Home Theatre Update

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Markswift2003, Mar 21, 2020.

1. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Worth trying. This is a menu from source already scanned. I think it needs to be added before scan when you click on "+ Add Source" in this select source menu.

The one you showing needs the check mark: "Keep database active when drive disconnected"

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yes indeed, very true.

3. Cary Grant

Cary Grant New Member

I have tried Drive only in fact that was the starting position

I was amazed at the 24K number that i derived from adding the info that was shown by HT sources page I still cannot work out how they arrive at such a figure But for example have a complete set of Seinfeld which is close to 9 x 24 episodes plus adding in the extras and then I have most of the Doctor Who episodes the 1963 and the 2005 seasons I can see how it adds up.

Anyway HT seems to hold the info in memory rather than writing to disk.

I note that Zidoo have not elaborated on how the HT database is constructed nor is there any propitiatory or 3rd party database editor out there for users

So If Zidoo could look at this and have more of a "static" page look up for the database this could possible cure the issue

4. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

How would that work for auto updates? Ideally it would be better if a drive could be categorised as TV or Film à la Kodi when added to HT

5. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm stuck with bad habit from Kodi trying to use keyboard with Zidoo but I find it helpful and faster to move around and handy when fixing things with filenames and searches. Scrolling by letter is great but we could go one step further. When pushing letters on the keyboard in sequence, less than 1 second apart focus on poster could go dipper into correct name. For example when I push letter M I'm stil couple of pages away from Mortal. Pushing M - O - R one after another should bring the focus to MOR which would be my Mortal Engines.

There are couple of keys on remote "Menu" and "Task Manager" that I'm really missing on the keyboard. "Home" would be useful on occasion and info button in Zidoo player to complete the set. One of those small wireless media keyboards with touchpad $10 works great but I still need Zidoo remote.

6. Markswift2003

Just a quick and dirty interface example - but, yes, you'd want to define a source as TV or Movies when it's added (but you wouldn't define a drive, that's too restrictive - you define a source, which could be a folder, a share, or indeed a whole drive)

7. Markswift2003

So like this maybe when you Add Source:

[​IMG]

3DBuff likes this.
  8. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Yes I really meant source - just bad terminology

9. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Yes, essentially the same as Kodi (not that I want Ht3 to be another Kodi) where when you define a source you have to assign a category of TV or Movie. Then job done.

10. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

I think HT3.0 has reached a stage. There will be no new functions in a short time.

zarathoestra likes this.
  11. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Just a thought regarding H.T.v3

About Trailers maybe adding alternative Trailers views of Movies like in your Movie collection .

So Here are some Movies choices that are similar to your Movie collection you may like to view with a tick box you can disable .

Just a thought .

12. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

:(

13. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

I think its time now to start watching some Movies now in your collection . :)

zarathoestra and Markswift2003 like this.
  14. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I only have time for trailers ;)

DELUCAS likes this.
  15. Markswift2003

Very good point, well made! I think we all forget to do that sometimes ;)

zarathoestra and DELUCAS like this.
  16. zarathoestra

zarathoestra Active Member

Good point at a certain time you have to stop adding new features and release the firmware otherwise you get messed up up in the story of the forest and the trees;)

Last edited: May 27, 2020
    Osmar likes this.
  17. Osmar

Osmar New Member

O meu HT 3.0 chegou e não sou o Testador Beta.Z10.

Last edited: May 29, 2020
  18. deMARC

deMARC New Member

Is Home Theatre being updated to version 3.0 by ota?
    It has been updated alone on my Z9S.

19. zarathoestra

zarathoestra Active Member

Seems like it also on my x20 pro looks very good excellent even:D:D:cool:

20. skywalker1978

skywalker1978 Member

I put on my Zidoo on...and what a surprise - the new HT 3.0 is there. I will have to get used to is with the new main screeen. Nevertheless the problem with no trailers at all for Poland seems not to be solved. Sad :(