I am happy with HT 4.0, please keep going.

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Peter Cheung, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

Videos still show up in watching even when almost finished if they have been stopped at end credits for example. Would be good to have a function to automatically mark videos at 95% as watched. Also TV shows don't even show up in watching list. It's too many clicks to see the next episode in a series. It's like TV > Show > Season > Episode when it should already know what my next part is and make it easier for me to click it.

2. fsim2000

fsim2000 New Member

Tried it now (with the newest firmware 6.0.35) and sadly it again lookes like this:
    Screenshot_20200903-174448.png

3. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

Did you use NFO or scrapping? With NFO the actor don't have the related themoviedb ID attached because the NFO specs doesn't have all fields.
    And HT3 shows only the movies you've in your collection where the actor is related to. I guess this didn't change with HT4. What I don't like is that the related movies don't show the poster from the poster wall. HT uses any poster from themoviedb.
    Since I use only tinymediamanager for scraping I'm working on a tool what imports all information from the NFOs and enhanced it with the correct themoviedb IDs. So the poster wall works like I want it.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
    quanah and fsim2000 like this.
  4. McBluna

What's build in? Everything on an Android is an app

5. fsim2000

fsim2000 New Member

I am using TMM to prepare my files. Can I add this ID somehow or how do I get the information in HT?

6. McBluna

No it's not in the NFO

7. Zwanzig

Zwanzig Member

8. McBluna

But HT don't use it

9. fsim2000

fsim2000 New Member

Should I scrape again with NFO and local pictures set to "off"? Will this overwrite my existing infos / pictures or will it add the information what is missing (like actors information). Or do I have to make a full reset of HT and restart from scratch (what I don´t want to do cause I want to keep my own posters for example...)?

What is the best way to add the actors information?

10. Peter Cheung

Peter Cheung Member

I suggest press the info key to rematch it again.
    I do Movie Wall Data back up.
    I do backups for those programs, e.g. iTunes or MPD.
    The NFO created by Zidoo is a simple one it will overwrite your existing NFO.
    An overwrite option also consume your hard disk space.

fsim2000 likes this.
  11. Stratos_K

Stratos_K Member

Guys I have a question. Right now I have a Z9S with HT2.0 and some time soon I am considering buying the Z9X. I wanted to ask if there is a way to transfer my library to the HT4.0 or I will have to scrape everything from the beginning. It took me a while to fix my whole library so I do hope there is a way to transfer everything instead of starting from scratch.

12. McBluna

I'd recommend to upgrade to the latest HT 3.0.45 and then follow my guide.
    https://www.mcbluna.net/wp/zidoo/guide-how-to-backup-your-home-theater-data/

13. Peter Cheung

Peter Cheung Member

My case is Z9S HT3.0 backup restore to Z9X HT3.0. It is successfully transfered.
    As times goes by, some more movies added to the data base.
    Then I had tried Z9X HT3.0 back up restore to Z9S HT3.0 .
    I haven't tried other scenarios.

14. Stratos_K

Stratos_K Member

Thank you very much for this guide but to be honest I am a little confused. From what I see when backing up from inside the HT you get a .ztb file. And then you use the RAR app to backup the .HomeTheater folder into a zip file also? That's why in the last pic you have both the .ztb and zip files? Also when I change to the new zidoo with HT4 how I will restore these two files?

Sorry for asking but I have never done this before and I don't want to mess it up.

15. Steve Dunn

Steve Dunn New Member

Thanks @Peter Cheung,

Are there any details on what HT4 brings compared to HT3? I upgraded my Z9X to the latest 6.0.35 beta firmware last night and now have HT4 but it didn’t look any different or seem to offer any change in menu and configuration?
    Zidoo site itself barely acknowledges the HT4 software?

I do like HT, even as previous Kodi user. However, I’ve not managed any of the alternative views that you show in your 1st post. Quite like the look of some of those if I can figure out how to use them (I’m half way through reorganising my library and file names from my previous Himedia box on Android 4.4 to this new one...finally getting the badges to display the way I want which has needed a fair amount of file name changes and file format conversion).

Steve.

16. Peter Cheung

Peter Cheung Member

use the arrow ⬆️⬇️⬅️➡️ key on your remote (not those 2 marked as Resolution and Delete, not the mouse pointer), move to top right as show on the screenshot

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
  17. McBluna

The zip contains all the images. The backup contains the HT settings and the database. You need both for a complete data transfer.

18. Stratos_K

Stratos_K Member

Thanks for clarifying this. Can you please tell me the correct procedure in order to restore both files?

19. Steve Dunn

Steve Dunn New Member

Thanks Peter,

When I’d tried those before, I thought it was just changing the number of movie tiles & size per page so I’ll have another look tonight. I maybe just didn’t cycle through all options when my first click simply changed the initial size (and I’d preferred the previous so stopped there).

thanks pal.

Steve.

Miguel Ramos likes this.
  20. maglione

maglione Member

Hi, i'm new to zidoo, i think another improvement it needs is the screen protector, when we pause a movie or series, to protect oled tv. and avoid the annoying splashscreens of the refresh rate when resuming.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020