 т.к. это не так - и мой Yamaha rx-v381 и у человека Denon avr-x2600h ипеют поддержку.
    P.s. TV LG OLED65C9

MicleCh and Markswift2003 like this.
  10. Markswift2003

That's a good point - I only use these players for local content so have no need for HDCP so I always disable it - It's just another link in the HDMI chain that can cause disruption - so if you don't need it, just turn it off.

11. BREY

BREY Member

Лично я отключил и не переживаю . НО во первых на поиск причины двойного моргания ушло время , во вторых я хотел показать ято автор темы не выдумал проблему .

12. skelton

skelton Member

So there is no need at all having HDCP on if i only play local content from internal storage or NAS?
    It’s only for streaming purposes, is this correct?

13. Markswift2003

Yes - it has no bearing on ripped content, so it's effectively for streaming only, but since I have no need for it, as a belt an braces approach I disable it anyway.

skelton likes this.
  14. cappy1

cappy1 Member

Hmm, I turned HDCP off and NETFLIX streams as before??

15. Markswift2003

Really? It's not supposed to!!

Just tried mine - same here :)

The HDCP switch must be broken...

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
  16. Markswift2003

Yes, but as far as I'm aware, Netflix requires HDCP on streaming devices. Basic copy protection to stop people capturing streams.

17. Markswift2003

Must be the app - the Vertex only reports HDCP when the switch is on.

It certainly never used to play with HDCP off...

18. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

Need reboot box to get effective changes of DRM L1 HDCP security unprotected after switch HDCP off.
    LE: Ensure testing with HD protected contend like animation from Sony/Disney Pixar/etc.
    Press INFO button on IR remote if exist or adb shell input keyevent KEYCODE_INFO to see streaming quality.

cappy1 and Markswift2003 like this.
  19. Markswift2003

Right - I assumed it was all content.

20. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello,

I am not an expert and wanted to have your opinion,

I checked 3 UHD ISO movies, there are 2 that had seamless connection issues with the first gen. (issue resolved since).

Everything seems normal to me but I would like to have your opinion

Here are some captures and HDCP is disabled

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thank you