New firmware v6.0.46_G (with Google Play) version for ZIDOO Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by pavlin67, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Oldirtydog

Oldirtydog Member

All DV mkv movies with AtmosTrueHD no matter Mel or Fel after 5,6 minutes started to freeze.When movies in dolby digital+ or dolby surround everything is ok.Maybe Vision and atmos on mkv is shity combination.

2. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

I thought that might be the problem, are you playing via usb or network? (Smb or NFS)?

3. Oldirtydog

Oldirtydog Member

Both :) via usb hdd and SMB

4. DaMacFunkin

Going to try Doctor Sleeo now which is Atmos, I’m going to switch to VS10 output and I have chosen reduce buffer in developer options, let’s see how we go.

5. Mabon

Mabon Active Member

Yes. I've installed it and can see no difference!

6. Mabon

Mabon Active Member

:D

7. DaMacFunkin

So after about 5 mins I hit the same problems.
    Went back into Realtek developer options, switched reserve less buffer space off and enabled ‘Enable Playback Performance mode (experimental) and we have been good for 25 mins..,

8. Oldirtydog

Oldirtydog Member

So DV and AtmosTruehd is a dream...

9. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

On my site I use Onedrive as mirror for faster download.

10. DaMacFunkin

No it’s fine just follow my settings, I’m a hour into John Wick 3 - DV and Atmos not one glitch,
    Choose VS10 and ‘Enable Playback Performance mode (experimental)’ in advanced options/system/ Realtek developer options

11. Kalamoony

Kalamoony Member

here is link you can see my thread about it:
    forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/issue-with-image-1080p.82112

12. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Mandolorean 201 looked nice with forced DV on ,,,,,,way better than i remebered season 1 epis on the z9s ..they all seemed super dark

13. DaMacFunkin

Yep just watched it in 4K on Z9X with VS10, a lot better Looking than the first series.

14. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

when you guys say VS10 do you mean DV lldl forced ? ..just asking cos i cant see VS10 as a setting anywhere :p

15. destroyer2usa

destroyer2usa New Member

Yep LLDV is the only option also on my Sony AF9. That is using the VS10 engine.

Our edid doesn't support VS10.

I am back to AUTO option. The dynamic tone mapping of my Sony with hdr10 does a better job then LLDV and also no banding for me then.

16. DaMacFunkin

I also agree that some higher end TV sets will do a better job tone mapping than an external player, I’m not a fan of LLDV, but both my sets are calibrated LG OLED with custom tone maps loaded..
    According to Mark Swift Auto will give you LLDV on DV content that is why I am using VS10, only problem with that is everything is output now in HDR10 is now processed by the player then again by the TV set.
    I think Zidoo need to give us more options.

17. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

id love it to be a hot key feature
    Use one of the programmable hotkeys on remote to step thru the options,Be so much nicer to one click to DV an epi then switch back with another click

destroyer2usa likes this.
  18. DaMacFunkin

Sledgehammer would say use the app, but I don’t want to messing with my phone, a remote control a glass of wine and a bowl of crisps, a hot key would be great.

19. destroyer2usa

destroyer2usa New Member

Didn't know you could switch output with app.

But still my Sony is also calibrated and comparing LLDV to AUTO with hdr10 blurays picture with LLDV and AUTO gives as result a much darker picture and less pop with LLDV compared to AUTO which outputs Hdr10.

Perhaps due to the pixel contrast booster and dynamic tone mapping of the excellent Sony chip compared to LLDV which bypasses that.

Good movies to compare results are Lucy and the first few minutes of Mad Max, both in 4K.

Only problem i have when i enable LLDV HT4.0 crashes and hangs when i scroll thru movies, have to restart player then. No probs with AUTO setting, otherwise a awesome player and superb PQ!!

20. DaMacFunkin

i have had this conversation previously with Mark Swift and others, I find converting toLLDV darker than Native HDR10 processed by my set.
    Maybe on projectors and older sets it is a bonus.

destroyer2usa likes this.