ZIDOO Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Aug 4, 2020.

1. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

2. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

When I try this I get the confirmation to change the resolution. However as soon as I click 'confirm' the screen goes blank again.

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Now that's really strange - as far as I know hitting <confirm> doesn't change anything as far as video mode goes, it just stops it switching back to the previous mode after a predetermined time.

Although we could then be into the LG 23Hz sync issue...

I'll have a look at that tomorrow and see if I can see anything changing with PuTTY connected...

4. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Cheers. Same happens if I try to set it to 24Hz. I'm sure I didn't have this before the current beta. I use monoprice slim cables BTW.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
  5. Markswift2003

Well as expected, if you change refresh rates the console reports the mode change with:

$ INFO: User-TA: Send RPC_VMX_OUTPUT_CTRL_SET_HDCP

When the signal actually syncs, again the same message is received but on pressing <confirm> there are no further messages since at that point it's already sync'd in the new refresh rate.

The Vertex reports no activity and there's obviously no HDMI sync at that point so I'm stumped as to why your TV would blank when <confirm> is pressed. All I can say is it shouldn't!

6. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

Maybe scrcpy with connect via adb TCP can help with not use in the blind IR Remote when lost picture.

3DBuff and Markswift2003 like this.
  7. Markswift2003

Interesting - yes, that should work, although I have a Vertex connected so I can always change the EDID when I lose picture (which happens a lot!! ;) )

8. Markswift2003

Brilliant!! - works perfectly - many thanks for that - very handy to have another tool in the toolbox :)

upload_2020-10-6_11-43-58.png

Attached Files:

3DBuff likes this.
  9. Markswift2003

The thing to be aware of is that on first run the PC needs to be authorised for adp which ideally needs the screen active, but you could do that blind as long as you're aware it's there...

3DBuff likes this.
  10. Joao Franco

Joao Franco Member

Hi guys,
    I have a Zapitti One but i´m thinking in buy a Zidoo Z9X because the HDR+
    I have a Panasonic Oled 55FZ800 and cannot use HDR+ with Zapitti.
    My question is whether the upgrade is worth?
    And the picture quality is superior to Zapitti?
    Someone who has already used both can give an opinion please
    I know the library in Zapitti is superior but for me it´s not the most important.
    The most important it´s the picture quality and if i have the possibility to use hdr+ the gain with the picture quality.

11. boxerfan

boxerfan Active Member

Hi Mark,

For some strange reason, I am unable to replicate the issue anymore. I tried both ways:
    MENU -> ADVANCED -> VIDEO INFORMATION -> RETURN
    as well as INFO_BUTTON -> RETURN

The only thing I can think of is a reboot. I will monitor and report back.

BTW, my HDR setting is "AUTO".

Cyclion and Markswift2003 like this.
  12. Markswift2003

I have a Zappiti Mini 4K which is essentially the same as the One just without the disc bay.

The Z9X is subjectively and objectively superior in image quality to the Zappiti. The Zappiti also suffers from frame rate issues in all modes except 12-bit 422 and in that mode, like all 129* boxes, suffers from overt chroma banding with 10-bit material due to an 8-bit bottleneck - so you have to chose between correct frame rate or no chroma banding - you can't have both with the Zappiti 1295 boxes. This is even true of the latest firmware which took an age to appear.

I also have to disagree and say that the library is far superior on the Zidoo - Zappiti Video is looking very old fashioned these days and runs painfully slow in comparison to HT4. You're also not reliant on either having to run a server or use a slow cloud service to access it.

xskip likes this.
  13. Joao Franco

Joao Franco Member

Ok
    And my Denon AVRX3600H have only Dolby vision and HDR support.
    Not HDR+
    It means that i,m not enable to see a movie in HDR+ if i connect the Zidoo to receiver?

14. Markswift2003

That's correct, but you could connect the Zidoo directly and use eARC if the TV supports it.

15. Ralph Galli

Ralph Galli New Member

On the Z9X trying to record on the fly the recording plays back skipping video frames, the sound is fine and plays in sync with the skipping video.
    Also the scheduled recording does not start recording on the time and date programmed.
    If any one had these issues I would greatly appreciate it if you can share the solution with a guide of what to setup in any of the menus.
    Thank you

16. Oldirtydog

Oldirtydog Member

Аfter many many practice or ts muxer makemkv 1.15.2 and 1.15.3 MEL and FEL,all movies with vision (mkv) play perfekt about 10 minutes,after that the video start to move slowmotion ,the soung is good....The TV is LG C9 with hdr auto and turn of autoframe and resolution.No matter what type is the movie MEL or FEL to MEL convert from me...

17. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

Settings can be changed with the Zidoo Controller App. On first run the Smartphone needs to be authorised too.

pcristi and Markswift2003 like this.
  18. Markswift2003

Good call.

19. Joao Franco

Joao Franco Member

It´s not the case.
    Well i think i keept with Zapitti.
    It´s a shame Panasonic don´t support earc by firmware.

20. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

I don't understand why Zidoo builds this HDMI IN that nobody needs, an additional HDMI audio would be better