ZIDOO Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Aug 4, 2020.

1. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I suggest you keep up with the to and fro discussions on this thread. The box is very new and will see a few quick firmware releases to fix bugs and add features. But to date it appears the video performance is superior to the Z9S and has bags of potential.

andreamusso.am likes this.
  2. Steve Dunn

Steve Dunn New Member

Thanks 3DBuff,

Took a few hours but I’ve read that whole thread. Yours and MarkSwift2003 observations on Poster Badges are exactly my issue. Doesn’t seem to be much update during the last 10 pages so I’ll just sit tight and be patient.

Might try to test in mkv container format rather than the direct folder but would be a lot of work to do across my whole collection.

Thanks again,

3. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Tried that and it didn't work. App that I side loaded opened on its side no matter what this was set to.

4. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Hi, already stated a quite a few posts back it doesn’t affect 60hz Dolby output, only 23,976, any file that is output at 23,976 DV will suffer on the C9.

DennisTheMenace likes this.
  5. asianjabba

asianjabba New Member

just tested out my z9x today and so far it's pretty good - but there are some bugs if anybody has the same issue and if there is any solution or do they have to wait till the next firmware update:
    1. i can't seem to turn the power on with my remote. I have to close and turn the power on from the back of the box and my remote works while the zidoo z9x is on. But once it's off, i can't seem to turn it back on - anybody have this problem too?
    2. when i play a dolby vision mp4 file - the dd 5.1 doesn't come on (the sound) but all other files (mkv files) works fine. is this a bug?
    3. i plugged a hard drive to the sata cable and it sees the hard drive. i'm connected to it through ethernet but my PC does not seem to 'find' the zidoo - even when i type in the ip address (10.0.0.XX) - i don't see openwrt on z9x either...am i missing something?
    4. does anybody recommend a good remote with a keyboard so i can use that to fix all my matches in the theater wall from my movies?

thank you so much for any tips/help - i look forward to taking full advantage of this box on my OLED E8.

6. Theeraphon

Theeraphon Member

Either connecting Z9X directly to OLED or through MRX720, DV VS10 still gives no picture. But DV LLDV works fine.

I just read DennisTheMenace's and DaMacFunkin's comments up there. That's clear things up for me.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
  7. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

4: https://shop.zidoo.tv/products/v9

8. Rumootje

Rumootje Member

It would be a good thing, especially for Sonos users, to have the possibility to down mix DTS to Dolby Digital 5.1.

Will this be implemented?

9. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

I am playing Dolby Vision Mp4 with DD5.1, DD+5.1 and AAC7.1 with this unit. ( apart from the back screens obvs)
    No openwrt on this unit, find nice monkeys thread in the previous menu.

10. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

1. No - that's a new one! A few of us have had this box in testing for a number of weeks now and no-one has reported that problem. Try changing the Power Key setting in <Quick Settings/Other/Power Key Define>.

2. Again, not had an issue with sound on DV files. Try this one and see if you still have the same problem:

3. Unfortunately OpenWRT isn't on the box yet, so there's no SMB server running.

4. I just use a cheap small form USB keyboard and plug in when needed, but if you want something more permanent, any bluetooth keyboard will be fine.

xskip likes this.
  11. asianjabba

asianjabba New Member

Thank you so much for all your tips and answers - I will test them and get back to you. I’m connected z9x -> nakamichi 9.2 shockwave -> Lg oled E8. Should all my audio settings be set to raw (hdmi)? Also If anybody else has some help - in the HDR settings should I have it on auto or just leave it on Dolby vision v10 engine for everything?

thank you again for all your help - this box is awesome!

12. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

I set raw HDMI audio because on auto it would only pass through DTS/DD and not DTS-HD/True-HD.

13. NickS

NickS New Member

Absolutely loving the improvements in picture quality with the Z9X but suffering without OpenWRT. Hope that enabling network file transfers to attached drives is high on Zidoo's development priority schedule.

14. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I was under the impression that the network SMB protocol isn't supported until OpenWRT is replaced with something else, which Zidoo are working on. But what about NFS? I have pre-ordered a Z1000 Pro and will want to put a sizeable drive in it and utilise one of my network Nas's with it. NFS will be essential for me so could someone confirm I will be ok out of the box please?

15. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

You can read NFS and SMB but it can’t host it - so you will be fine.

16. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Ahh - thanks. Another mystery for me has been resolved. :)

17. VANLUC

VANLUC New Member

Hello, when I play an 3D ISO, Z9X says my TV is not 3D compatible. I have to force 3D playback myself on the Z9X ...

18. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

Yes I have same issue. ISO Works with forced 3D. Can you test with a mkv mvc file to see if it works for you. For me mkv files enable 3D mode (with forced set) on the TV but they are not processed properly 3D effect is wrong.
    They have a mkv mvc test file at https://kodi.wiki/view/Samples

19. VANLUC

VANLUC New Member

20. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

Last edited: Aug 24, 2020