Guide to update OpenWRT from 15.05.1 to 19.07.0 rc-2

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by Thanos, Mar 14, 2020.

1. AbuSarah

AbuSarah Member

I made a mistake in check for zidoo
    Does it make sense there is no technical support. Continuously and automatically improving updates?

I now want an upgrade OpenWRT zidoo x20

2. Thanos

Thanos Member

• Have you tried disk sleep through ZIDOO setup?
    [​IMG]
    For the Z9, I only had a problem with HDD connection, not suspend. But for the Z9, at least in my case version 1.5 worked better than version 2.0
    * I have a Zidoo Z10, I can't confirm it on your Z9. My Z9 unfortunately stopped working after 2 weeks (restart in loop)

• If he wants to try 1.5 instead of version 2.0
    [DOWNLOAD HERE] : update.op18_1.5.signed.zip
    *And if the problem happens, in the OpenWRT settings, click "performace reset".

PS:
    I do not know if your HDD suspend problem may have any effect by leaving it plugged in or ejecting it when performing the upgrade.
    *If you remove the disks and upgrade, or leave the disks plugged in and upgrade. Maybe LOG would tell us more. Especially LOG in functional version and see what function he did to sleep HDDs.
    (But as I say, I don't know if UPGRD with or without HDD has any influence, with Zidoo everything is possible :rolleyes:).

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
  3. Fatih Durmus

Fatih Durmus Member

I upgraded without hdd (unpluged) and I tired sleep off or sleep after no operation for 10 min.
    I will try again openwrt 1,5.

can u try a usb hdd if u have on base 19.07 (with 1 or 2 usd hdd)

thak u for your assist:)

4. Davicom

Davicom Member

Very thanks for your job. Could you check nfs server. I am trying without success to did It working. It seems miss a piece in the kernel. When I did nfs restart I obtain "mount: /proc/fs/nfsd: unknown filesystem type 'nfsd'. rpc.nfsd: Unable to access /proc/fs/nfsd errno 2 (No such file or directory). Please try, as root, 'mount -t nfsd nfsd /proc/fs/nfsd' and then restart rpc.nfsd to correct the problem"

5. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

6. Fatih Durmus

Fatih Durmus Member

hi,
    i installed and it is working good. transmission version is 3.0. thank you. but I have same problem. usb hdds not spin down. always working. (there is no problem original version)

And I think auto mount not working.
    can you try usb hdd?
    Thank you,

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
  7. McBluna

Could you please install hd-idle and try if spin down is working. I'll add it to the next build then.

[​IMG]

8. McBluna

I personally don't use USB HDD. I've attached one and OpenWrt shows it on the Disk Man page. What is the behavior of auto mount?

OpenWrt_-_Disk_Man_1.png
    OpenWrt_-_Disk_Man_2.png

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
  9. Fatih Durmus

Fatih Durmus Member

I couldn't see disks on mount points.

10. Fatih Durmus

Fatih Durmus Member

I installed hd-idle. I will try and I write result.
    Thank you.

Attached Files:

11. McBluna

Could you please try if this settings works for you?

OpenWrt_-_Mount_Points.png

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
  12. Fatih Durmus

Fatih Durmus Member

I set like this. But now I am at work.

Attached Files:

13. Fatih Durmus

Fatih Durmus Member

I checked but hd-idle not working. Usb hdds working fully. And zidoo very hot..

14. Fatih Durmus

Fatih Durmus Member

I turned back original firmware. (OpenWrt Chaos Calmer 15.05.1)
    It is working good. disks goes spindown. but it has transmission version 2.94 and it is blocked by a lot of trackers.
    Can you port transmission 3.0 original firmware? Or how can I do?
    Thank you

15. McBluna

Currently I've only external SSD attached but I surely have a external HDD somewhere and I'll do further tests regarding HDD spin down.

16. Fatih Durmus

Fatih Durmus Member

When I set sleep time 10m on zidoo quick settings menu sata hdd enter spin down after 10m. But usb hdds dont spindown. But I set no sleeptime so usb hdds enter spindown after 10m but sata hdd dont enter spindown. This is for chaos calmer (original firmware).

I try same things your ported openwrt and other friends ported openwrt but it didnt work:(

17. Davicom

Davicom Member

I share my experience with developers of these openwrt version. I tried both 18 and 19.07 on my X10. 19.07 vers the author confirmed to me by email, it is in an embryonic state: samba share through Lan After reboot are unstable, if you set automount of openwrt's samba share on your pc-client it creates a disaster that forces you to reset the shares on openwrt from time to time, and this for a simil Nas service Is Not acceptable. With 18 ver. things were much better: also in this case I can't did nfs share working, but samba shares were ok with auto-mount After pc-client reboot or the same X10. But at the end I turned back to original 15.05 because every reboot created conflict and errors with the data disk and/or USB disk attached. I wrote to McBluma I would trie his version.

18. Mirko87

Mirko87 New Member

19. Mirko87

Mirko87 New Member

20. Mirko87

Mirko87 New Member

it's strange: when I went to enable iTunes server on openwrt, the uhd2000 freezed and web, ssh and remote control stopped working.
    also it is now BRICKED and does not work anymore. :mad::mad::mad:

Any clue on how to unbrick?