@mirror - bug with DV 23.976 output and LG C8/C9

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DaMacFunkin, Sep 26, 2020.

1. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Well next time send me one same time as Mark Swift

2. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

Sorry, but the question about the next release has been asked several times recently, is it always night in Shenzhen?

I think they don't even know jourself when the next release is in Shenzhen, so the question can't be answered.
    From my point of view everything is pretty chaotic there, 2 months after the start of sales and hardly anything has been improved!

3. DaMacFunkin

Hi Bill, I have no doubt that Zidoo are now back working away at this after the recent Chinese holiday, but the one thing I have always felt they needed to improve was their communication.

4. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

Hi DaMacFunkin, I don't doubt that you are working on FW, but unstructured from my point of view, unimportant problems are brought forward.
    Without a plan, otherwise you could inform us, your beta testers, what you are currently working on, and when the next release will come.

5. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Its funny how some people presume some on here and other forums work for Zidoo in fact we are just enthusiastic people with a Zidoo product thats all .

and to fault find and to help out to resolve issues and flag them up for Zidoo to address etc

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  6. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

would be nice if Zidoo wrote in their sales portal: only sell to enthusiasts, because it is still very buggy ...
    I would then have waited until it worked properly. I am not an enthusiast. I bought the device to use, not to look for errors. Is that bad?

7. DELUCAS

Most Media based products Android also Apple have bugs some small some big .......
    With new additional HDR10+ , Dolby Vision , HDR , Various Audio Formats , VS10 i could go on
    That we all want .

If all manufactures held back on releasing a product to test for years by then it would be obsolete !

Primary example our car Manufactures they release and us the guinea pigs test them over the warranty period with frustration .

Sadly its life now .
    We either want Shiny New Products with there faults or we buy older products .

8. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

yes, that is more or less the case. I will definitely not buy a Zidoo immediately after sales start.

9. Lony

Lony Active Member

Bad example, my 2019 Mercedes Benz, runs without problems and has no errors, otherwise I don't feel like a tester either.

t's just annoying that every new box from Zidoo has been a construction site so far. After two SoCs, one expects that the third model series won't hit the market too badly. Then please publish later with fewer errors.

The force may be with Zidoo:p

Cyclion and Bill-Z9X like this.
  10. DELUCAS

Really go on the numerous Mercedes Forums or and see how many hundreds go back for recalls or issues
    Bmw 1 series petrol and diesel have been recalled in fact i could make a huge list !

in fact a clients New Mercedes new 2019 S350 d had to go back to dealership twice as was just stopping while driving on the road DANGEROUS !!
    He refused to take car back until fully resolved Stuttgart Germany had to get involved in the end as the uk Mercedes Dealership had not come across this fault before after numerous tests that was not resolved by them
    Weeks .......later the car got returned fixed .

But New mechanical / Electrical cars dont have issue ever do they .

Back on topic ;)

11. Lony

Lony Active Member

I don`t drive a Diesel :p:p

12. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

In Shenzhen current 17:35, still no appointment?

13. jwort93

jwort93 Member

Today, I installed the latest firmware for the LG C9 (v05.00.03), which is available here for all ATSC region (U.S., Canada, South Korea, Mexico) C9 TVs via USB update, and am pleased to say it fixes this issue. No more flashing blank screens at 23.976Hz when playing back Dolby Vision mkv files, or when using the VS10 engine.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
    Cyclion, mishastr and gymnos like this.
  14. DaMacFunkin

The last UK firmware was June, we will probably never got it, I believe we are still waiting for the Nvidia rtx fix, which the rest of the world had weeks ago.

15. jwort93

jwort93 Member

You'll definitely get it, just a matter of time. This was the first official non-beta firmware that fixes the RTX issues for the ATSC C9s too, and our first update since June as well. The only reason it already works here in the US, is because all ATSC models share the same firmware, and South Korea gets their firmware updates first. It hasn't been posted to any LG website but the South Korean one yet.

I'm truthfully more concerned about whether the 7 or 8 series TVs will receive the fix eventually, I hope they do.

Cyclion and DaMacFunkin like this.
  16. DaMacFunkin

Yes let's hope the 7 series get it, HDR10 content mastered at 1000 nits was broken by LG on that series, VS10 would be jdeal.

17. demagog

demagog New Member

I have LG B8 TV and it is still under guarantee. I have send official claim to LG to resolve the issue for 2018 models. Let's wait what their reply will be.

gymnos and DaMacFunkin like this.
  18. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Just came across this thread. I’m in Southeast Asia, received a firmware update to 5.00.03 for my LG C9 yesterday. All resync issue with DV at 23.976 Hz is now completely fixed.

19. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

We have received further suggestions from Dolby that LG will release an update to solve this problem. Before that, zidoo will release an update compatible with LG's older models

gymnos, snapo6, DaMacFunkin and 3 others like this.
  20. Polypenko

Polypenko Active Member

Very good news indeed, thanks.