New firmware v6.0.45 Beta version for ZIDOO Z9X/Z10 Pro release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by pavlin67, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Genadi

Genadi Member

When I turn on the VS10, my TV is limited to 1080p, the TV is lg55uh8507

Attached Files:

2. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

No HDR10+ output on my side (Samsung Qled QE55Q9FN) with this latest firmware v6.0.45_G and a factory reset.
    I tested Jaws 4K HDR10+. Checked the file with Mediainfo if it has HDR10+.
    By video information output, there is no HDR10+ output, only HDR10.

3. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

@mirror
    Why not fix for Netflix audio?
    Dune included on Version "200910_2300_r15" (BETA version)

4. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

I have a problem with downmixing the audio in this firmware.
    By the Audio/HDMI Audio setting there was in an earlier firmware an option: "Auto"
    With this setting and also the downmix setting enabled, I was succesfully downmixing a TrueHD stream.
    Now this option is gone and I can't get the TrueHD stream downmixed. There is no audio.
    Anyone else has this problem?

(My HT: Samsung HT-H5530, with HDMI cable to my TV.)

Hope "Auto" comes back in the next firmware.

5. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

Also Download subtitles failed in .45 here.

I'm back to .35. Everything is OK again.
    Next time better ;)

6. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

there are not ac3 core in mkvs

7. snapo6

snapo6 Member

Have you checked film title as stored on your drive? There might be a small mismatch with title on opensubtitles!

8. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

Thnx for your awnser.

I reverted back to .35.
    The firmware where Auto was an option to select from under the audio tab.
    Downmixing is working correctly.

No idea why the Auto option is removed from the HDMI audio setting.

I will test the next one offcource, thnx for the support.

9. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

All my download subtitle searches won't work with .45. After downgrading to .35 it works again on my side.

10. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

True of course. Maybe OP means the embedded AC-3 track in bluray.

Nevertheless, OP could get a "5.1 downmix" (whether it was a real downmix or an embedded 5.1 track). Now he can't.

Maybe it's in the default audiostream that has changed with the new firmware?

Vinny4K likes this.
  11. Miguel Ramos

Miguel Ramos Active Member

I got the same issue. Why did Zidoo took off the "Auto" Function from HDMI Audio Setting?

One this that was solved is that now the "Watching" history is updating the last file played. Anyway I'll also reverd to the previous firmware as the "Auto" function in the HDMI audio is very useful.

Surely they will solve all these problems in the next firmware update.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
    Vinny4K likes this.
  12. Random_Vibration

Random_Vibration Active Member

You would think but I owned Zidoo devices long enough to know that some problems never get fixed. They eventually get ignored if they become too persistent.

13. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

I have to agree that audio handling hasn't approved.
    In the "Downmix HD Audio Output" window there is an explanation that says it would "Force output audio TrueHD/DDP to 5.1".
    When you set it to ON, you would indeed expect both TrueHD and DD+ audio to be downconverted to a legacy AC-3 5.1 track. What is actually happening, is that the dts core of DTS-HD MA is bitstreamed. TrueHD stays TrueHD. Strange.

It would be a nice feature if all surround audio could be output as a legacy AC-3 track. Both for HDMI and SPDIF. There is still a lot of people with oldskool receivers or even modern televisions that don't have the proper audio handling for every newer format. Even "simple" dts can still be problematic, whether the receiver/TV itself can't reproduce the proper sound, or a compatible 5.1 stream has to be ported back by the TV to a receiver, soundbar system, etc. With stereo pcm, you're screwed then.

This is not the best FW upgrade in terms of backwards compatibility, I must say.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
    Vinny4K likes this.
  14. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

Exactly, this works for years in the X9S and now also in the Z9X, but after this update it doesn't.
    Maybe the next firmware it's fixed.

Have you tried the download subtitle function?
    That was broke also at my side.

15. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

I don't do anything with download subtitle function, so no, didn't try it.
    Actually, I always edit/make my own subtitles. I've grown to dislike the subtitles that are on the original discs.

16. pavlin67

pavlin67 Active Member

17. Theeraphon

Theeraphon Member

Dang, I thought there are going to be something get fixed to be happy about. I'm using LG OLED by the way.

18. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Hi, any chance you can post your frustration in the dedicated thread LG OLED bug thread? The more people that complain the quicker it will get sorted, thank you.

19. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Good additions once more to Image Player. Now really started to use this app in practice.
    - There is still that small cosmetic thing with some transitions with the overlay not going smooth from landscape to portrait.
    - The info button now works which is great. Hint: Would make it disappear with a second press!
    - I would like to be able to change the size/number of the thumbnails (like HT4 does). Page-up/Page-down already helped a lot moving around a big collection!
    - Also would like to see an extra option to rename a picture in thumbnail view and picture view modes (great when having a keyboard attached). Delete is now included.
    - A Zoom + Pan Around would make sense too with todays super resolution pictures.
    - A preference in Image Player Setup for the Video Mode (resolution + framerate) would be nice too. This when using Auto-Resolution as an option not being 2160P.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
  20. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Any chance of a non “ G “ version for the Z10 PRO ?