HDD operation on Zidoo X9S

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by viggen66, Oct 26, 2016.

1. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

don't you have 2 of them to plug in extension and see if it detects 7 ?

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Did a quick test with a 4-port hub cascaded to a 4-port docking. All 7 devices are detected properly with that setup (7 displayed on USB icon too).
    So an 8-port HDD Docking / 10-port USB Hub at least works with 7 HDD on a single USB port, but probably 8. Doing so on the USB-3 port is also practically a fine solution. Who is still short on storage?

Repeated the same test with Himedia Q10 Pro. It also detects all 7 devices but gives no volume labels. With that many devices VL becomes really an important feature. This player in turn is a lot faster detecting all these HDD (half the time).

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
  3. jamil

jamil Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

Yes,I have one Hub(4 ports) and one Hub(3 ports),plug in extension and see it detects 7

4. Nice Monkey

IB-3810U3_big2.png
    If somebody still thinks he can't connect enough HDD space, then there is always this IB-3810U3 baby from Icy Box.

Probably going to give it a go myself. YES it has 10 slots and is USB-3 attached with an internal PSU of 300W. No it is not a RAID device and presents 10x HDD, but 4/8-slot RAID equivalents do exist also.
    Oh yes it is truly hot swappable/ejectable and each HDD unit can be turned on/off by a button individually. So using it with a player supporting a smaller number of devices is neither a real problem.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
  5. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

6. viggen66

viggen66 New Member

Can the Zidoo engineering team tells us which command triggers sata?

7. JeromeA

JeromeA New Member

im planning to add some storage. i want to buy orico 5bay. is it smooth here in our x9s?

8. Fatih Durmus

Fatih Durmus Member

I have zidoo z9s. I plugin a sata hdd but it dont spindown. Other 3 usb hdd spindown ok but sata hdd dont spindown and it is working 7/24. I am afraid it damage. How can I solve this problem. Thank you
    (before ı set it on pc 5 minutes by hdscan)

9. lucabis

lucabis Member

Hi everyone, I don't have much space in the TV cabinet, and for this I cannot connect a hub. Can X9s handle 14TB hdd?

10. Nice Monkey

Even 16 TB should work.

That is potentially 160 TB with a IB-3810U3 if you got the money for that. But yes bought that unit and it works just fine. The latest FW's for Z9S made Volume Labels finally working at full 32 positions. Eject and spindowns work also with it per HDD. Don't know about X9S?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
  11. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

X9S here. 10 TB on SATA port and 8 TB on USB 3.0. No issues at all. Both HD spin down without activity and Zidoo sleep mode.

12. Dhruv Mehta

Dhruv Mehta New Member

Any mac alternative to hddscan?