ZIDOO Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

If this is the same issue I'm seeing then network buffers will not make a difference - a debug log shows that the network actually disconnects when certain network UDP calls are made and IPv6 is active.

If you wireshark it you can see the network calls that are coincident with it and even predict exactly when it will happen.

The length of the freeze will vary from between 1 and maybe 5 or 6 seconds, presumably due to external hops made by the calls.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
  2. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

My BT router has IPv6 enabled (can't disable it) but I've watched a couple of films - one via SMB and one via NFS and I havn't seen this problem at all.

3. Markswift2003

Thank you, that's good to know - as I say, it seems a very restricted problem and we're not quite sure of the exact parameters yet.

4. Steve Dunn

Steve Dunn New Member

Loving the Z9X so far and accepting there are likely improvements still to come. I’m now trying to setup the HT3 video wall so the family can use it.

One thing I miss is a DVD category.
    We have 4K, 3D & Bluray but no DVD? Much as I prefer watching the new formats, I’ve extensive DVD discs, particularly Disney and kids stuff where they don’t care about video or sound quality.

My work around is to create one but I have to manually add each film to it (a pain for 400 films). I usually then split these up into kids, wife’s movies, musicals etc so would be handy to have that format.
    HT3 does auto recognise the film as it puts a DVD scarf around the corner of the poster!

Any thoughts? I assume this is a HT3 thing, rather than the Z9X firmware so surprised it’s not already there?

Steve.

5. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Not really it is an ignorance of DVD importance in general. DVD Menu's don't work always as they should, you can't play without them, many other option faults etc.
    They have just made them play that is it.

Always has been like that, not just for the new models. So I don't call them problems but inconveniences.

6. cappy1

cappy1 Member

Perhaps not applicable to your situation, but I keep separate files on the NAS for 4K, Blu-ray and standard DVD and then add them to Zidoo as separate sources. Works perfectly.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  7. Steve Dunn

Steve Dunn New Member

Thanks guys,

I used a Himedia device before with Kodi so although new to the Zidoo world, not to Movie Walls.
    I only extract the movie itself regardless of format so the family can watch. I like to separate the kids stuff (and the wife’s rubbish!!!) into different sections. Generally the better quality BluRays and now 4K on the Zidoo are for me ;-)

Just thought it odd to have the better file formats and specifically not cater for DVD. I’ve around 300 DVDs that the family watched via the old media box.

I guess I’ll just need to think of another way? Maybe play around with a combination of the 4K / Blu-ray Media type categories (the little round icons) and utilise the genre categories further down (small rectangular ones at the bottom) as they do have ‘family’ & ‘animation’ which could work to my needs.

thanks,

Steve.

8. JS_racer

JS_racer Member

excited to join the zidoo community. had my dune smart d1 for a ton of years and it has been great. ordered the z9x since i have a sony x950h with dolby vision.
    my shipment was in Hong Kong yesterday, out for delivery in Minnesota USA today!!

looking back for the optimum settings, audio output raw? and vs10 / lldv ?? or auto ??
    For Dolby Vision Displays:
    For SDR or single Dolby Vision source: Quick Setting> Display>HDR>LLDV
    For HDR or Dolby Vision source: Quick Setting> Display>HDR>Auto
    HDCP setting to 2.2

am i missing anything ?? thanks!!

9. Markswift2003

Here's my recommendations at the moment:

Playback/Automatic frame rate/Frame rate mode: Switch frame rate and resolution

Display/HDR: Auto*
    Display/Color Settings/4K 50~60Hz: Priority YUV420 10BIT
    Display/Color Settings/4K 23~30Hz: Priority YUV444 10BIT
    Display/Color Settings/Non-4K: Priority YUV444 8BIT
    Display/Color Settings/HDMI Color Region: 16-235**
    Display/HDMI Mode: 3840x2160p 23Hz***

Audio/HDMI Audio: RAW
    Audio/Downmix HD Audio output: OFF

* or Mapping HDR for permanent HDR10 or VS10 for permanent HDR/SDR/LLDV depending on EDID
    ** This sets 64 - 940 for 10-bit content
    *** Set this last since changing HDR mode resets HDMI Mode (FW 6.0.22)

rozel, JS_racer and Miguel Ramos like this.
  10. JS_racer

JS_racer Member

Thanks so very much!
    Got those set... easy enough.

Say, what is the 4k 23fps setting for? Just curious. .
    Changed the switch framerate and resolution per your recommendation also.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
  11. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

Thnx Markswift, I hope you will keep the settings updated with the upcoming firmwares.

12. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Upcoming firmwares?

Yeah, need some soon the box is almost useless for us C9 owners.

Also they said ZDMC update was coming soon, my definition of soon is a couple of days, I seem to remember from when I owned a X9S and a a Z9S that Zidoo definition of soon was months ‍♂️

Rob W and DennisTheMenace like this.
  13. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

Thanks god i also have a NVIDIA shield, if the z9x would be my only media player i would be really pissed

Please give us customers (beta testers...lol) a firmware. I really hope it doesn't takes too long

14. Genadi

Genadi Member

is it possible to flash z9x

15. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

Yes it really needs a new update to fix some quite major issues - blinking on LG TVs, washed out image when using VS10 with HDR10, 3D MVC mkv not working properly, IPv6 issues, DV mkvs going choppy, DV mkvs with subtitles locking up plus plenty more issues. Maybe we should start a bug tracker?

Rob W likes this.
  16. Genadi

Genadi Member

When I turn it on, it says / boot / hello / 2:00, no picture. If I try with a reset button, it says up / boot and it freezes there. Is it possible for the z9x to flash find a file or return it to the seller. Please help!

17. Nice Monkey

You need to use the emergency ROM image with the reset button for a full reset. Is documented in detail for previous models and still works the same. Used it for Z9X too so it for sure works.

It is Chinese soon. That indeed may take some time but will eventually come for sure.

18. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

19. Oldirtydog

Oldirtydog Member

If he tried this method for Z9S https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/support_guide/guide_target/ua1h3YuLrJzeq7k9e[ld]3ulg==.html it is a problem or not? or contact the zidoo service to send new ROM for Zidooo Z9X ?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
  20. Nice Monkey

Oldirtydog likes this.