Zidoo Z9X announced

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Markswift2003, Apr 30, 2020.

1. catorcio

catorcio Member

Who has Z9S Z10 must worry, there will be no new firmware?

2. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

it has the same video specs as the zidoo X.

3. OlivierQC

it is the strength of zidoo company to continue to give service on devices like the RTD1295 series for example which are 4 years old, You can rest easy with your Z9S RTD1296

4. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

OF COURSE NOT!!

At least for sort time there will be new fw as well

5. OlivierQC

this device is not yet announced by Zidoo, we will wait for their official photos and to respect their work.

But we have a future best seller as was the X9S at its time

see you

Last edited: May 1, 2020
    Markswift2003 likes this.
  6. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I feel this one was accelerated because of the Dune HD 4K Pro II announcement. Don't want to lose market there which makes a lot of sense.

Keep in mind it is exactly the same SOC so features including DV and HDR10+ are just a matter of FW. Still wait and see for me who is going to include exactly what here?
    It has 1 USB2 port extra as the Dune uses that resource for its micro-SD slot. I like a micro-SD slot a bit more.

For pictures and the quick setup manual:
    https://fccid.io/2AGN7-Z9X
    The second SATA connector was just omitted apparently (power needed?). The SOC board layout includes it as an option clearly. Looks very similar to the Z9S mainboard with the X9S housing/antennas. Nothing wrong with that. :)

This frankly could be a Chinese market version as it uses a cheaper remote control and a 12V 2A PSU. So maybe specs for Western Europe/US might even be better with e.g. : dual SATA, backlit remote, 12V 3A PSU, 4 GByte RAM and 32 GB Flash?????
    I expect this box to come to market together with the new Zidoo X, so relative quick.

7. karipu

karipu Member

Without converting to PCM.

I doubt.

8. Nice Monkey

No where is stated that it is DSD, just decoding and most likely Stereo (2CH) only.
    Seen the mentioning again of DV all around I expect it to offer Netflix HD with DV, this potentially combined with Android TV 9 (ATV9).

9. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I'm not so sure - Dune haven't shown any hardware yet, just dodgy photoshop renderings, and Zidoo showed the X months ago - the Z9X just came to light because of the FCC approval a couple of days ago so I think it's been on the cards for a while.

10. Nice Monkey

Sorry to contradict you but Dune is really moving too. Dune HD RealBox 4K with RTD1395 not only got announced but has a price and a first shipment date. ;)
    https://www.futeko.com/products/MP105.php
    Being its cheaper Dune HD 4K Pro II brother (slightly below Z9S pricing) yes I still think they feel the heat in their neck.

Functionally the RTD1395 SOC is identical and Dune HD RealBox 4K is just really shy on ports. Noteworthy it still uses Android 7.1 as the second OS and comes without Netflix HD.

11. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

Only wishes of a fanboy. But the X is not the competetor of the new Dunes. It will cost more than double of them. The new Dunes have to be compared to the new Z9X. And that will be much harder for Zidoo as they want. 4 instead of 2GB, 32 GB to 16GB eMMC, and not only in ugly grey old-fashioned style like the Z9X. Will the new Zidoo have a Widevine-licence? Would be another big point ...

12. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Note : there poss mabe a Z10 Pro model coming i will have to confirm amongst others ......

13. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

@DELUCAS

Sounds interesting. But because of the bad support od Zidoo i am torn back and forth. Zidoo build very good player but leave you alone after buying them. Other Chinese like Beelink and Ugoos can do this better. I think i will give Dune a try if the 4K II is available.

14. DELUCAS

Where ever you go or purchase you will come across issues with firmware , updates and software ........
    You will just basically jump from ship to ship .

15. Markswift2003

It'll be interesting to see pricing - The Dune was always approx. $50 more than the Zidoo and then Dune killed off their supply chain which didn't do them any favours. I wonder if Dolby licencing will affect pricing though.

16. Nice Monkey

I think it does. Dune HD RealBox 4K comes without Android TV9 and without Netflix HD Dolby Vision (explicitly stated on their site).
    Dune HD 4K Pro II got a double price tag. That is not justified by the mere HW differences.

I do expect the European version of Z9X to include it all and compete straight with Dune HD 4K Pro II. Maybe a stripped down version comes later competing with Dune HD RealBox 4K?

Anyway interesting times again. Something to keep us busy in corona state.

17. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

BUT Dune didn't mention anything about NETFLIX...
    So i presume that it's not be capable for that.

"..Anyway interesting times again.."
    +1

18. Markswift2003

Indeed - Definitely nice to have some new toys on the horizon...

And it's interesting that Futeko are stocking Dune again...

19. DELUCAS

New Models coming :

Shenzhen Zidoo Technology Co., Ltd.
    Add:
    Room 12 D, Block A, CENTRAL GREAT SEARCHINGS, Xixiang Avenue, BaoAn
    District,
    Shenzhen, China
    Tel: +86 0755
    -
    Fax: +86 0755
    -
    Date:
    2020/4/20

:
    Z9X
    Z9D, Z9S PRO, R9S, Z10 PRO, Z1000 PLUS, Z20, Z20 PRO,
    Q500

xskip likes this.
  20. Schumy

Schumy Member

My projector does not support Dolby Vision or HSR10+, only HDR10, so probably not worthwhile for me to upgrade if I primarily use it for playing 4k mkv files?