ZIDOO Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Doesn't change my answer I don't think, but you know what - given you have a Dolby Vision TV, I'd take the plunge and get one ;)

2. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

I have a Samsung Qled QE55Q9FN (HDMI UHD Color is on) and I think the picture from a full UHD HDR movie is way too dark.
    With all SDR all content is perfect.

Can someone please check my settings for improvements?

Playback:
    -Frame-Rate Switch: Frame-Rate and resolution
    Display:
    -HDMI Mode: Auto (3840x2160P 60Hz)
    Color settings:
    -4K 50-60Hz: YUV420 10BIT
    -4K 23-30Hz: YUV444 10BIT
    -Non-4K: YUV444 8BIT
    HDMI Color Region: Auto
    HDR: Auto
    MaxCLL and MaxFall: On
    HDCP: 2.2

3. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

Color needs to be 16-235

DennisTheMenace and Vinny4K like this.
  4. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

Yes if hdr auto is selected, you have set hdmi color region to 16-235
    Auto is buggy

Vinny4K likes this.
  5. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

A question about upscaling.

I have a 2016 Samsung UHD TV and in ts day considered very good at upscaling. With the Z9S I always set both Frame Rate and Resolution switching set and let the TV do upscaling from 1080p.

Just wondering if the upscaling on the Z9X would be better option than my 2016 TV?

6. Markswift2003

My feeling is let the TV do it, but you'd have to try both ways - I'd try some 1080p test patterns so it's easy to see the difference.

Try this one:

https://mega.nz/file/cOYWTCBD#6yg7dF9hFYxSmUDyL7XfSUN12IY2Dzu3iuRQC8FXUzI

7. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Thanks. Downloaded the file and played with TV and Z9X doing upscaling. TBH looked pretty much identical. The only difference I could see was in the grey bar boxes top right and bottom left. The long grey bar under the AVS HD 709 banners looked like a set of very close diagonal lines with Z9X doing upscaling and a box of pixels when the TV was doing the work. Not sure which is more accurate! See attached. I lean towards the Z9X upscale

Attached Files:

• TV.jpg
      TV.jpg
      File size:
      3.3 MB
      Views:
    • Z9X.jpg
      Z9X.jpg
      File size:
      3.4 MB
      Views:
    Rob W likes this.
  8. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

I prefer Z9x upscale to my TV. I think Zidoo have done a good job.

DennisTheMenace likes this.
  9. Markswift2003

That's actually pretty impressive upscaling by the box, but the TV definitely has the edge - there's also a bit more anti-aliasing on the 2 and 4px horizontal lines on the Zidoo.

In all honesty, I doubt you'd ever see any difference in real world content, but it's worth picking the best one, and that seems to be the TV which you'd kind of expect.

DennisTheMenace likes this.
  10. Sorry, I'm here again to interrupt your speeches .........
    Let's also say that my question is a lot in OT but, I don't know where to ask it, since only with this chip, we talk about DV.

Anyway, if I'm OT, I ask the moderators to apologize ...........

My question: only at an amateur level, I have the knowledge, the software and the harvare to be able to calibrate the TV with a colorimetric probe.

Calibration in REC 709 is now very easy and in any case it uses targets that with today's TVs is almost a game.

As for the DCI-P3 color space in REC. 2020, unfortunately, perhaps some new monitors reach them this year, otherwise it calibrates itself according to the limits of your TV (with this, the Delta E, sometimes it is quite high but, you can not do anything else).

Now I come directly to my question: how the heck do you calibrate (always at the maximum limits of the Display) for example in DV, when all the parameters change according to the image?

This question of mine seems inappropriate on this discussion but, since we talk (with the new processor) always HDR10, HDR +, DV, etc .....

It seems to me extremely important to know, especially in DV (I have not put HDR + I do not consider it as my TV does not support it, only HDR10 and DV) ..............

I give you another excuse for having written a poem, Andrea.

11. mago3

mago3 New Member

Hi,
    On my oled C8:
    If I play 1080 sdr files with VS10 / LLDV everything is correct; if I play 4K files with VS10 / LLDV I get constant black screen.
    Is it so?
    Edit:
    Problem solved, I had an error in the configuration of the pioneer AV amplifier

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
  12. DMD

DMD Member

13. Pedro van der Werf

Pedro van der Werf New Member

Wifi issue,
    Need help. Try to connect with my Z9X to WiFi, but it keeps having the status connecting..... Network cable connection is no problem.
    I have an Asus RT-AC87U router with 2.4 and 5.0GHz.
    Any idea or work around?

14. mago3

mago3 New Member

I'm sorry, I do not understand. I can't find the micro SD slot

15. mago3

mago3 New Member

I have the same router and I have no problems with the Wi-Fi connection

16. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

Expanding the internal storage with a SD card (even if there was a SD card slot) would slow down the whole storage speed.

It's better to expand it using a SATA drive or USB 3.0 drive. A SD card slot is not missed on a device with SATA/USB 3.0.

17. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

Try to change channels
    I don’t have problems with mine

18. DIKKE

DIKKE Active Member

ok, after 4 days ( beta ) testing with 6.0.22.G and high speed 4k HDMI cable :
    -stuttering with UHD rips. random. Image freeze for few seconds. ( Reference GT KING running coreelec for setup NAS<>LAN<>media box<> TV works fine with same UHD rips )
    -using HDR DV setting, IPTV streams freeze after x min. Set to AuTo, IPTV works fine.
    -Resolution switch between z9x & Samsung UHD LED does sometimes work, but basically the Samsung stays on UHD 60 Hz mode whatever source the Z9x is using.. When i switch off Z9x with a 1080.mkv, after reboot Z9x changes TV to 1080.

-Picture quality is very good.
    -overall def worth the money.

best

19. hifi-guru

hifi-guru New Member

Maybe yes.
    For some tracks the player does not recognize the HD soundtrack (TrueHD or Master Audio) and instead outputs sd format(dts).
    If you then change the sound track several times through options, the correct sound format is output and everything works fine.

I had trouble also to connect because of wrong Password. It seems there was a Problem with the Input of Keyboard Layout using ÖÄÜ instead of O,A,U.
    I would try again and use Option "Show Password" to check.

What still doesn't work is the Playback of 3D-BD Menü and Movie in many Cases, if you go over Media Center --> open with --> Playback with Bluray...(menu)
    The option Play Video works in much more Cases.

20. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

I finally found the video playback buffer setting mentioned earlier in thread. It wasn't in the setup wizard for me but found it at..

Quick Settings > Other > About > Advanced Settings > System > Realtek developer options > playback with less reserved buffers.

Hopefully that will fix the odd freeze I have over SMB.

There is another setting in there called
    "Enable Playback Performance Mode (EXPERIMENTAL)" I really want to toggle it but what does it do:eek: