Home Theatre Update

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Markswift2003, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Just enjoy it and play with them to find out yourself. The best way to do it.

2. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Media center - is badly named and is really a file manager.
    Home Theatre is Zidoos Movie\TV scraper.
    Apps - are where you will find the apps that are installed. I haven't added any new apps as this player is great as a media player but not great for using Android apps. For streaming such as Netflix - use another box.

Firstly update to latest firmware! This will sort out issues and give you Home Theater v3.

You can find the latest official release here

https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/downloadList/target/2INlOr7QH+1KKmVViAFMcQ==.html

Zidoo are not very good at pushing out firmwares so it is a bit of a manual process. Download the file and either copy the file (don't unzip it) to a USB stick or to attached storage such as a NAS. From main screen click on 'About' and 'Update'. From here you have choice of 'Online Update' or 'USB Update'. Try online first. If that does not work use 'USB update'. This will allow you to use either USB stick or browse to attached storage.

Zidoo do have some user guides. I don't know how good they are as not used them - but worth a go! Good luck.

https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/support.html

3. chinkw1

chinkw1 Member

Many thanks blenky.

When i select a movie in Media Center, it prompt either Play Movie or Play with bluray menu.

Apparently, both are different players.
    1st is called Movie Player, whereas the
    2nd is call Bluray Navigator.

Both can play bluray folder or iso file perfectly.

4. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

The core hardware player is the same. Graphic interface is different. Movie player has few more features like decoder info, audio offset adjustment and others. Bluray navigator player interface is optimized for BluRay playback.

5. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Bluray folder and ISO will play fine. However the Zidoo does have some issues with full bluray menu playback. Most play OK but some won't start. For those you need to play direct without menu and it should play main movie OK.

6. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

Without menu is a pain eg for a TV Show Blu Ray if the episodes are not in the correct order.

7. chinkw1

chinkw1 Member

Hi Blenky,
    I m downloading the latest firmware for my Z9s, Zidoo site is EXTREMELY SLOOOOW, & keep failing. :(

DL speed = 23KB/s

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
  8. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

JS_racer likes this.
  9. chinkw1

chinkw1 Member

10. chinkw1

chinkw1 Member

Latest FW, even Home Theatre also upgrade to 3.0.

Its beautiful GUI.

11. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Glad you got there! Yes HT3 is great.

chinkw1 likes this.
  12. chinkw1

chinkw1 Member

In HT3, we can choose whether to play bd direct, or play its bluray menu.

Excellent.

13. chinkw1

chinkw1 Member

Just realised, after update new fw, my google play store cannot function.

What shall i do?

14. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Go to APP's. find GAPP's installer and click on it to re-install. Next reboot.

chinkw1 likes this.
  15. chinkw1

chinkw1 Member

Z9s got 2 usb3.
    If i connect 2 external hdd each to one of d usb3, can i copy files/folders from one hdd to the other hdd pls?

16. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Yes, you can select multiple files and copy at once using Media Browser app.

17. chinkw1

chinkw1 Member

IMG_20200709_003854.jpg
    Wow, thanks bro.
    Ya, i recalled there is a browser apps at home screen.

Wow, it can perform like a computer to copy files, excellent.

18. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

No, the one on the left called "Media Center" with file folder icon is the the Zidoo file explorer.

chinkw1 likes this.
  19. chinkw1

chinkw1 Member

Thanks bro.
    But will the copying speed same as copy with computer pls?

20. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I haven’t tried USB to USB large files on Zidoo. It should be the same or pretty close compared to good computer. Gigabit LAN to USB drive on Zidoo is steady over 100 Megabytes per second.

chinkw1 likes this.