ZIDOO Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Aug 4, 2020.

1. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Hopefully my Z10 Pro may have this pre installed when shipped . :)

H.T.v 3.5o ? Update added .

2. DELUCAS

Shame :(

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Updates fine from the OTA version here, although there is a USB version too.

Wonder if that explains why you haven't had v2.0.17_G via OTA?

This has cleared huge number of issues from my bugsheet - there's one biggie left and a couple of fixes that have broken something else.

Massive step forward.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
    DELUCAS likes this.
  4. Markswift2003

Not yet you don't, but it's not far off...

v3.0.50

5. DELUCAS

i wonder what it adds in H.T. v3.5 update ?

Is that box [ ] in the name look gone ?

6. Markswift2003

Latest version is 3.0.50 not 3.50 and as far as I can see, no material changes.

7. Markswift2003

Just have to bear in mind that this version has been leaked and does not contain Google Play Store.

I'd expect an official update this week.

8. DELUCAS

doing short hand version on mobile ..... :)

9 Days and counting for mine . :)

9. Markswift2003

10. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Wonder if I ever get it updated at all?

11. Markswift2003

It's really weird you didn't get the Google Play Store upgrade.

Mine did it the first time I switched it on - I wonder if the OTA updates are tied to MAC address like the HT updates were in the early days and they missed your MAC address? I doubt it because it's more trouble than it's worth, but just a thought.

Have you emailed (is it David you're dealing with?) to ask about it?

12. Nice Monkey

My MAC is in the database of Zidoo and they tried several times.
    I might need an emergency ROM image to get it going as it should?

13. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

I've the image on my page. It has been posted by ZIDOO News this morning.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
  14. Markswift2003

Check PM

15. Nice Monkey

Thanks Mark. :p

That one did the trick but still no Google Store.
    But my TV is stable now with HDR on AUTO so can really enjoy it now as also Auto-Resolution is added again.

Nice screensaver included by the way (Google Daydream). Google Clock can also be set as the application to be used instead under Advanced Settings.

Did not find any real updates with Music Player 6 yet, but will look a bit more. Still problems with SACD ISO playback (Music Player 6 aborts spontaneously after playing 2 songs)

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
    Markswift2003 likes this.
  16. McBluna

Would you recommend to buy a Z9X yet or should I wait? Actually I'm still happy with my Z9S. I've got a Samsung QLED a month ago as birthday present from my lovely wife and it doesn't support Dolby Vision anyway. I'm still enjoying HDR :). Never had it before.

17. Nice Monkey

The question if it is worth an upgrade is always a difficult one. But for sure it has new goodies and initial problems are disappearing fast enough.
    Coming from an X9S I would say yes but with a Z9S? VS10 features we still need to see what it exactly will bring and could be valid reason for some.

If it is safe to go for the new models starting with a Zidoo first time I would say yes. No reason to get the previous model really. The bit extra money is well invested.

18. DELUCAS

One thing that hopefully will cure is 4K Movies viewing on a 1080p Screen the muted colours and brightness should be resolved with this new chipset .

That be worth an upgade if you have not a 4K screen etc

19. fatman

fatman New Member

Hi there, I just got the Z9X, and I still cannot figure out how to install the Google Play Store. Can anyone give me some insight on it? Btw, can it be installed with the new firmware?

20. McBluna