ZIDOO Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Aug 4, 2020.

1. vadergr

vadergr Member

I can't wait for Zidoo to introduce EDID profiles for the VS10 engine.
    It will make more sense.

2. Vincze Tamás

Vincze Tamás New Member

Profile 6 ts file (SL DV) supported?
    MakeMKV creates a profile 6 from DL DV in SL DV format.

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I've tested a few Profile 4, 5 and 7 MP4 rips (obviously Profile 4 & 7 only play base layer) and they work fine.

Oddly, Dolby's own test files do not work - just says "Unable to Play File"

https://developer.dolby.com/tools-media/sample-media/video-streams/dolby-vision-streams/

gymnos and vadergr like this.
  4. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

5. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Where do you guys get v6.0.17_G from? Mine is missing the G.
    No it is not coming automatically. Also did a factory reset for a clean restart.

Others have also problems with ZDMC locking up at first run?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  6. Markswift2003

Profile 5 doesn't have an enhancement layer, that's the point of it. It's a simple single layer 10-bit HEVC stream and outputs with a static St.2084 gamma curve dependent on the monitor's characteristics - or in my case, the EDID I set.

7. Markswift2003

Mine did an auto update, but another of the guys I'm working with didn't get it either - I think it may have been pulled from the server.

I don't think this box supports ZDMC. It was deprecated with the release of HT.

8. Nice Monkey

Maybe using the famous auto update list for HT3 (was not on that one)?
    Zidoo asked me to try the factory reset for ZDMC so I think it should still be working as-is. ZDMC development stopped for sure.

9. mattmarsden

Also I presume with VS10 the HDR10+ dynamic metadata is processed and converted to standard HDR?

10. Markswift2003

HDR10+ is already HDR10 compliant so if you play HDR10+ content on an HDR10 monitor, even through the VS10 engine, it just uses the static HDR SEI message already present in the stream.

11. Nice Monkey

A lot about VS10 will become available/known over time. It has high potential but is also fairly complex. I do expect a range of options to choose from, but we will have to wait as it will be added gradually.

Now for Music Player which got updated to v5.7.8:
    - Yes there are quite a few good changes in this one. Settings is getting extended and scraping starts to look functional (tried the local scan).
    - The missing choice for plain "Play List" was added next to the cycle and shuffle options. This setting is "sticky" so it is kept when stopping playback.
    - Hey SACD MCH ISO playback now plays without distortions.
    Apparently the bigger CPU did the trick to keep up with the load imposed. But I was happy too quick as now ISO playback stops (actually the MP5 player APP aborts) after playing just 2 songs. This happens with 2CH and 2CH+MCH ISO's.
    - DTS-CD occasionally playback plays (with correct CUE sheet info) but the screen is not updated in anyway. Progress bar also stays at "0". Can't reproduce this on demand though (yet).

More to follow.

gymnos likes this.
  12. vadergr

vadergr Member

As of now, Zidoo's instructions are the following:

For SDR Displays:

• Quick Setting> Display>HDR> VS10 Engine
    For HDR Displays (no DV):

1. For HDR source: Quick Setting> Display>HDR> Auto
    2. For SDR or Dolby Vision source: Quick Setting> Display>HDR> VS10 Engine
    For Dolby Vision Displays:

1. For SDR or single Dolby Vision source: Quick Setting> Display>HDR>LLDV
    2. For HDR or Dolby Vision source: Quick Setting> Display>HDR>Auto

Reza-D, gymnos, xskip and 1 other person like this.
  13. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Is this to up and down convert all content to SDR, HDR and DV?

We probably need something like auto resolution and refresh rate setting. Follow source material and output accordingly up to maximum capability of the display device.

14. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

I think it's a little complicated
    We need a proper function (something like 'AUTO') to work properly!

15. vadergr

vadergr Member

My understanding is that Zidoo is working towards that ;)

16. mattmarsden

I thought VS10 was meant to enhance HDR10 as well so why would you not select VS10 with HDR?

17. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

Why zidoo choose to have android 9 and not Android TV OS?
    Very sad for that....:(

18. vadergr

vadergr Member

You must set the HDCP setting to 2.2 in order to get Netflix up to 4K.
    Learned my lesson the hard way

gymnos, xskip and leonkoum like this.
  19. Nice Monkey

Somebody explained to me that when using Android TV no changes may be made to the code. Just allowing running APPs on top of it.
    I think Realtek SDK comes with OS changes. Dune has its own independent part called like any Android APP and remains invisible to Android TV.

There are pros and cons to each. But I dearly miss Android TV too.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    vadergr likes this.
  20. mattmarsden

Does the Z9X read the stereoscopic flag in a MVC 3D mkv file so that it can flip eyes to right eye first if necessary?