My Zidoo Z9X....

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by OlivierQC, Sep 7, 2020.

1. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

----------------

I use standard audio/video equipment.

Pioneer Elite SC-LX704
    Zidoo Z9X
    Synology DS418 / DS218J
    Sony 77A9G
    Focal Dome 5.1.2/7.1
    Monster Black Platinum (27 Gbps)

----------------

You should know that :

I subscribe to several video streaming services that I use only with my Sony TV and my receiver that are linked in eARC.

I subscribe to Spotify premium which I use with my tablets, cell phones and Nest hub Max and I am not an audiophile either.

My video collection only includes ISO, MKV Remux and MKV in Full HD and UHD HDR format.

I don't have any video in DVD or HD Ready format.

I never use subtitles except for forced subtitles with some movies.

My movies are on 3 NAS in SMB.

In summary, I use my Z9X as a platform to view my movie collection.

That's it & that's all.

------------
    I'll tell you right now...

Not everything is perfect and depending on your needs or expectations, you may encounter some irritants with a Zidoo device.

If I can make a suggestion, inform yourself as best as you can by going for example on the Zidoo forum, you will have a wealth of information that will allow you to make a decision on an ad hoc basis.

And of course, many people think that the grass is greener on the other side of the fence at the neighbor's house but it is not the case, on the other hand they may correspond more with your expectations/needs.

Trying several brands and models of multimedia box to find the one that suits you best in your daily use is a good idea if it is possible for you.

And I repeat, my opinion on this device is based on my own experience and may not be the same for other people.

------------

A 3-step guide

00:00 Teaser
    00:30 Introduction
    01:20 6 things to know before you buy a Zidoo
    04:58 Boot wizard
    05:50 A 3-step guide

----------------

How to remove antennas

In this informational video I will show you how I removed the antennas
    from the Zidoo Z9X, they are used for Wifi and Bluetooth.

------------

My opinion on the Zidoo Z9X

As usual, I will only talk about my experience with my equipment and my viewing habits.

The Z9X and other Zidoo RTD1619DR devices are part of a platform... or should I say a plug and play multimedia system that combines their media box with a movie poster management system called PosterWall (HT4.0) to enjoy your movie collection and in my experience, it's a winning combination, designed and developed to make the most of the capabilities of their devices and see your movies in the best possible conditions.

Currently, the Zidoo Z9X system is an excellent choice for those who need a device to use with a local network or external hard drives.

You can't go wrong with this eco-system... not to mention its excellent price/performance ratio.

That's my humble opinion.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2022
  2. OlivierQC

[​IMG]

Zidoo - settings - RTD1619DR

A lot of buyers like it when it's simple and they don't have to spend an hour in the settings.

Here are the settings for users who want to get the most out of their Zidoo devices as quickly as possible.

Note: If you use the Display/HDR/Auto option, everything is displayed in its native format and is usually the best choice.

-------------

Here are my settings which are appropriate with my equipment and with which I am satisfied, but which will perhaps not be appropriate for you.

-------------

Additional settings are available depending on your personal preferences or due to the limitation of your TV

-------------

Here is the link of the Markswift2003 thread to understand all the different settings of the Zidoo devices, I recommend you to have a look at it.

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...other-useful-stuff-for-rtd1619-players.82695/

-------------
    [​IMG]

The new generation of Zidoo devices with their RTD 1619DR support Dolby Vision format (under certain conditions).

Here is a table below offered by Markswift2003 and which indicates the profiles supported by the Zidoo RTD1619DR

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Zidoo Z1000 PRO (as well as the rest of the RTD1619DR series) incorporates the Dolby Vision VS10 image engine which uses advanced dynamic metadata processing technology.

According to various reputable people and based on comparisons they have made, the VS10 Engine provides a noticeable improvement in image quality and depending on the capabilities of your TV over previous generations.

For users who own an older generation and are wondering whether or not to upgrade, it may indeed be worth considering.

Here is a table below offered by Markswift2003 and which indicates the profiles supported by the Zidoo RTD1619DR

[​IMG]

Source Markswift2003 :
    ''Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD1619 Players''

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...f-for-rtd1619-players-includes-unbrick.82695/

-------------

IMPORTANT

[​IMG]

Zidoo devices are designed for local content, not online streaming, and they do not have agreements in place with streaming providers.

If you want to stream content from sources like Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Disney+ etc..., an Android TV device or native TV apps will be a better choice.

So I repeat, don't buy a Zidoo device hoping to use it with video streaming service apps.

On the other hand, if you're looking for a great value media player to enjoy your movie collection using your NAS or external hard drives, you can't really go wrong with a Zidoo device.

I've had several brands of media boxes in the last few years and Zidoo is the one I chose.

-------------

[​IMG]

Here's what I'd like to see resolved by Zidoo, it's just my opinion related to my daily use and there's nothing major but it's just annoying for me.

No support of some ISO movie with multi-cut version BD's or with Multi-Episode/Multi-Movie BD's ( you need the menu for select the desired playlist/track and it doesn't work).

-------------

[​IMG]

For those interested

To find out where to order a Zidoo device and questions about customs duties, here's how I do it.

Personally I've been ordering directly by email for a long time (and I did the same with Egreat and Himedia at the time), I like to have a contact person to talk to and get good service too.

Here are the 2 emails you can use to order a Zidoo device, you will get excellent service, they are courteous and listen to customers, personally I use David's email.

david@zidoo.tv
    or
    sales@zidoo.tv

When I order a unit, I ask what can be done with customs documents about the value of the device and take their advice / advice into account, after that it is a personal choice and it is up to you to decide.

Do not hesitate to write to them for more informations.

-----

Zidoo Official Store

https://shop.zidoo.tv/

Zidoo German Store

https://www.zidoo.de/

Zidoo Aliexpress Store

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/all-wh ... 1234gUyM3i

-------------

See you soon

Last edited: Jun 12, 2022
  3. Miguel Ramos

Miguel Ramos Active Member

What about a similar thread for the Z10 Pro? ;)

4. xtoyou

xtoyou New Member

5. OlivierQC

Hello Miguel,

I don't have the Z10 pro and Zidoo Team is not interested in talking about it.

I will see if I can add it in this thread by adding download links for the FW for example, etc ...

See you

Miguel Ramos likes this.
  6. OlivierQC

7. Miguel Ramos

Thank s lot for your answer. Honestly I wasn't aware that Zidoo team is not interested in this model (!?). Is there a specific reason why?

8. OlivierQC

Hello Miguel,

Because the X / Z9 and X / Z10 are almost identical, when we talk about the Z / X9 it also concerns the X / Z10.

I added download links for Z10 PRO owners in my presentation.

see you

Miguel Ramos likes this.
  9. Miguel Ramos

Thanks! It makes a total sense I now I gotta what you meant. :)

I'm very happy with my new Z10 Pro. Still a few bugs to solve in ten HT 4.0 but the Box is great in video and sound quality!

10. OlivierQC

Hello Miguel,

I'm glad to hear it, the new generation has a great base and will improve over time.

Since 2016 I have been satisfied with Zidoo devices and I know that the Zidoo team will improve their software in the coming months for this generation.

See you

Miguel Ramos likes this.
  11. Miguel Ramos

It's my 3rd one! I had the X10 and now Z10 and Z10 Pro. All them are great, but the Pro has improved a lot the video quality. With the last firmware upgrade I was able to get in my projector a 12 bits 4.4.4 images with full color spectrum BT2020.

Despite the small bugs that are normal in a new product which surely will be addressed in the future, these new Android media players offer the best price benefits in the market.

I'll be waiting for the next improvements, but meanwhile have a lot a fun with my Zidoo!

OlivierQC likes this.
  12. OlivierQC

Hello Miguel,

thank you for your first impression :)

See you

Miguel Ramos likes this.
  13. Burick graham

Burick graham Member

Does hdmi in support 4k passthrough ?

14. OlivierQC

Hello Burick

I saw your message on facebook.

Does hdmi in support 4k passthrough or limited to 1080p ?

HDMI 2.0 supports 4k 60Hz point-to-point output,HDR(HDR10/HLG/HDR10+/Dolby Vision), 12Bit, BT2020 wide color range, YCbCr 4:4:4 color space. Supporting audio passthrough.

Also how much faster is it to the previous version ?

[​IMG]

See you

15. Burick graham

Burick graham Member

And this in hdmi in. Right? Not hdmi out to tv.

16. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

From the specs:
    HDMI Input: HDMI 2.0, support 4K@60p, 48khz PCM audio

17. OlivierQC

I just received the Z9X, those who have an X9S will not be disoriented, there is a good finish, and I really like the packaging which is more classy than the previous generation, and a nice little detail the Z9X logo reflects the light and gives a metallic aspect to the logo, zidoo has taken care of the small details, good point.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Reza-D and McBluna like this.
  18. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

They really need to fix this lg TV dolby vision issues, right now also mp4 dolby vision files, that work on my ugoos am6 plus with triggered dolby vision, don't work on the zidoo :(

19. OlivierQC

I did not know that the zidoo has a problem with LG TVs for playing dolby vision mp4 files

20. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

It has a problem with LG for any Dolby output at 4K 23.976khz, including VS10 and LLDV.
    On top of that Gemini Man which is 4K 60hz worked on the previous firmware but doesn’t on the latest firmware.
    It’s very poor really that they have never tested this box with the best selling OLEDs on the market,

DennisTheMenace likes this.