ZIDOO Z10 PRO

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Most popular streaming services can be installed on the Native Player with Android 9 now. That is if you are referring to legal content. For the other stuff you need KODI but out of my scope (and out of scope on this forum).

@rozel
    I feel Zidoo will come with an update soon for all new models. FW 6.0.30 seems to remain a real interim Beta for Z9X only. Solved many things but seems to be worse for DV/VS10 innovations.
    Have my Z9X 3 weeks now and must say a lot of progress was made and it (almost) does what my Z9S can do with many new goodies added to it.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
  2. Vismantas Bagdonas

Vismantas Bagdonas New Member

anybody can test RGB 4:4:4 colors space is corect ? as 1296 and 1295 all versions have incorect colors. (this can do only people who knows how to do that)

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
  3. Szw

Szw Member

The UHD mkv films that are over 50 GB could not be played.

4. Danielsan

Danielsan New Member

??? INTERSTELLAR 83 Gb play normally

5. Szw

Szw Member

With Zidoo Media Explorer. USB 3 HD.
    Example: Hunger Games

Format : HEVC
    Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
    Format profile : Main 10@L6.1@Main
    Codec ID : V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC
    Duration : 2 h 22 min
    Bit rate : 60,8 Mb/s
    Width : 3 840 Pixel
    Height : 2 160 Pixel
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate mode : konstant
    Frame rate : 23,976 (24000/1001) FPS
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 10 bits
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.306
    Stream size : 60,6 GiB (94%)

6. MaraVR6

MaraVR6 New Member

Hallo everybody,
    Z10Pro google play and account impossible

Yesterday a new device, immediately after switching on, a new version of the software was installed.
    Please 2 tips with this player.

1. in the android menu it is not possible to create a google account - after clicking on + add account nothing happens, only the item is highlighted, but no reaction.

2. it is not possible to run "google play kit" GappsInstaller-rtk-7.1_v1.2.4.apk. After installation, clicking on the "install" button will display the information "unsupported format"

How to solve this please?
    How to create an account?
    How to install Google Play?

Thank you very much for your help.

7. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Cyclion likes this.
  8. Miguel Ramos

Miguel Ramos Active Member

I've received today my brand new Z10 Pro. Home Theater 3.0 doesn't assume images and cover changes in some films.

The first film I've played (MKV 4K file of "Watchmem") just a black screen and no sound or images.

None of my MKV files play... My Z10 (not Pro) works beautifully.

What am I doing wrong?

:(

9. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Settings in your Zidoo req changing
    Hdcp 2.2 enabled ?
    Audio set to Raw

i found i had to manually sort a few of my movie posters out .

10. MaraVR6

MaraVR6 New Member

Nice Monkey:

I would like to thank you very much.
    after reading your link, i changed fw to "G" and followed the instructions and everything started working.
    Thank you again for your help !!!

11. Miguel Ramos

Thanks a lot DELUCAS. I found that myself and it's a bit annoying. Another detail is that there's some incompatibilities between Android 7 and 9 thus I had to delete all files (except the MKV files) from the internal and external Hard drives to be able to play some files of them.

After that, the HT 3.0, was able to scrapping and find the covers and backdrops. Anyway there's a lot of them that were not found despite the file name is correct (in the Z10 "no Pro" everything works fine).

The problem is that the Z10 Pro, after the movie has the cover, I press play and it doesn't play. It stays blocked with a black screen and I have to restart the box manually to set it to normal again.

I'll do some more tests but the first impressions are not very good. Previously I owned the X10 and I still keep the "old" Z10 that is working perfectly.

12. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Odd not playing
    All my movies play in 1080p and 4K even though my monitor is 1080p only .
    Have you set hdcp setting ?

has your box updates to latest firmware ?

13. Miguel Ramos

I'll instal today the 6.0.35_G and see if it improves and solve eventual bugs. I see that Zidoo team is very active and hardworking in improving the new 2020 models!

EDIT:
    Besides a few hiccups in the HT 4.0 (not updating the "watching" history and not playing a couple of titles) the sound and image is the best from all the previous models. The image quality has improved a lot especially after the last firmware update with the 12 bits 4.4.4.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
  14. thaworn R

thaworn R Member

Occasional spontaneous Info page show after pressing info button. Fw 6.0.35G with factory reset.
    (Issue report)

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
  15. MichelT

MichelT New Member

Hello,
    I'm installing my new Z10 PRO and I have a problem with sound. When I use L/R RCA outputs plugged on an input of my stereo amp, I have no sound...
    I've tried the SPDIF output on my DAC and sound is OK.
    Does anyone know how to turn them on ?
    Thanks for your help.
    Michel

16. thaworn R

thaworn R Member

Install latest fw 6.0.35 will solve the issue.

17. Vismantas Bagdonas

Vismantas Bagdonas New Member

On great sound i agree., best sound i ever had. 3D, gigantic, deep sound !!! (Z1000Pro on picture quality i have mixed feelings- quality is very good. colors superb, but i have problem with brightness. i have now tears in my eyes after watching movie for 30 min. on JVC N7 projector on 120" screen. Zidoo Z10 had darker picture ...

18. MichelT

MichelT New Member

I've updated firmware v6.0.35_G but always no sound on stereo RCA...
    Any other solution ?
    Thanks
    Michel

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
  19. Miguel Ramos

I have a TW9400 and before made the projector calibration I had set the "contrast" of the Zidoo to level 29. Everything else I kept in level 32 which is the factory preset. I recommend you to do this before do any video calibration in the projector to reduce clipping. Have fun!

20. thaworn R

thaworn R Member

Try
    Hdmi/optical audio setting to LPCM 2 CH.