kodi 18.6 does not working on my X9S

Discussion in 'ZDMC for Zidoo' started by ysthbl, Apr 17, 2020.

1. ysthbl

ysthbl Member

I have a problem with kodi 18.6 . it keeps closing everytime I launch it .

anyone knows what is the problem with kodi 18.6 ?

2. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

There is no problem. Maybe you have not installed GApps in the right way. Make a clean new install. Then install GApps and then Kodi. I addionally suggest xbmcwrapper to use the internal player. That's it.

3. ysthbl

ysthbl Member

Sorry I am not familiar with GApps , I used to install the older version of Kodi without any problem .

can you explain for me step by step ?

4. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

There are enough threads here. And to install a new firmware and then GApps should be no problem. If yao cannot manage this you maybe have bought the wrong machine. From Zidoo you can expect no help here. Buy yourself a Shield which is working out of the box (and live with the poorer picture quality).

5. szefo

szefo Active Member

You have x9s so you don't need GApps.
    I have x9s with software 2.1.36 and kodi 18.6 works without a problem.
    Try to uninstall kodi and reinstall.
    If that doesn't work, try restoring the factory settings on x9s.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
  6. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

Not really. Kodi without xbmcwrapper uses his own player and can not play for example Blu-Ray-Isos. I would suggest xbmcwarpper. And for xbmcwrapper you need GApps. QED.

7. bob79

bob79 New Member

Hello same problem as mine, though I tried every 18.x versions of Kodi and still keeps crashing/closing every time (it takes from 3sec to 60sec).
    However I found yesterday a solution in this thread:
    https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=338000&page=2

1. You need to disconnect from both wifi and ethernet to stop/delay the early closing of Kodi (though I still had closing even this time but slower).
    2. If you manage to open Kodi, then as fast as you can go to Settings > Services > Control > you must turn OFF "Allow remote control from applications on this system" and Exit Kodi before it closes/crashes itself in order to SAVE your settings.
    - this menu point is defaultly Enabled you have to Disable it.

I did it and now the KODI is finally stable.
    This is some kind of Kodi issue, firstly occurred and brought in from Beta versions.