ZIDOO Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Aug 4, 2020.

1. hugole1

hugole1 New Member

Can you delete files with NFS-connection on the Synology? For me I can't. With SMB deleting is working.

2. zarathoestra

zarathoestra Active Member

I got so many troubles using ipvanish i did the magic trick never saw it back:D It was good and reliable before the feds came over and demand there logs and they gave it so for them it's game over .There's just one golden rule never give or keep a log:eek:

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

The 10 models have a different display and so also different routines for it. Zidoo needs to sync those over models apparently.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
  4. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

I got NordVPN to work. With default settings it wouldnt work properly.

I set VPN protocol to OpenVPN(UDP) disabled CyberSec enabled allow local network discovery and it's working perfectly now. Split tunneling also works.

zarathoestra and Nice Monkey like this.
  5. DMD

DMD Member

Good morning
    Sorry for the ignorant question, as I am very interested in this box, I wonder if the external USB slot can be used to expand the internal memory, or is it just for reading data?
    Sincerely thank you

6. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

A USB device will expand the internal storage not the memory.

DMD likes this.
  7. JS_racer

JS_racer Member

strange, no screen saver with paused video ?? i had a phone call, paused the video played with media player, came back after an extended time and the screen saver is not on...
    it come on if in the gui, am i missing something ??

having some weird quirks too, might restore the box, then do the online update, and possibly do the beta again...

8. DMD

DMD Member

Thanks for the reply.
    I was asking the question because at the moment I use another box with Kodi, which increases the size of the database.

9. piou44

piou44 New Member

You have to stop talking about IPv6 you are doing fake news, all the people who have freezes on the forums change their protocol to NFS, and the problems disappear, this has no connection with IPV6, and for your information I am a computer technician

10. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Won't help as USB storage is in fact added as Portable Storage not Internal Storage expanding the Flash coming with the player.
    Android may include a utility to format storage as Internal Storage or Portable Storage but this implementation does not (did not find it).

11. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

Yes this is one thing that I hope they can fix/add. Possibly the android screensaver function has limits and won't work with running apps but as an OLED owner I think it's really important to have a screensaver for paused video so that I don't get burn in. ZDMC with the kodi screensaver does seem to work with paused videos.

Edit - The Android screen saver does work fine with the Music player.

JS_racer likes this.
  12. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Brilliant. Thanks for your erudite contribution.

Just to clarify, there is an issue that either seems to be ISP or geolocation specific that involves multicast packets being sent to a certain server that halts the network in the Z9S for a few seconds.

Debug logs confirm this.

This translates to either a full refresh of the poster page, a message as below, or a freeze of local video depending on what you are doing at the time. The frequency of these packets is approx. every half hour.

Although NFS is generally adequate due to it's low overhead, these boxes perform better with SMB than NFS and if using NFS when the network halts, the box does not recover, usually necessitating a restart.

If you disable IPv6 LAN side, these packets are no longer sent and the network does not halt.

The Zidoo devs and I have been working at this for a number of weeks now and haven't tied down the root cause, but it's certainly not caused by network integrity which is the cause of most freezes and stutters.

Screenshot_20200804-201319.png
    Could resist this :D:

Screenshot_20200901-161721.png

quanah, Derek Watson and zarathoestra like this.
  13. JS_racer

JS_racer Member

hmm, might just me the media center that doesn't have the screen saver. Not sure if playing off the home theater wall has the same issue, i haven't added anything to it yet.

i have pauses from time to time, with uhd, and have ip6 disabled on my asus router.

14. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I have used SMB since I got this box a few weeks ago. Not had a single glitch. Oh and my ISP does not support IPv6. Go figure.

15. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

To be clear Screen saver is not working for me on paused video so that's not just you.
    Screen saver is working for me on music player and if i'm idle in the media center or home screen.

16. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

So... if your isp doesn’t support IPv6 then you don’t get the problem.... is it me or you that isn’t understanding this?

17. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

More like if your ISP doesn't support IPv6 you can't get this problem, but if your ISP does support IPv6 it doesn't mean to say you will have this problem.

As I say, we're still trying to tie down the cause.

The symptoms are very specific and they happen as regular as clockwork every half hour. Once you've identified the packets in Wireshark, you can predict to the second when it's going to happen.

18. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Sort of what I meant lol
    Can’t get it.

19. Vismantas Bagdonas

Vismantas Bagdonas New Member

color space on Z10 PRO is fixed on RGB output? as z10 and older models had problems on RGB 4:4:4...
    on this test
    on Z10 red color is way off.... (on RGB output 10bit for example)
    can someone verify this ?
    ps: this must be downloaded and run from internal video player, not from youtube

20. kenneth2281

kenneth2281 New Member

hello i just received zidoo z1000 pro i have a jvc x9900 projector when i watch hdr on it the blacklevel gray how do setup so that the blacks are black