Turn off Subtitles

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by darqman, May 27, 2020.

1. darqman

darqman Member

I have Default Subtitles turned off in Quick Settings. I have some DVD's that when I play them they still display subtitles. Even if I open the menu and turn them off while it's playing, as soon as the menu goes away they turn on again. How can I turn subtitles off for good?

Thanks.

2. darqman

darqman Member

I installed 2.3.30 in hopes I could turn subtitles off on certain DVD's and they still insist on showing. Isn't there a config file or something somewhere that will tell the player to not show subtitles ever? Anyone? The same titles play correctly on a competitor's box.

3. JohnG

JohnG Member

I'm experiencing exactly the same problem, but it isn't with every title. So far I have no found a commonality.

4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

There are multiple inconveniences with playback of DVD. I don't feel this has much priority.

Specific other DVD playback related inconveniences:
    - DVD's are always played with DVD Menu processing if present (many rips stripped them). This in fact makes the next inconveniences worse as they can't be bypassed skipping the menu.
    - The DVD may be difficult to control settings with some Menu's as the color overlays for the setting fields may be shifted vertically (sometimes a lot or even gotten invisible).
    - If may be impossible to control the settings using a Zidoo BT remote as the cursor does not react on the cursor movements (it seems it uses other codes than the old simple IR is doing).
    - Using/jumping chapters does not work using the remote control.

I call them inconveniences as the actual viewing still works and it has been always like this.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
  5. darqman

darqman Member

Yeah, and in my support ticket they insist on saying that the subtitles are embedded in the video and can't be turned off. Well, my Dune-HD Realbox will turn them off so how is it impossible?

Anyone want to buy a Z9S, I have one for sale.