Z1000 PRO

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Aug 4, 2020.

1. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

2FB6A9BF-ACBB-4A11-98AB-47DBCB53046F.jpeg .

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
    gymnos likes this.
  2. DELUCAS

Reserved :

3. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Tried to get someone to speak in "simple language" to answer my question below. Nothing so far in the Wow Zidoo Z9X forum and since these models have been split up into their respective new forums, I thought I'd try again here and be the first poster :)

Ok so I have an Egreat A11 network media player, which I've always been happy with. In the last few weeks though I have replaced my Samsung 65KS9500 with another Samsung - an 8K QE75Q950R and now my attention is focused on HDR10+ playback. My Egreat only does HDR10. I appreciate the difference will not be enormous, but I want to find out what difference. These players are advertised with HDR10+ output. I've read though that the VS10 engine is optimised for Dolby Vision, which samsungs don't do (yet?). So I would like to know that if the video playing back has embedded DV encoded, will these players output HDR10+ for Samsung sets? Or will the ouptut default to vanilla HDR10. And will this be better than the HDR10 output I'm getting right now?

If the output will not be significantly better, then I may not bother unless these players bring a lot more to the table. Should this be the case, can somebody tell me what they do bring please? I'm in the 90% of people who are interested in a very good Media Player with my output files stored on one of my 3 NAS's. My TV does native Netflix/Amazon so I do believe I'm getting HDR10+ when streaming. Hunters looks fabulous on Prime but how will it look on a 4K UHD HDR10+ Bluray with HD sound? That is my holy grail right now.

I am ready to pull the trigger on this unit and place a preorder so hoping someone can help me please.

4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

You need to wait for this level of detail what VS10 can finally bring. Deploying its features is just starting.

For now it does not work at all with my TV as AUTO is unstable for me, but that should be solved soon.

Obviously it is the same for all RTD1618DR models.

5. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Thank you for your rather "basic" response. I had expected more. There seems so much "excitment" on the new forums, particularly about the Z9X - why if basic questions cannot be answered? What are people hoping for and given these models are much newer than my Egreat, surely you could offer something more meaningful? I did ask about the VS10 engine - if you cannot confirm right now, please indicate what is hoped for particularly for HDR10+ output.

I've also been tipped off about the "Samsung Issue" in that certain sets do not display "HDR" properly - this is apparent on a number of Zidoo players when linked to a Samsung display. My Samsung is a 2019 model and daresay nobody has tested this model yet with a Zidoo? But given how long this issue has been hanging around, I'm surprised Zidoo have not provided a fix already. Egreat's support is now pityful if not non-existent but Zidoo has been championed on here by several people - why if these basic things cannot be sorted?

So if these basic questions cannot be answered then I'm out. As stated I'm looking to get HDR10+ which my Egreat A11 doesn't provide - is this a lot to ask?

6. Nice Monkey

Selecting AUTO everything your TV can do will be reproduced with the matching Video. So HDR10+ will work with an HDR10+ capable TV.
    Being backward compatible HDR10+ will produce HDR10 on a TV being just HDR10 capable. Nothing to do with VS10 capabilities.

I do like the picture quality of the Z9X but it is too early to test things till the EDID problem is solved.

7. gymnos

gymnos Member

What about gapless playback for Music Player?

8. DELUCAS

Thats being released for the High End Devices .

9. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

How are you defining "High End Devices" then - the UHD2000 with the older chipset? This model is the top end for the new one isn't it?

10. gymnos

gymnos Member

My old Dune HD Smart D1 does it without any problem...

I hope this time Zidoo includes the BT remote and a less noisy fan.

rozel likes this.
  11. DELUCAS

That be down to Zidoo themselves what model gets it .
    Deff the upcoming Zidoo X will get it .

and id imagine the models just below etc .
    Who knows the Z10 pro ? will have to wait and see or maybe all the new Z series of 2020 .........

12. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

This is all very confusing - can someone list ALL the players from the lowest to the highest specced models please?

13. Nice Monkey

High End is recognized by using the fancy Black GUI instantaneously I think. There will be a replacement for UHD2000 for sure.
    But only players with HiFi Audio panels are getting CD-Ripper and it could be gapless is meant for those players only too?

Z1000 PRO in contrary to Z1000 is High End and has the BT remote plus Black GUI now. It also kept the internal earthed 5A 12V PSU and internal antennas so indeed pretty high end regarding HW.
    Z9X, Z10 Pro and Z1000 Pro all share the same motherboard though like their predecessors did too.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
    gymnos likes this.
  14. Nice Monkey

https://www.zidoo.de/
    All which are for sale now. X20 seems to have been dropped.

15. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

And define players with HiFi Audio panels? Sheesh it's like pulling hen's teeth asking anything simple without getting more 3LA and terms which us common mortals don't understand without having to Google!

16. Nice Monkey

X20 PRO and UHD2000 have Audio Panels with HiFi analog output recognized easily by the big XLR connectors next to RCA at their back.
    Next with HiFi Panels will be Zidoo X and very probably even further down the line a UHD2000 PRO (or similar label).

All HiFi boxes meant for those wanting top quality Stereo Audio next to Video with Audio via HDMI.
    Still confused but at a much higher level? :D

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
    DELUCAS likes this.
  17. DELUCAS

If we new all the Answers we would be working for ZIDOO and getting paid to be on these forums answering questions to the ninth degree .

myzidoo likes this.
  18. DELUCAS

All HiFi boxes meant for those wanting top quality Stereo Audio next to Video with Audio via HDMI.
    Still confused but at a much higher level? :D[/QUOTE]

Funny :)

19. gymnos

gymnos Member

The specs from Zidoo official site show just 1.3A for the PSU, I think it must be a mistake...

o_O

20. Nice Monkey

It is 1.3A peak at 220V side. Useless information. Read somewhere in fact it is 12V 5A and obviously earthed which is very nice.
    I will ask them to specify it specifically.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
    gymnos likes this.