Zidoo Z9X announced

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Markswift2003, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

What I learned about 3D using Active (Shutter) glasses is that you need perfect eyesight at viewing distance with both eyes. If unpaired even marginally eye strain will be the result in various degrees. That is not so strange after all as eyeview is being flipped constantly. Had myself a pair of cinema glasses made (fixed viewing distance) special for this. Resulted in a view without any problems watching full length movies.

Love to watch 3D in my cinema with my Epson projector, really as spectacular as in a real cinema. Many new movies are still released with 3D. I think it will come back again with TV's some day too. 3D always has been a rollercoaster ride. Some fifties movies are really great in 3D!

Last edited: May 2, 2020
  2. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Note : new Zidoo controller update just released for ios .

3. kfpanda

kfpanda Member

interesting. personally, i would rather have better color and higher refresh rate. those horizontal panning stutters always drive me nut. but if one day, we can have 3d in addition to those 2, im all for it.

4. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

"Panning stutters" are really bad on OLED. I can't take those without frame interpolation motion processing. It's like 2 steps forward and one back on 24 fps - shaking the TV apart ;)

5. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Active glasses operate at 60 Hz only. The best image that I find is using frame interpolation at the highest setting. It regenerates missing frames to allow for even 60 fps per eye. The movie looks like it was filmed at 60 fps with black frame insertion known on Sony devices. Using true 24 fps movie with 60 Hz glasses generates 3:2 pulldown out of sync between left and right eye. 3D motion looks just wrong in this setup.

I find eye strain from Epson projector when going to full blast power to fight dark active glasses. There is some UV light leaking through at that point and constant flickering of active glasses. On the other hand big screen 150" of 3D is truly spectacular :)

We better go back to Z9X. Good news is it has 3D sticker!

6. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Yeah all off-topic but there isn't to say much anymore about Z9X till Zidoo announces it officially. :D

3DBuff and xskip like this.
  7. woody

woody Member

We need 4GB DDR4 RAM and sub £200 pricing.
    Please.

8. xsander

xsander New Member

when do they give us a release date? 2020 or 2021?

9. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

No news yet, but given the new 1619 Dune is supposed to be due in June I'd hope Zidoo would follow suit.

10. xsander

xsander New Member

I think it will be availability this summer but I think I will turn to a Dune HD Pro 4K II which will be available soon and I hope with a future compactible firmware HDR10 + and Dolby Vision

11. xsander

xsander New Member

Hello "Markswift2003", you prefer which machine in terms of image quality between the shield pro 2019 and the z9s?

12. Markswift2003

I use and prefer the Z9S for 4K local playback (UHD BluRay remuxes) - I only use the Shield for online services such as Netflix, Amazon and occasionally YouTube.

As long as the source files are good enough, the image quality of the Z9S is pretty much the same as any high end BluRay player.

13. xsander

xsander New Member

;)The first time I tried the animated drawing hotel transylvania 3 in UHD on the z9s, I was speechless !!! I have a sony upb x700 player, I preferred the z9s!

14. xsander

xsander New Member

have you ever tried to compare with Beelink?

15. Markswift2003

No, I've been through more media players than I care to mention over the years, but since I got the Zidoo I've stopped looking at others - it fulfills my particular requirements perfectly.

16. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Beelink is geared as Kodi media player for streaming services. It includes Netflix 4K player from what I see from reviews. Don’t know if it actually uses its own hardware player or native Kodi player. Network performance as is low, no NAS functionality and Atmos sound is questionable. It is for people looking for Kodi streaming services and IPTV player.

Zidoo is designed as high end media player using your own local library.

You need to define your needs first. Those two are not directly competing players.

17. xsander

xsander New Member

18. kfpanda

kfpanda Member

the sony x700 isnt known for its picture quality. x800 is a much better player.

19. xsander

xsander New Member

yes too bad it does not support Dolby TrueHD (ATMOS) in MKV files

20. Markswift2003

I think that's a requirement of the studios - that's certainly the case with the Panasonics - HD audio is blocked from network playback.