Home Theatre Update

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Markswift2003, Mar 21, 2020.

1. zarathoestra

zarathoestra Active Member

There was always a mess up in earlier firmware with Dutch and Polish subs , so they resolved that in there newest firmware seems to do exactly the same in trailers .

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Home Theatre Media Labels/Badges Update (updated again!)

Attached is an up to date and tested list of badges and how they are applied in HT.

There are several that do not work and a couple that have small issues. This is testing with HT3 so those with HT2 might get different results although the labels are the same.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 11, 2020
    xskip and zarathoestra like this.
  3. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity can you change language in Zidoo system to English and check trailers again?
    Trailers appear to work in ZDMC and Kodi from Poland and source is YouTube for all.

4. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

There some badges that come up after playing the movie like 23.976Hz or 1080 if no other suffixes present. 1080 comes up from 1080p suffix as well from what I see.
    I also see Dolby Atmos 7.1 badge from “TrueHD.7.1.Atmos” suffix.

What bothers me the most is that quite often I see 5 badges limit in the row:
    “Ble-Ray Disk”, “4K”, “HDR”, “23.976Hz”, “H.265 HEVC”
    and no room or info about audio even if it is properly written as suffix in the file name. Zidoo should allow for second row of badges and increase the limit to 10.

xskip likes this.
  5. Zwanzig

Zwanzig Member

Of course, I also tried it - but with no result.

6. Markswift2003

We know the file format badge is picked up on scraping from the file extension or folder structure.

The ones that come up after playing are down to mediaInfo being called at that point, and to be fair this is all I do - just let them self populate. These are resolution, 3D or HDR if applicable and frame-rate.

(You can enter resolution and 3D or HDR as suffixes, but not frame rate as far as I know)

So these 4 seem prerequisite since they appear after playback, 3 if the file is not HDR or 3D.

So this leaves one slot remaining for the audio codec.

The wildcard seems to be video codec - you say you have H.265 HEVC showing as a badge? I've never been able to show video codec badges with suffixes despite them being listed by Zidoo.

Under what circumstances does the HEVC badge show for you? Is if from full BD folder rips or ISOs?

The obvious solution to all this is for mediaInfo to be called on scraping, but that doesn't happen unfortunately.

I received a document from Zidoo a while ago detailing all the badges, and each item has several suffixes against them so I'm trying to keep it simple and just provide one that works rather than list all.

For example, for 2K, it lists fhd, 1080, 1080i, 1080p, 1920*1080 as available suffixes, where really, one will do.

Interesting about Atmos.

So atmos or dolby atmos used to work, and they are the only ones documented by Zidoo.

Now, with HT3, atmos doesn't work anymore and dolby atmos shows up as a Dolby Digital 5.1 badge - obviously going from the dolby keyword and ignoring the atmos bit.

However, as you rightly say, truehd.7.1.atmos works as does truehd.atmos and also truehdatmos so I think I need a bit more work on my document..

7. Markswift2003

Just ammended the above pdf file with truehdatmos with thanks to @3DBuff

8. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

This is full folder structure. I'm not sure if this is from filename suffix or after playing of the movie info from codec. I see a lot of them in this order and no room for audio :(

IMG_2413s.png

9. Markswift2003

Right - I use mkv only and have never seen an HEVC, or any other video codec, badge.

So I think they must have been added at scraping because if I add .hevc to my files, nothing happens, but yes, if the badge count was increased to 6 that would solve it and still fit on the template.

10. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I'm not quite sure if 6 is a happy number. What if this was an ISO? It would probably give "ISO" badge at the end and no more room for audio :(

11. Markswift2003

I think the logic needs more work too...

Osmar and 3DBuff like this.
  12. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I looked around my collection to see if anything makes any sense.

One more file prefix "DTS-HD.MA.7.1" generates this badge:
    dts-HD
    High Resolution Audio

It looks like the badges from decoder (media info) populated after few minutes of playing get higher priority and fight for space pushing other badges out from 5 space row. Video codec badges like "h.264" or "h.265" and frame rate "23.976Hz" will appear afer plying of file structure or ISO and force something out if 5 badge spots are taken. ISO badge at the end will also get priority. Audio badges always lose. MKV files seem to be OK.

IMG_2420s.JPG IMG_2422s.png IMG_2423s.JPG IMG_2424s.JPG

Last edited: May 11, 2020
  13. Markswift2003

Yes - it seems that if you add common speaker configs into the suffix after the codec for non object based multichannel codecs, it gets added to the codec badge.

So it works for DTS, DTS-HD, Dolby Digital and Dolby TrueHD. The speaker configs that work are 1.0, 2.0, 2.1, 4.0, 4.1, 5.1, 6.1, 7.1

The DTS-HD badge unfortunately only shows High Resolution audio as you say - ideally this would show Master Audio since that's by far the most prevalent format but if DTS-HD High Resolution is required they should be split to dtshdma and dtshdhr

(the reason I leave the "-" out by the way is that until played, and mediaInfo kicks in, a "-hd" can trigger the 720 badge as well as the DTS-HD badge!! :confused:

(as a bizarre aside, you can also trigger aspect ratios such as 2.20 amd 2.35 in the audio badge, but not 2.39, 2,40 or 1.85 :confused::confused: very odd!)

I've updated the pdf in the post further up (again!) and it's attached here for reference.

Attached Files:

14. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

But when will this HT3 be available? Also I can't find the firmware update page anymore, I currently have the 2.3.15 beta, is this the latest version?
    Thanks

15. Lony

Lony Active Member

Bug in HT3.0.10 with settings German - Switzerland --> no Playing Trailers. Another Bug, when i set preference on nfo --> no Playing Trailer / no found Trailer !

If NFO can be read out, why are the trailers not played? Will the NFO be read in completely?

NFO are created with TMM.

16. Markswift2003

It does look like there are a quite few geolocation issues with trailers.

17. Markswift2003

No definite release date for HT3, but the UHD2000 latest beta includes it so I don't think it will be long.

Latest official public beta for Z9S etc is v2.3.15.

18. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I hope Zidoo is reading those post. A little closure on badges.

I never paid too much attention to badges since it wasn't working well for me. Random badges would come up and the ones I was looking for were missing.

Here is what needs to happen from Zidoo in order to get this under control. Number of slots for badges should be increased to at least 7.
    There should be some order and sequence for this to work. Badges could be in order of:

1. Source file like Blu-Ray, DVD, Web-Dl etc. from file type and file prefix
    2. Resolution 4K, 1080...
    3. Key type 3D, HDR...
    4. Frame Rate 23.976Hz... (after playing of video info from decoder)
    5. Codec Info HEVC h.265, h.264... (after playing of video info from decoder)
    6. Audo info Dolby Atmos 7.1, DTS-HD 7.1... from file prefix
    7. File type ISO, MKV...

At the moment there is room for 5 badges only. Most of the time playing movie in ISO or File Structure will bring media info badges with resolution, fps and codec. This forces audio badge and file type out of the movie page.

Sample screenshots from before playing the movie and after.

IMG_2432sb.JPG IMG_2435sa.JPG

Before and after playing the movie again. Gemini Man UHD is 60fps. HT3 does no offer badge for 59.976Hz and we got room for audio badge ;)

Screenshot_20200511-152250sb.png Screenshot_20200511-160001sa.png

Markswift2003 likes this.
  19. Tony77

Tony77 Member

After I play a file and the badges are updated I can no longer access the movie from poster wall..(I click on it and CRASH!)

It seems like maybe my library database was created in an EARLIER version, and it's not compatible with the newer version? Is that possible? This is on an X9S..

20. Markswift2003

When you say crash, do you mean the box locks up and needs rebooting?

In the early days of testing HT2 I had the odd issue with the database, but it was usually missing posters or fanart that was easily fixed.

I also tested on an X9S and that didn't have any issues either, so although the database remains compatible through HT revisions, it sounds like it's become corrupt in your case.

Do you have a backup?