Updated Preview: "Zidoo X" 4K UHD Hi End Media Player

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by Nice Monkey, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Acne

Acne New Member

i really hope you are wrong and I’m thinking you are hoping this as well :)

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Removed the speculation about the next RTD1619 model as this is now evident being the new Z9X model. Wrong guess by me but the Dune player releases may have changed the Zidoo strategy?
    Also removed my speculation about the ISO + Android 9 potential conflict as apparently it is supported looking at the Dune recent specifications.

Last edited: May 2, 2020
  3. Acne

Acne New Member

Is the player out in the market by now? Are there any new infos, especially about Dual Layer Dolby Vision? Can you even buy this thing by now?

4. Nice Monkey

No, No, No

Acne likes this.
  5. Acne

Acne New Member

Any Date out there?

6. Nice Monkey

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
  7. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Circa £ 1.781 Wowwww ! !

Without more inf : the price manufactures have to pay for the Dolby Vision license for small as such firms .

ill wait for the stripped down version of the X10x later in August / Sept

8. karipu

karipu Member

Way too expensive!

9. zarathoestra

zarathoestra Active Member

The stripped one probably without the DV support and a lot cheaper i suppose otherwise with a economy in crisis it could be game over.

10. DELUCAS

Economy in crisis dont help but very slowly should bounce back .......
    The new Dune got some kinda Dolby Vision playback of sorts ?
    So no reason the New Z series should have with 1619 chipset .

But as usual will have to wait for more inf to be released in circa August .

11. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

surely a generic price while waiting for the real price :p

we can expect a significant price difference between the Z9X VS the Z9S

strangely futeko.com which is very close to the company zidoo, it has no price yet for this model ...

this web site is cheaper than futeko.com, taxes and delivery are included

thank you

12. DELUCAS

as they say recommended Retail price but once released it would be a hell of a lot cheaper
    Unless early results / tests show this is an Extreamly High End product with Excellent Quality Pic & of course Sound .
    With high end reviews expected ..........?

13. zarathoestra

zarathoestra Active Member

Asian cultures tend to be prideful, and that is their right, but as a small business, turning off a part of your audience to ask for exuberant prices is certainly now economic suicide is no matter how good the product is. But time will tell which way it goes but I will certainly not pay this price for another product that starts from scratch with all the issues that entails.

14. Nice Monkey

Strange anyway how the first indication on price and availability is provided by Zidoo. I presume this site is official?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
  15. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

They're a German distributor only, so at the moment they know as much as anyone else.

Futeko don't know yet, and Zidoo tell me the Z9X release date is uncertain so I presume they're making an educated guess on release date and that price or thereabouts was initially talked about when it was first shown.

16. DELUCAS

I thought price wise in the region of £799- £899 max £999.99 .

will wait and see price annoncement .

17. Nice Monkey

Interesting the Price was withdrawn! :D

18. Markswift2003

Always watching... :D

19. DELUCAS

Is there any reason why the 1619 chipset could not handle 8K playback ?

any reason why a firmware could update it to .
    Or the chipset has already been made and locked up so to speak .

shame as many chipset on the market out now are capable of 8k playback ( what ever they can playback spec wise ) of some sorts .

20. Markswift2003

The Realtek RTD1619 is a 4K SOC only - their 8K solution is the RTD2893, but that's not a full SOC, just a decoder.