How to Change Boot Logo (Splash Screen) for X9S

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by viVo, Sep 27, 2020.

1. viVo

viVo New Member

Hey guys, i have bought few used zidoo X9S players from a company who had it made with a custom firmware and their own logo. is there a way to change the logo "bootanimation and splash screen".

Thank you

2. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

@viVo flash them with the recovery image and update to latest firmware.

https://www.mcbluna.net/wp/zidoo-recovery-images/#x9s

https://www.mcbluna.net/wp/zidoo-model-overview/zidoo-x9s-firmware-download/#v2.1.40

Extract and rename recovery image to install.img and copy the file with the downloaded firmware zip to a FAT32 formatted USB stick. Follow the instructions from https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/support_guide/guide_target/7WjcmduqUFZKKmVViAFMcQ==.html

After reboot goto Quick Settings
    Screenshot_20200927-122759.png
    Screenshot_20200927-122808.png

pick the zip from the USB stick Screenshot_20200927-122814.png

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  3. viVo

viVo New Member

@McBluna Thank you for your reply, i have done that with one of the devices and after i connect to the internet i get error
    UUID Authentication failure uuid
    State Illegal Authorized (3)

the error keeps popping up and it doesn't go away, most of the applications start to fail to launch after that error. if i keep the original firmware that came with it i have no problem with authentication.

4. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear this. I've checked the forum. You're not the only one but I've found no solution.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
    viVo likes this.
  5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Email service@zidoo.tv explaining UUID failure and let them have the MAC address of the box to reauthorise.

viVo likes this.
  6. viVo

viVo New Member

Thank you @Markswift2003 i will try to do that

7. viVo

viVo New Member

@McBluna do you know how to unpack and repack the recovery image?? i think i have found the logo location in logo_p.bin and i have acquired the custom firmware img file for the devices. if there is a way to unpack the custom firmware change the logo_p.bin file and repack it than flash it to the device it might work. would do you think??

DribbleTool likes this.
  8. DribbleTool

DribbleTool Member

Have you made any progress on customising the firmware? I’m interested in doing the same.

9. viVo

viVo New Member

Hey @DribbleTool , it seems zidoo did not publish any kind of source code that can help to customize the firmware. and i couldn't find much about Realtek processors. so no i got no were with that. regarding my problem i found that i cant change the splash screen without the source code but i was able to restore zidoo logo and upgrade the firmware solve it by following this procedure.
    1- flash new firmware via USB and don't connect to internet.
    2- root the firmware.
    3- install root browser and edit the build.prob file located in the system folder to change the model name from zidoo_x9s to whatever custom firmware name that came with the device

if that doesn't work you can always install a firewall and block the IP address to china that the system tries to access and you will be ok.

if you succeed in customizing the firmware please let me know.