Z1000 Pro Date/Time Issue - Always at 2018 8am even with Wifi-Enabled or Connected with LAN

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Lamwkfs, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Lamwkfs

Lamwkfs New Member

Hi All,

Need some help. I have a Z1000 Pro. When power up the date and time is always at 2018 and 8am.
    Even when I have Wifi enabled or LAN cable connected. I can see from the settings that Wifi or LAN
    is connected.

I have set the automatic Date and time to use Network, and power up. It still go back to 2018 8am.
    I have also set the Region / Time zone, same thing happen.
    I have also tried reset the device, and update twice to 6.0.45. still the same.

So very power up, I need to manual set date and time, then I can use Chrome.
    Hope someone can help. Thanks

[New] I used my mobile phone as hotspot to Z1000 Pro and the date/time is correct.
    since like this issue is from the ONT / Wireless Router.

Rgds

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
  2. Raymond Lim

Raymond Lim Member

Same here with Z9X...but I already gave up on this date/time sync issue. Just enjoy the content. :)

3. Lamwkfs

Lamwkfs New Member

Hi Raymond,

Thanks for your reply. HaHa, yes, agreed we should enjoy the content.

Just that I hope this issue can be resolved, so I do not need to set date / time every time I power it up.

I hope Zidoo Dev team or anyone has solution to this issue.

Rgds

4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

You could try adding the battery cell?

You don't disconnect it from grid power do you, because then it is normal behavior. See extract from my review:
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...w-about-the-new-rtd1619dr-based-models.80434/

Clock CR1220 cell omitted :(
    My Z9X was shipped without a backup clock cell in contrary to my Z9S. Zidoo confirmed me this will be the case with all their new models. It is not so much a cost saver but avoids problems with international transportation regulations for batteries they told me. It seems Russia does not like them being mounted for instance.
    The clock circuitry is clearly coupled to the standby power with this SOC design. This reduces the impact to zero provided the unit remains connected to the grid constantly. Also without being connected to the Internet the clock will remain counting and providing the correct time even with standby cycles. If desired the CR1220 3V cell can be retrofitted opening the box as the socket for it remains in place.

gymnos and Mabon like this.
  5. Lamwkfs

Lamwkfs New Member

Hi Nice Monkey
    Thanks for the help. Yes, I have read about putting a battery in the Z1000pro.
    But I just feel that the issue should be able to resolve. WiFi is connected, but why z1000pro could not get the date time via Internet.
    This puzzle me. Is only a few of us has this issue or in fact all of us has this issue?
    I hope zidoo dev team or someone has a solution. Thanks

Rgds

6. Nice Monkey

Mine works exactly as described above. Maybe the time-server path is blocked by your network provider? I would not be surprised if it resides in China.

gymnos likes this.
  7. Lamwkfs

Lamwkfs New Member

Hi Nice Monkey, you mean you have similar date time issue? How do you resolve it? You put a battery?
    But there is no reason for network provider to stop your device to assess the time server.
    Hope zidoo dev team can look into this and share resolution.

Rgds

8. Raymond Lim

Raymond Lim Member

Agreed...Zidoo dev team should be able to do something about it w/o the customer needing to install a cell battery to keep the internal clock going.

Mabon likes this.
  9. Nice Monkey

No i don't have any problems with time/date. But I know access between China and the rest of the world is being filtered by several means and on several places. Adding a battery is easy enough and is only a few euro/dollar.

Zidoo reads this forum and maybe they can/will do something?

10. Lamwkfs

Lamwkfs New Member

Hi Nice Monkey,

Do you know who is the person(s) from Zidoo can look at this Date Time issue?
    Can help to link us to him(them)? Thanks

Rgds

11. Nice Monkey

@mirror reads along with us here. :D

12. Lamwkfs

Lamwkfs New Member

Hi Nice Monkey, thanks for the link up.

Hi Mirror, hope you can help here. Thanks.

13. Lamwkfs

Lamwkfs New Member

Hi Mirror,

Another user encounter the date time issue, please spend time to fix it. Thanks

Rgds

14. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Got it, Its a NTP server issue. will solve it in next version

gymnos, JS_racer and Lamwkfs like this.
  15. Lamwkfs

Lamwkfs New Member

Hi Mirror,

I have updated the firmware to the latest Beta version 6.0.66 and the time is working fine now.

Great help! Thanks!

Rgds

gymnos likes this.
  16. Mabon

Mabon Active Member

So do you recommend inserting a battery in the box??? If so, do you have any instructions/photo on how to do it???

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
  17. Nice Monkey

No, not really needed normally. Only if you use the box offline and want to disconnect it from the power regularly.
    Adding it is very simple. Just open the box and insert the cell.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
    Mabon likes this.
  18. Raymond Lim

Raymond Lim Member

Agreed with Nice Monkey, its really simple...but you dun have to do that now since its been fixed in this latest beta firmware.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
    Mabon likes this.
  19. Mabon

Mabon Active Member

I inserted a battery yesterday ... reasonable easy.

20. Cezary

Cezary Member

Hi, where is a battery slot in Z1000 PRO? I've opened it but didn't see the the battery slot. Do I have to unscrew the mainboard?

Will not be a problem when the warranty label is broken?