Accessing chapters while playing VIDEO_TS

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by darqman, May 4, 2020.

1. darqman

darqman Member

I can access chapters while playing BDMV folder but playing VIDEO_TS I only have the option for root menu and title menu and the chapter list is not available. Can this be fixed?

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

DVD playback has multiple shortcomings been reported. My overview from FW 2.3.15 (with Title reporting finally fixed)
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...ta-version-for-zidoo-z9s-release.66585/page-2

Specific DVD playback related inconveniences:
    - DVD's are always played with DVD Menu processing if present (many rips stripped them). This in fact makes the next inconveniences worse as they can't be bypassed skipping the menu.
    - The DVD may be difficult to control settings with some Menu's as the color overlays for the setting fields may be shifted vertically (sometimes a lot or even gotten invisible).
    - If may be impossible to control the settings using a Zidoo BT remote as the cursor does not react on the cursor movements (it seems it uses other codes than the standard IR is doing).
    - Using/jumping chapters does not work using the remote control.

I call them inconveniences as the actual viewing still works and it has been always like this.

Last edited: May 4, 2020
  3. darqman

darqman Member

So, whether or not it's ever fixed is unknown I suppose?

4. xsander

xsander New Member

when do they give us a release date? 2020 or 2021?

5. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I doubt it is on the priority list? But after all they fixed the title problem on request. They are reading here for sure. :rolleyes:
    As everything wait and see. More than reporting we can't do. ;)

6. xsander

xsander New Member

yes i also think they read here;)

7. DirkM

DirkM New Member

Same problem and very frustrating, wanting to skip a song on dvd and can't... only the chapter :(