@mirror - bug with DV 23.976 output and LG C8/C9

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DaMacFunkin, Sep 26, 2020.

1. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Hi, can anyone who experienced the constant black re-synch problem with this chipset and LG tv’s when outputting Dolby Vision, VS10 or LLDV at 4K 23.976 hz please post here, yet another firmware today and no fix, it has been a day one problem and begs the question exactly which ‘top rated’ Dolby Vision sets this box has been tested with?

@mirror, can you confirm Zidoo is actively working on a fix for this problem? Seems like tumbleweed every time it is mentioned.

If your box can’t work with my multi award winning TV I will have to send it back for refund. Sorry futeko, I know it isn’t your fault but at the moment it is a waste of my money.

gymnos and DennisTheMenace like this.
  2. RudoSK

RudoSK New Member

Test hdmi range to auto.

3. DaMacFunkin

Tried it.

4. rigip

rigip New Member

I have the same issue, dolby vision logo appears as usual, then black re-sync dolby vision logo appears again, more re-syncs, just installed this new update today and still not working. I'm assuming it will be fixed eventually otherwise the box would have gone back already.

gymnos likes this.
  5. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Change your HDMI cable.

6. DaMacFunkin

Seriously?
    So I use the same cable I use on my M9072 (OPPO clone) that plays FEL Dolby Vision and Thrue-HD Atmos with out a single flicker for hours on end, yet it still has this problem with Zidoo.
    If I force 60Hz output with Zidoo the problem doesn't exist so what you are saying doesn't stack up.
    Many others have this problem with Zidoo - C9.
    If you are sure it is the cable, what do you recomend?

DennisTheMenace likes this.
  7. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

Ok when i use LLDV or VS10 @23.9FPS ON A 4K HDR video, I'm also getting short black screens (resync).
    When i deactivate the frame rate switch and play the 4K HDR videos @60fps, these short black screens are gone and everything works fine.
    When I use the LLDV (OR VS10) ON A 1080P Video everything works without black screens, on 60 and also on 23,9fps
    So these black screens only occur when I use LLDV or VS10 when i activate it on 4k Videos @23,9fps.
    4k Videos @60hz and 1080p Videos @60 and @23,9hz work.
    So these guys that are saying it works, can you please test it with set the frame rate switch in the playback options to "Frame-Rate And Resolution" on. And test it with a 4k hdr movie?

And yes I have changed my hdmi cable, I used a new hdmi 2.1 cable, and also the one that is included in the box of the z9x.
    Please fix this, I can't use LLDV since day one, it only works when I play my 4k hdr movies @60fps

My tv is also a LG c9

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  8. Lony

Lony Active Member

Changing the cable is too easy, then tell me which cable (manufacturer, specs) works properly. And please do it reliably, we don't all have 10 different HDMI cables. You are a device manufacturer and have to make the specifications.

9. mirror

If possible, who can provide an EDID file(LG C8 C9) to me?

10. DennisTheMenace

I have tested 2 different cables and the problem is still there one hdmi 2.1 and the that's in the box of the zidoo.
    And I also changed the hdmi port. Everything is connected directly to the tv.
    But I can test another third one.
    Lol

gymnos likes this.
  11. RudoSK

RudoSK New Member

Yes,testing on 23fps resync.
    On 60Hz no resync.
    LG B9
    It is not a cable fault

12. skynet85

skynet85 New Member

I use Inakustik 2.1 hdmi and Norstone Jura hdmi without issue. I’m only playing 4K contents. My TV seems using the chipset like yours, i have the GX6LA OLED

13. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

I sent my Z9X back because of this. I may revisit it in the future if it gets sorted.

14. mirror

That makes me doubt the ability of LG C9 to handle 4k 23 422 12bit

15. DaMacFunkin

Hi, tell me how to do it and I will.

16. DaMacFunkin

Hi, also does this with VS10 output which reports as 8 bit output, I can change OPPO to 12bit 4:2:2 LLDV output with no problem.

17. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

works fine from Oppo 203 and Nvidia Shield

18. mirror

Quick Settings -- Other settings - About - Advanced settings - System - Realtek Dvevloper Options - Save EDID on USB stick

Cyclion likes this.
  19. DaMacFunkin

Outputting on Oppo.
    IMG_20200927_085531.jpg

20. DennisTheMenace

I do it in 30 minutes and upload the file