ZIDOO Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Aug 4, 2020.

1. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Set my Z9X to VS10 and 'broke' the box! As soon as I set VS10 in settings the screen went blank and would not come back. Oddly I can get to media centre with a hot key, but hot key to settings just shows a brief flash of settings screen then blank. Hot key to HT4 shows nothing. Done several off and ons to no affect. To factory reset do I need to do the emergency flash thingy?

2. boxerfan

boxerfan Active Member

new bug.

Firmware: v6.0.45_G

While playing movie (or any media), click MENU -> ADVANCED -> VIDEO INFORMATION
    After reviewing information, click BACK_ARROW key, the video information goes away.
    After about 4min 30secs, the video information pop up again!

Cyclion likes this.
  3. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

I had this happen to me, pressing the resolution key should eventually restore the picture so you can change the settings, the only way I could find was to turn if the TV and pull the power from the box for a few minutes, on reboot picture was restored.

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Try this:

1. Hot key to settings

2. <Right>

3. <Down> 6 presses

4. <Right>

5. <Enter>

Is the TV Dolby Vision?

5. Markswift2003

I can't replicate that behaviour on v6.0.45.

I assume you mean pressing <Return> key to back out?

Whether accessing the information page from <Info> key or from the "Advanced" menu as you describe, pressing <Return> backs out of the info screen and it doesn't return.

Can anyone on v6.0.45_G confirm this behaviour?

6. boxerfan

boxerfan Active Member

Yes, that is correct. The return key at the bottom left of the arrows circle to close the info window.

Mine is pretty consistent behaviour, but the timing to it popping up can vary from 10-15secs to as long as 5mins. The only way for me to stop it is to stop the movie, then restart the movie, and allow it to continue where it left off.

7. Markswift2003

I've tried a few times and up to 15 minutes and can't get it to do that.

Does it happen when you press the <Info> key to bring up the information page?

8. Miguel Ramos

Miguel Ramos Active Member

Could it help flash the box to its initial firmware?

9. thaworn R

thaworn R Member

Me too but resolved with factory reset.

10. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Thanks that worked. I have an LG CX55 so yes to DV. If I select VS10 in settings I end up with blank screen until I do the above steps. No issue with any other HDR option. I think this is first time I have selected VS10 with latest beta.

11. Markswift2003

Do you see an LLDV option as well as VS10 in the HDR settings?

12. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I have seen something similar. After pressing info and then clearing, it sometimes randomly just pops back up multiple times. To fix I stop the video playing and then re start. Doesn't happen often and seems random.

13. DaMacFunkin

Yes, happens to me if I try and set output to VS10, I thought it might just be part of the LG glitch, so in VS10 mode whilst playing a movie, click information button, then exit and the info screen randomly appears again and again till you stop the movie, even if the movie is Dolby Vision.

14. DaMacFunkin

Oh nooo, you have a dreaded LG, how dare you expect Zidoo or Realtek to be compatible with this brand - LOL.

blenky likes this.
  15. Markswift2003

So this issue only happens when in VS10 mode?

And can you confirm which firmware version you're on?

16. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Yes I can select and use that without issue - just VS10

17. Markswift2003

I'm looking at an EDID for the LG C9 but I expect yours will be the same.

If I import the C9 EDID and switch to VS10, the Zidoo outputs 4K60 8-Bit RGB Standard DV 594MHz, so there seem to be two scenarios here:

1. Since this is sending the full 17.8Gbps/594MHz signal, the HDMI chain and the cables are very important - so it may just be a chain issue. I hate to say it could be the HDMI cables because 9 times out of 10 that's not the problem - but it is a possibility. As an example of something that shouldn't happen, I have some "Slim HDMI" branded cables which although are Premium Certified do have issues transporting 594MHz from a Dune Realbox.

However, this idea is somewhat negated since you say that LLDV works and if you switch from another HDR mode into LLDV with that EDID, the Zidoo outputs 4K60 12-bit 422 LLDV 594MHz, so same bandwidth.

2. The other scenario is that the LG is simply not compatible with the signal the Zidoo is throwing out in standard DV. Also kind of makes sense with the other issues LG owners have reported.

Personally I think this issue and the other problems facing LG owners are a combination of both of the above.

Can you try the following:

1. Set <HDR> to "VS10" (which obviously will lose picture) then press the following:

2. <Left>

3. <Up> 5 times

4. <Right>

5. <Down> 6 times

6. <enter>

At this point, if it's a DV + bandwidth thing I'd expect you to see a picture and see the resolution confirmation dialogue.

This should allow you to be in 4K23 8-Bit RGB Standard DV 297MHz

If this works it's possibly a big clue to the LG issue.

If you don't see a picture you can restore the image as described earlier:

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/zidoo-z9x.80006/page-45#post-134564

18. Ralph Galli

Ralph Galli New Member

Good day! I downloaded a Dolby demo from the browser of the Z9X. Everything went down well. I just can't figure out where it downloaded too?
    Thank you

19. DaMacFunkin

Hi mark I’m on the latest beta 045 and I can confirm it happens to me with any DV output be that native or VS10 / LLDV If you dont press the info Button it doesn’t happen, you just get the random black synch screens, if you do press the info button then exit you get random info screens and random black synch screens, doesn’t happen in 60hz mode.
    There is something not right with the handshake between LG and Z9X at 23.976hz with any DV output be that 12 bit or 8 bit tunnelling.
    The LG C9 / CX are HDMI 2.1, if the signal clock on the Zidoo wonders would that wrongly trigger variable refresh rate command which is then feeding back to Zidoo?

20. Markswift2003

You'll always get a certain amount of jitter, but I've not seen any evidence that the Z9S has any issues with that - the output for 24000/1001 is always a rock solid 23.972 to 3 decimal places so I'm sure that's not the problem.

I've looked at the EDID you posted and there's nothing strange about it and it works fine on my Samsung so we need to take a deeper dive - look out for a PM shortly...