Home Theatre Update

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Markswift2003, Mar 21, 2020.

1. dapro

dapro Member

I do that, I've read a few times, but I'm still a bit of a novice on the subject

2. dapro

dapro Member

can you also specify the aspect ratio? I didn't find anything in the forum? For example: 2.40: 1, 1.85: 1. etc. thanks

3. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Channel labels with Atmos/DTS-X normally go like 5.1.2 or 5.1.4 with the last position indicating the number of high channels.

Changed my setup back from 5.1.2 to 7.1 recently.

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

There is a very specific and bizarre bug with aspect ratio badges at the moment which is why I haven't included them in the pdf.

Single badges are available for 4:3, 16:9 only, but with no way to activate them.

Combination badges are available for 2.20 and 2.35 only, but can only be used in conjunction with multi-channel audio codecs, so they appear within the audio codec badge in the same way that speaker configuration does.

In other words, if you name a file <fileName>.2.35.<ext> you won't see any difference but if you name it <fileName>.dts.2.35.<ext> you'll see:

dts 2.35.jpg

As I said, very bizarre!

6. Markswift2003

Height channels are not included in the schema unfortunately, so if you use say, <fileName>.dts-x.7.1.4.<ext> you'll still only see "7.1" in the audio badge.

7. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

How about a Dolby Vision Badge ;)

8. ElvisC

ElvisC Member

I wanted to install HT 3.0.45 since I have 3.0.40 but the packages installer did not show the APK in the list
    I installed the latest FW just before that using the same USB stick (FAT32)

Any Ideas?

9. Markswift2003

Just download from here, unzip to a USB stick or a network location and install:

https://mega.nz/file/lC4RHK4Y#fWh7tPZ5LoBhQ2DuyM00qdLdv0cjp4Zw7Xupgm9ZWS0

The apk installer doesn't do anything clever, it still needs a source.

To be fair, 3.0.45 is functionally the same as 3.0.40, so you'll not gain anything.

10. ElvisC

ElvisC Member

This is what I did, but it did not show when opening packages installer
    I will try again
    Thanks

11. Markswift2003

Don't bother with the package installer, just run the apk directly - navigate to where the apk is (USB/Network location), highlight it and press <ok>.

12. catorcio

catorcio Member

Because in Home Theater even if you put the check on Italian it is not translated, everything is written in English.

13. Zwanzig

Zwanzig Member

Recently, I've been trying to best scan movies using NFO created in Tiny Media Manager to keep KODI compliant.
    It goes quite well. There are still a few problems to solve. When I finish - I will try to describe my insights on the forum.
    By the way, I came across how to load something like this into HT3:

Attached Files:

maggiesfan, zarathoestra and Osmar like this.
  14. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Ugh... yes... changing the directory location results in the a lot of the backdrops and logos and some posters not being shown. No matter what I try to do (including your suggestions) to get everything to scan and save again... At least all the poster wall images are there now.... but the weird thing is that if I try rematching the title, it doesn't work. The backdrops and logos still don't appear, but if I choose the option to change images, they come up and the original ones have a "saved" or hdd logo on the upper corner of the image. After selecting those or another one, everything is fine. So, the images are already stored, but just will not all display nicely after the directory switchover. Very odd... but not the end of the world... as in some cases, I am finding preferred images to use instead of the default ones!

15. Markswift2003

There's definitely something funky going on with the way the database handles images - I flagged it to @mirror a while ago and they're looking into it.

Osmar likes this.
  16. ElvisC

ElvisC Member

Thanks!
    That did the trick!

Markswift2003 likes this.
  17. ElvisC

ElvisC Member

I have problem of unmatched files - TV shows
    It is on "Penny Dreadful City of Angels"
    For some reason episodes 7 to 9 are not being matched

I tried to do it manually (finding the series by name), but it is not being saved even after it correctly identify the episode number.
    ex: Penny.Dreadful.City.of.Angels.S01E07.Maria.and.the.Beast.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-NTG.mkv

How can I do it?

18. Markswift2003

As with any media player or library, you need to do a little bit of house keeping first.

Remember, this is a simple parsing algo in the software, so the more crap you throw at it, the less likely it is to come up with a correct match.

So just rename files like this:

<programName> - S<xx>E<xx>.<ext>

So in this example, the filename would be:

Penny Dreadful City of Angels - S01E07.mkv

And that works.

ElvisC likes this.
  19. KoddyLoo

KoddyLoo New Member

The equipment must be of high quality so we only buy purchases in a reliable store. The last item was Pesumasinad was not selected for a long time, since the characteristics of almost every model are the same. There is a long guarantee and a loan, many conditions.

20. chinkw1

chinkw1 Member

Hi,
    I just bought Zidoo Z9s.

At Home screen, whats the difference between Media Center vs. Home Theatre 2.0?

And whats the Apps for this Media Cemter pls?

I attached image below.
    Thanks bro.. :)

Attached Files: