OTG Port

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9' started by St.Mulligan, Jan 5, 2016.

1. St.Mulligan

St.Mulligan New Member

Your sales literature advertises an OTG port for the X9 but I don't see the typical mini connector. Is one of the USB ports the OTG port? If so, which one? I've tried each with a male-male usb cable but none active the client mode. Is there a special cable?

2. Paul Craton

Paul Craton New Member

Hi Did you make any progress on identifying how to connect a debugger to the Zidoo? Have to Zidoo support team responded? Can you post an update to help a remote techy have a go at doing a few mods.

Thx

3. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

have you installed the drivers needed ? you should find them on the forum

4. Paul Craton

Paul Craton New Member

Can you point me to them please?

I have a bricked machine which is failing to boot any recovery image. When not in recovery mode the device just sits there with the LED showing "boot". I'm sure it is in recovery mode cos I have brushed the firmware on like this previously. The USB stick does not flash when in the other USB ports.

I am looking to use the machines I have here to use as a development platform for android HomeKit now Mstar have released an SDK.

When I currently boot to recovery (with the 2GB FAT32 formatted USB - that I have brush flashed the unit with previously starts - The machine attempts to read from the USB but then appears to freeze. The LED screen is completely lit up and the screen has turned green.

I think I may need to reprogram the machine via uart and am keen to learn more about the process so I can get cracking on my development project. Any ideas where I can find more development docs on that area? Struggling a bit with Google although I've found Google translate in chrome invaluable.

Any ideas where I can find more information about really getting under the hood on these machines?

5. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  6. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

7. Paul Collins

Paul Collins Member

Dude you know the port number is very relevant when you try to reflash. Turn power off, put Mstarupgrade.bin with no other files or folders,on an empty usb 2.0 fat32 stick in a usb2.0 port (cant remember the port number), hold in reset button with a pin, power on , keep pin held in, until the magic happens, and a progress bar appears, telling you the flashing process is working.

If that does not work, you goosed.

8. Paul Collins

Paul Collins Member

Btw , I scoured , absolutely scoured the web for custom roms, bootloaders, and I came up with 0.

The X6 can be loaded with a custom rom, the problem with the x9 is the chipset.

9. Paul Collins

Paul Collins Member

Have you by any chance heard of the possibility of Android 5 coming to the X9? Thanks

10. azidahaka

azidahaka Member

BTW what is so special about Android 5?

11. Paul Collins

Paul Collins Member

Proper Usb audio support, plus app compatibility, increase functionality..