New firmware v6.0.45 Beta version for ZIDOO Z9X/Z10 Pro release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by pavlin67, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

A question is that really needed? If you don't register it should not do anything at all? So is there a real need for maintaining 2 versions?

2. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Well they released a choice of two versions to begin with ..........so some prefer without G
    always good to have a choice . :)
    But if its going to be one version from now on ?

3. Lony

Lony Active Member

Who started with this nonsense? Please ask Zidoo what kind of sense it even made.

It is normal that the users ask for it now

4. Nice Monkey

In my view a normal question. Why is this nonsense?????
    Regular users who like to use the store don't expect to need a special FW version for that. The majority of the customers are in that area. Options/choices are excellent for the advanced users.

Keeping things simple is always a good concept in my experience. :)
    I expect regular OTA updates (not Betas) to come in one flavor only indeed and obviously that would be with Google Play Store facilitated for those wanting access to it. I would do it like that being Zidoo. :p

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
  5. Lony

Lony Active Member

And why doesn't Zidoo just make firmware with _G. It's already clear to me that if I don't need a Google account, I won't activate it.

6. Nice Monkey

It is now up to you to report any negative side effects of distributing a single FW. ;)

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
  7. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Some people spontaneously go Jekyll & Hyde by even seeing the name and wouldn't even buy anything running on Android.

Maybe Zidoo acknowledges these allergic anomalies and, intending no further torture to anti-G people, they release fw versions without it.
    Can help saving health, remotes, tv-screens, familymembers/roommates and what not.

destroyer2usa and Nice Monkey like this.
  8. skelton

skelton Member

Is it possible with this new firmware to place a shortcut of a network drive ( for example a Synology NAS) on the frontpage for quick access?

9. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Lol - I've been asking this (similarly) in the Z1000 Pro forum - not had any answer other than to use the Poster Wall, which, for me, isn't the way I want to go. File Manager for me but want to place shortcuts somewhere easily accessible for my NAS and Folder Shares.

10. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

Is not so hard to open File Manager and Favorite only 2 click on IR Remote :).

Markswift2003 likes this.
  11. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

And if you just want to use a file manager rather than HT, just boot into Media Center and if you have defined favourites, the box will boot right to them.

12. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

You mean if you power up the Z9X, it directly goes to Media Center?
    If yes, how can I make the box do this?

13. Nice Monkey

Go to APP's => Find Media Center => Click Menu => choose start at Boot

14. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Wow, lightning fast answer! Thank you :)

And before I go try that, how can I go back to boot up in the default main screen again?

Never mind the latest, got it.

Thanks!

15. Fatih Durmus

Fatih Durmus Member

I hope you understand me.

thank you

16. kenneth2281

kenneth2281 New Member

none off my 3d movies work on this FW

17. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

There are issues with 3D ISO playback that still have to be solved.

18. pTolik

pTolik New Member

hdmi input not save a file

19. Goodmorning everyone.......

It is still not clear to me if the 6.0.45 update is to be considered pejorative compared to 6.0.35, or there are benefits, so it's a good thing to do ..........

20. papirus

papirus Member

Hi ,

On the Zidoo Z9X , I cannot receive 4K HDR streams with the device's own Youtube app and my Samsung 65Q80R TV panel does not have HDR enabled. I can only play videos in 4K.

However, HDR is active in the Smart Youtube application I installed later, but it plays in a very cluttered way.

Has anyone tested the YouTube 4K HDR performance of this device and said it was OK ?

Note : ( country i'm connected to : Turkey and the result is the same in all software )