New firmware v6.0.30 Beta version for ZIDOO Z9X release + ZDMC v18.8

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by pavlin67, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

Is it recommended to do a factory reset after an upgrade?

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Only if you experience instabilities related to the update which I did not observe thus far. No need to install everything again.

@mirror
    Nice update to Image Player. Please make the slideshow mode (screensaver) turn the pictures automatically. With that it finally can be used in practice for watching and selecting photo collections. The Album view and manual view do this correctly already. Must have slipped through (as it never worked).

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
    Vinny4K likes this.
  3. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Still black synch screens on LG C9 either playing native DV or HDR10 via VS10

DV mp4 files created from MEL titles that played on 6.2.2 are now broken, green screen on most with audio, 1 out of 10 tries you may get one to play the picture..?
    Gemini man doesn’t play at all when previously it did (60 FPS)

All in all no real improvements in this firmware, more broken than fixed.

DennisTheMenace likes this.
  4. Nice Monkey

Having a LG C9 and just looking at DV you may be correct, but in general this is a good FW update coming with many essential fixes.

For me the Z9X is now almost reaching the functional state of Z9S additional to various HW and FW related innovations and improvements.
    When items like 3D and Music Player have been fixed too I can already swap my player for daily use. This went a lot smoother than with the RTD1296 introduction and did not disappoint me.

Development for VS10 and DV obviously will need to go on dealing with above all the many different TV implementations for HDR variants like @mirror already mentioned.

5. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

NVIDIA did it, and ugoos also have a working sdr,hdr to dolby vision upscaler, i know these are different chips (tegra and Amlogic). I don't know how hard it is to develop for this rtd1619dr chips, but I hope, they can make it, one day

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
  6. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

No real improvements on this list? Can you describe which upgrades are not fixed, but broken please?
    System
    1. Fix the problem that the AV output is not connected to the video cable and there is no sound output
    2. Fix the issue of some online video freezes
    3. Increase Samba service function
    4. Repair the DLNA screen projection function after entering the screen saver
    5. Fix the problem of sound delay after some videos are fast forwarded
    6. Add support for aiff music files
    7. Optimize the Bluetooth remote control connection function
    8. Fix the problem that occasionally cannot be shut down
    9. Optimize the remote control long key function
    10. Fix the problem that some U disks cannot be correctly identified
    11. Optimize the screen saver function
    12. Fix the problem that Mango TV prompts the device to be rooted
    13. Adapt to ZDMC software

Player
    1. Fix the problem that chapters cannot be switched
    2. Fix the problem of pressing the function key to continue playing during pause
    3. Optimize subtitle download
    4. Add press the information button to display poster information
    5. Optimize the function of forced subtitles
    6. Fix the problem that SMB videos cannot be played through ZDMC
    7. Fix the problem that some TVs cannot automatically play in 3D
    10. Increase HDR 12bit function
    11. Fix the issue of splash screen in some DV movies

Picture manager
    1. New revision of functions
    2. Add custom folder function
    3. Add the function of setting folders as screensaver pictures
    4. Optimize the slideshow function

Poster wall:
    1. Upgrade version 4.0
    2. Optimize the sorting function of the navigation interface
    3. Fix the problem that Douban cannot match
    4. Solve the problem that the child lock will be ignored when playing directly
    5. Fix the problem of incorrect data after sorting widgets
    6. Optimize the ratio of local trailers
    7. Optimize the sorting function
    8. Optimize the details interface

Quick settings
    1. Add Samba service switch
    2. Optimize color settings
    3. Increase color depth compatibility mode

7. DaMacFunkin

Hi Vinny, since you have taken the bait...

More things have been broken for ME than fixed...
    I never had a problem with Douban not matching or with ‘New revision of functions’???

I did have a problem with DV playback and now files that played ‘ok’ on 6.2.2 don’t play at all with 6.3.0.

So yes, from my perspective it has broken more than it has fixed, There are people out there that will only be interested in this machine for its claimed picture quality output and format support, anything else can be done quite well in other existing devices, including older models from Zidoo.

So look forward to more people coming on this forum complaining that the box isn’t fit for purpose, because until I can watch my movies without black screens, green screens or it not being able to correctly reproduce the required color space it is a waste of some people’s money and time.

PS I’m quite happy IF I get time to create files or try certain files to help out in fixing these faults if asked or requested.

8. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

I asked, because on my side I see only improvements with this new firmware update.

9. boxerfan

boxerfan Active Member

Feature request: EDID bypass (manual selection) - to remain manually fixed even after reboot.

Tested on v6.0.30_G, EDID bypass (manual selection) is lost after reboot. Resolution reverts back to 1080p.

10. Nice Monkey

Strange mine improved with v6.0.30 keeping 1080P23 till this moment (rebooted several times). Changing HDR triggered a reset which has been solved.

11. JS_racer

JS_racer Member

Say, if a G version is installed, does every following version also need to be a G ?
    Did the regular on my box this morning. Is there any potential drawback for the G version?
    Thanks much for your time,

12. boxerfan

boxerfan Active Member

Mine is manually set at 2160P24.
    Upon reboot, I think it does a TV EDID check, and then goes back to 1080P.

13. DaMacFunkin

Since this firmware I now get a black screen on start-up on my C9, I need to press the resolution key in the remote to get the home screen, I have tried shutting down in 4k 23Hz and 4k auto, same result on power on.

14. Nice Monkey

To keep Google Services every update needs to be a _G version which will keep registrations nicely. This works a lot easier than using GAPP's Installer with Android 7.
    No there are no negative side effects beyond being registeren and installed APP's tracking by google.
    If you are getting nightmares of Big Brother watching you don't (but he will do that anyway). :D

We may presume all TV's have EDID implemented correctly which is definitely not the case. I further doubt that is really known what the best way is.
    All this HDR stuff may end up with needing TV Brand/Model/FW tables per setting/choice.

Updated my "All You Need To Know..." with both paragraphs.

Question: Are all the power DOWN and above all power-UP problems solved now?
    Never saw it happen even once myself. But I am using the V8 remote with it.

JS_racer likes this.
  15. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

I have a question about badges/labels in HT4.
    I have a lot of BluRay remux movies and I want the BluRay badge/label on the movie poster.
    I have renamed all the MKV movies like this:
    Troy (2004).bd.mkv
    I added ".bd", and earlier I thougt that it was needed for the BluRay badge/label, but it won't work.

Anyone know how to get the BluRay badge/label on my MKV movie poster?

16. cappy1

cappy1 Member

There may be other options, but "HD" works. (May not be the best descriptor, but at least allows quick ID of Blu-ray's.

17. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Just put BluRay in there like Troy (2004).BluRay.mkv

There is separate thread dealing with Home Theater (poster wall) and all related. Latest list of badges is here.

Vinny4K likes this.
  18. JS_racer

JS_racer Member

say, if the box is in standby, then the Samba service is off line ??

19. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

All boxes do that. All you really need to worry about is that hard drives spin down and don't restart randomly for no reason.

20. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

Thanks 3DBuff. Missed that one. Perfect!