A Zidoo X9S on the way come(updated 8/August)

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by freeroc, Jun 2, 2016.

1. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

HAHA, yes , it's awesome!
    When the ssh connected , just as though a new world have come to us.

cyber7 likes this.
  2. papirus

papirus Member

I've got the Zidoo X9S two days ago.

Thanks Zidoo , Thanks Freeroc...

3. papirus

papirus Member

Hello Freeroc,

Here is my first points of review :

- Yesterday, in the first opening weather app had not worked but today it is working. It's strange !

- The devices own media player cannot play x265 video on the link belowi it's too strange. But the same video file has been played smoothly on the KODI. Besides, Zidoo X9 and X6Pro could also play this video . This problem is reallly important. We shouldn't be having problem on this device with x265 videos. This is the most important problem i think.

http://www.h265files.com/

Video Name : Austrian Alps Time-lapse
    5 MB .mkv-File encoded in h265/HEVC ( PROBLEM !!! )

Video Name : Tears of Steele
    101 MB .mkv-File encoded in h265/HEVC ( OK , NO PROBLEM )

- I used M-195 media device with RTD1195 before and it sounds really powerful. But i saw that there's no such a powerful sound on the Zidoo X9S with RD1295 chipset.Why ?

- Although i choose Turkish for subitile , i cannot save it. For this case, while i was searching for it in the device i found Subtitle- Advances - Default Subtitle Lang option. But the situation didn't change when i select tr- TR. Why the language option is Auto always ? In short speaking, what the "Auto" option works for ?

- The subtitles are on too high on the screen. They should be nearer to bottom of the screen. You can consider the measures of KODI for it. On the devices own media player, the subtitles are near the middle of the screen and they're not useful. It was not like that on Zidoo X9 and X6Pro.

- On the devices own media player, when you start a video, on the VFD screen in front of the device, a counter appears which shows 12.00. And it counts the minutes from 12.00. Why it's not counting from 00.00 ?

- While screening from the devices own media player, Zidoo RC is not working properly. I take a screenshot but only the writings on the screen are visible. But the scene is not visible. While taking screenshots on the KODI there's no problem. There's an uncomformity between Zidoo RC and the device's media player.

I'll continue as i discover the device as, regards...

4. spring

spring Guest

Hi;
    I download the H265 file, and it plays well, you can check the pictrue.
    what mean of "no such powerful sound"?the sound clip? or other problem?
    the subtitle "Auto"--it will choice language depend by "system language"/"the subtitle has the force sub"/"the movie main language". and the Turkish subtitle, we will change it.
    the subtitle position we will change it.
    the VFD, if you did not play the video, it will show the system time, if you play the video with the nativeplayer, it will show the moive playing time。
    IMG_0442.JPG

5. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

Hi guys,
    Thanks for some feedbacks and hard work of my colleagues.
    Here are we done, and they will be represented in the second version, probably be released today.

Fixed:
    1,Some 4k vp9 videos show no picture when playback.
    2,ANR problem occasionally happens when playback.
    3,Connection failed when there are special characters in SSID of WIFI.
    4,TV get no signal when deep color switched to 12bit.
    5,Time of chapters are inaccuracy in some BD movies.
    6,Picture flutter when there are some special video signals in HDMI IN stream.
    7,Low probability of ANR problem when recording via HDMI in.
    Optimize:
    1,Compatibility of HDR movie improved
    2,Native player optimized .
    3,Weather app optimized.
    4,Filemanager optimized.

Lony likes this.
  6. papirus

papirus Member

Hello Spring ,

You can check the pictrue.

Austrian Alps Time-lapse

( The Devices Own Media Player = PROBLEM ??? )

Austrian Alps Time-lapse ( PROBLEM ).jpg

Tears of Steele

( The Devices Own Media Player = OK / NO PROBLEM )

Tears of Steele ( NO PROBLEM ).jpg

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
  7. spring

spring Guest

Hi:
    i use this video test ok, look this pictrue.
    could you tell which display device do you use? 4k tv or PJ?
    which resolution do you set?
    do you have change any system setting?
    IMG_0444.JPG

8. papirus

papirus Member

TV : Pıoneer KURO 4280XA - HD Ready Plazma ( 720p )

But if there would be a connection between the TV panel and problem , how could i open this video with the previous Zidoo devices ?

Perhaps i should change some other setting in the Zidoo X9S ?

9. lars42

lars42 New Member

Any benchmarks tests?like antutu etc

10. xenon

xenon New Member

11. lars42

lars42 New Member

Thanks xenon.now i just wait for my device and see how it performs.these benchmarks was not good at all.

12. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

atmos and dtsx passthrough

Attached Files:

lars42 likes this.
  13. Lony

Lony Active Member

In ZDMC or nativ Player , thanks

14. Movie78

Movie78 Member Beta test group

Same question.

15. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

Atmos and DTS X are only layer on DD or DTS, if passthrue work I do not see why it will not work in any player. The extra channels are "hide" in low data stream so if real passthrue is achieve the receiver should decode the extra channels.

16. davpel

davpel New Member

Am I the only customer Geekbuying hasn't shipped to yet? Because it certainly feels like it!

17. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

The only units ship were for beta tester, if you go to geekbuying page you will see the next unit will be ship in few hours, but on amazon they advertise shipping for september 16 by zidoo store so maybe geekbuying will do so...

18. Lony

Lony Active Member

Sorry that is not the question, the question is, plays correct in ZDMC with HW Accelation or plays correct with nativ Player (RTKPlayer) When you activated passthrough or RAW or Bitstream, the Systemplayers musst not plays this.

Maybe we get an info for this question.

19. tienlequoc

tienlequoc Member

DTS-X and Atmos passthrough ok via both Native player and ZDMC (default player)

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
    Lony likes this.
  20. Lony

Lony Active Member

Thank you @tienlequoc :D