Wow~,that's it!! ZIDOO Z9X based on RTD1619DR

Discussion in 'NEWS&Activities' started by mirror, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I get HD (most) and HDR on some movies. As it is now always upscaling to HDR and 4K too it is difficult to see what it really does.
    For the time being I am moving back to my Z9S till some fixes become available.

2. Nice Monkey

Not working at the moment as far as I can see. As said before backed out.
    The Control Center webpage does work. So does Zidoo Controller

3. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

I agree..
    Its time now to have a new threat

DELUCAS likes this.
  4. sadrettin

sadrettin New Member

What is your reason to return z9s

5. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

About "blinking screen". HDMI range dont switch to 16-235,just switch auto.We're fixing this bug.
    As for seamless music playback, it only appears on high-end models

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  6. Nice Monkey

I am not returning it, just using temporary the Z9S again to watch movies.
    Sure these things get solved quickly, don't worry. Some problems are common with day zero shipments.
    A new topic will be opened by an administrator for tracking the progress and reporting early findings.

When distributors start shipping most should be solved already. ;)

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  7. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Teething issues aside given the early shipments of the Z9X, could I bump the above for a response please?

Thanks

8. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

New Z 1619rtd Series Threads are up now . :)

9. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Where is the Thread for the Z1000 PRO?

10. sadrettin

sadrettin New Member

ok:)

11. Good morning,
    sorry for the inconvenience, for those who are testing Z6x, it would be kind enough to give me an idea of the Audio / Video performance .... (which I know, compared to the Z9s for example) ......

I ask you why, ok, browse the disc menus to use kody, have an excellent HT3, but these are things that for me are secondary to all the video quality and the audio quality ...

If you haven't been able to make a comparison yet, I'll wait when someone can do it.

Wishing you a good weekend. cordially, Andrea.

12. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

You would be better to ask such questions on the thread http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/zidoo-z9x.80006/ which is an ongoing discussion about the Z9X.

I had a Z9S and now have a Z9X. Both have excellent PQ and pass through all audio. I didn't do a comparison but I can say its as least as good good.

andreamusso.am likes this.
  13. james1961

james1961 New Member

Good Morning .

are you sure this player Zidoo Z9x reads dolby vision ?????

can someone post a frame of a film with the dolby vision logo ???

I have the player M9702 "chinoppo" clone of the Oppo UDP203 that reads the real dolby vision
    very well,

I don't understand why here with Zidoo Z9X call dolby visionVS10 .

here I place the photos of my chinoppo M9702 below with the photo of my tv that reads the film "
    Aquaman" in real dolby vision

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
  14. VANLUC

VANLUC New Member

Me neither, I do not understand anything any more concerning the reading "Dolby Vision" on the Z9X !!!

15. Ralph Galli

Ralph Galli New Member

Has anyone had any record problems with the Z9X? For instance, skipping frames while sound and sync are fine. Or not being able to set a timed recording.

16. myzidoo

myzidoo Active Member Beta test group

This M9702 is in fact an "not really legal" player which is distributed by Rong who "was" famous for hacking oppo firmwares. It is based on oppo motherboards. Now that oppo abandoned the player business he can sell these players with little risk of being busted by oppo. If oppo would still produce and sell their players they would have proceeded legally against it already.

There is no posterwall but of course all "normally" and heavy licenced tech is on board: you have DSD bitstreaming over HDMI, full DV implementation and such cool things. The iso support of the M9702 is only because these units are sold with the "special" firmware of Rong (bd-mod.com)

So these player are always refered to as a reference regarding dolby vision issues with ZIDOO. Dolby vision is licenced it will be really difficult for ZIDOO to have a full licenced model. I find curageous what Zidoo tries to achieve with the VS10 implementation....

If this is what we want and (if ZIDOO would apply for and RECEIVE autorisation to implement it) then we will have a ZIDOO, even more expensive, without iso support, with limited streaming and format abilities. With a closed OS (not rootable) no KODI and other funky softwares....and the more people will find alternatives to root it and the sooner Zidoo will have licencing violation issues.

I would certainly be willing to pay for a full licenced zidoo player with iso support and posterwall if it only existed...it would be the only alternative to a full legit network system (kaleidescape).

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  17. Ralph Galli

Ralph Galli New Member

I own a Z9X and I would like to know if you tried the HDMI in record section?
    When recording a video and sound, I get skipping video frames on playback.
    And for some reason when setting a timer recording, it will not record at the time and date I set. It just does not continue to record the video.
    Thanks

18. Horváth Árpád

Horváth Árpád New Member

Van egy svs sb4000 alcsoportom, és a zidoo távoli összeomlik az almezőben, és azt is ellenőrzi, :(hogy a fejlesztők tudnak-e erről a problémáról? Mivel lehetetlen mindkét eszközt egyszerre használni.

19. Horváth Árpád

Horváth Árpád New Member

I have an svs sb4000 sub and the zidoo remote crashes into the sub box and also controls it :( do developers know about this problem? Because it is impossible to use both devices at the same time.