ZIDOO Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

What HDR mode are you using on the Zidoo?

2. kenneth2281

kenneth2281 New Member

i am using auto and i have also tried hdr10

3. Markswift2003

I can't say that the Z1000 Pro behaves the same as the Z9X, and I don't have one to test, but I would certainly expect so.

In Auto, if playing HDR10, with that projector, the Zidoo will choose Realtek HDR10 mode and in that mode black clips at about 68 (0.5%) where ideal is 64, but 68 is fine.

There is no overall black lift so in all honestly, you shouldn't be seeing grey.

Try setting HDMI Range to 16-235 and make sure that matches the projector's setting (Input Level > "Standard")

4. kenneth2281

kenneth2281 New Member

ok thanks i will try that tomorrow and i will get back to you

Markswift2003 likes this.
  5. piou44

piou44 New Member

what you said, is not true, on this forum, all the people who have changed protocol SMB-> NFS, no longer have a problem, and IPv6 has no connection with the NFS protocol. am on another forum and it's the same problem, SMB = problem, NFS no problem, AND WITHOUT DISABLING IPV6, stop being convinced of something when here on this forum, people come one by one for say that to switch to NFS there is no more problem and by keeping IPv6, you are misleading people

6. Fatih Durmus

Fatih Durmus Member

can i watch youtube 4K HDR ?

7. Markswift2003

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

8. Derek Watson

Derek Watson New Member

Please put your keyboard down before you hurt yourself :p

Markswift2003 likes this.
  9. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

10. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

Mark, if using the LLDV mode does that also I presume use the Dolby decoder and therefore doesn't have the blue colour banding?

11. Markswift2003

Yes, indeed - LLDV uses the VS10 engine and output shows pretty much zero banding. You can see minor inconsistencies if you take a deep dive with patterns showing individual levels, but I dare say you'll see that with any player, and certainly, the VS10 engine is the best I've seen in this class of media player for banding.

To be fair to this and other similar devices, even though you can see banding on blue in test patterns with the Realtek engine, you'll seldom see it real world footage.

JS_racer likes this.
  12. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

Great news, I've been using LLDV via a Vertex2 to my JVC projector for all content and it seems to do a very nice job.

13. Markswift2003

Nice one - exactly my intentions - in fact once levels are sorted (pedestal on VS10 HDR & SDR are way too high at the moment) I'll give VS10 HDR and even SDR a good look at - the conversions are again excellent, just needs the black floor sticking in the right place.

14. kenneth2281

kenneth2281 New Member

ok so i got the blacklevel to work so its not gray anymore nice picture now
    now i have a new question the poster wall finds my movies but its not all there is a trailer for how can that be fixed

15. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Any chance of a fix for us C9 owners, my Z9X is back in the box, bit useless at the moment.

Cyclion likes this.
  16. Valera

Valera Member

Looks
    Looks like blutooth is required for proper remote operation. Turning off bt on the previius model makes remote too narrow.

17. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

The movies that are not recognized - hold OK button longer and rescan manually.
    You can download your own trailer and attach to movie page if not working or you need different better version. Info on local trailers here.

18. Miguel Ramos

Miguel Ramos Active Member

Sorry if this question was already posted. Any tips why some MKV files don't play?

The Z10 (not Pro) works without issues. I've reset the Z10 Pro several times but still the same problems in playing MKV files... :(

Any tips?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
  19. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I have a question about HDR10+ output on the Z9X.

I'm trialing a new Samsung TV that has HDR10+ support. Unfortunately both my AVR and UHD player don't support HDR10+. Therefore so to test the Z9X I connected its HDMI directly into the TV HDMI. I have played a couple of movies that are definitely encoded with HDR10+ but none play in that mode - just HDR10.

I have tried setting HDR in the Zidoos menu to both Auto and Mapping HDR10.

Is there something else I need to do?

20. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

Auto and mapping HDR10 are the correct settings in the Zidoo.
    Maybe there is something in your TV?
    Having said that, the same problem seems to hold true with users of Samsung TVs and the Dune. With my Philips TV I never had any problems getting HDR10+ to work.
    So maybe there’re is a problem with Samsung TVs?