LIFE AFTER 2.1.1

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by gridlock, Aug 16, 2020.

1. gridlock

gridlock Member

hi...
    sorry to bother.
    can someone kindly help me out?
    i've saved my x9s from bricking by using spawn_Img post on :
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/how-to-flash-zidoo-x9s-unit.2959/page-5#post-28733

my box is working smoothly, thanks to everyone involved.
    i'm now on 2.1.1 , so WILL I BE ABLE TO UPDATE ONLINE ? , since i can't be using slavensiz method due to my location.
    i tried the ota zip files method but it's always stuck on boot....
    maybe my last option would be to flash the box again with spawn_Img way mentioned above , but with the .img file of 2.1.28 and it's other files.
    unfortunately i searched all over the web for a similar way for 2.1.28 instead of 2.1.1
    i hope someone can help me out.
    god blessings

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
  2. Franconian

Franconian Active Member

I recommend you do a clean factory reinstall of 2.1.1 now since the device is working again. So use just the 2.1.1 img without the other files (You only need those files after a brick, do not use them now) and follow the manual on the fist post step by step. This method is different, because you need to press reset and switch on (instead of only switch on + files).

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/how-to-flash-zidoo-x9s-unit.2959/

After that you should be able to install 2.1.28 or 2.1.40 with USB.

3. gridlock

gridlock Member

thanks bro.... truly appreciate the effort of texting up....

4. gridlock

gridlock Member

5. Franconian

Franconian Active Member

When your X9S is working again (I've read that you already performed the method from Spawn_Img to unbrick it) you should be able to do a normal restore. Why can't you perform it, what is the error exactly? Maybe something went wrong, I would then try to just do it again with the files. Maybe try another USB stick or different USB port.

Anyway, no matter wich method you use to restore your X9S you should be always able to do an OTA update, either online or local with USB.

6. gridlock

gridlock Member

thanks alot Franconian...
    blessings

7. gridlock

gridlock Member

it's truly depressing bro...
    i can't flash using .img with the reset button...
    which left me with using the recovery method by Spawn_Img (without using the reset button) (which uses 2.1.1) and it's other associated files.
    but sadly , after that whenever i wanted to usb-update using the OTA ZIP file with any .zip firmware it gets stuck for hours on boot (static zidoo logo and the word "boot" on panel display....

it means that i have to live with the 2.1.1 from the recovery method of Spawn_Img , but the problem in here is the microstutters in the default video player...
    that's why i was wondering if i can have a 2.1.40 as an .img file to use with Spawn_img method...
    from there , i'm totally fine if i will live with the 2.1.40 forever and with no future online updates or even usb updates....

8. Franconian

Franconian Active Member

I understand that you get the common boot error when trying to OTA update after Spawn_Img recovery method, thats why I suggested you do the standard recovery.

But I do NOT understand why you say "i can't flash using .img with the reset button..." Why can't you do it? What is the error when you try it?

9. gridlock

gridlock Member

what i get when using the reset button method ; a static zidoo image on screen and "Up" on the display panel for hours.... and remains so

10. Franconian

Franconian Active Member

Oh I see, that is a common problem too. Don't know how to solve this.

11. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

Have you try using Spawn method but with firmware you want? To use Spawn method with other firmware:

From the .IMG firmware you chose extract those files from the .IMG and put them on root of USB just like Spawn.

bluecore.audio
    emmc.uImage
    rescue.emmc.dtb
    rescue.root.emmc.cpio.gz_pad.img

12. gridlock

gridlock Member

thank you but there no new update firmwares in .img form (they all come in OTA .zip files)
    and even if there is , how would it be possible to extract those needed files from .img file (i.e the 4 mentioned files and the main .img file) !!!

thanks alot Sarco and i truly appreciate your help

Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
  13. Stefano C

Stefano C Member

A little help for zidoo x9s 2.1.1 bricked owners if you don't want to tryng UART methor (taken from a private massage I made to another owner...actually gridlock himself):

"Hi, I hope your ok (you know...covid sucks and the other stuff.. ). I have something to tell you and I hope it could help you: I have changed tv becaus my old tv has broken..I have taken a LG cx tv..this tv has 120Hz panel and when I connected my zidoo x9s bricked I have noticed that frame skipping has gone... I think the 2.1.1 firmware bug we both have could be "bypassed" when we use a 120Hz tv because of the pulldown (5:5 on LG or 4:4 on Sony tv I know). Even with zidoo x9s connected to my 144Hz monitor I have seen no problems with my box, so I think the pulldown could help. I'm not sure if this can help you, but in case you are going to change your tv I suggest you to take a 120Hz tv because it could help you to solve/ignore this problem..... I hope this reply coul be interesting... I link to you a filtered search from rtings, a good site about tv/review..maybe could help you.. you can add more searching filters if you want..thanks to this site I have found my new tv, it is well done and intreresting https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/table/40179"