Home Theatre Update

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Markswift2003, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I can only think that such an issue is down to geolocation, but I'm not sure why that would be for such things as trailers and particularly the Personal History text.

It's certainly not the firmware per se - I'm using v2.3.10 on one box and it works perfectly - but there may be a firmware issue linked to language selection and geolocation - have you tried changing the language?

I wonder if there are any other Polish users with similar problems? Or any users in other territories with similar issues?

2. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

For that matter of the trailers i must stay on the side of Zidoo. You can not expect from a small Chines Company which such a semi-professional service a solution that works in every country of the world in every language. They should ensure that it will work in English, other languages have to be done by a community.

3. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

The language pack should not effect trailers. Geolocation might but @Zwanzig hasn’t confirmed if trailers play from Kodi or ZDMC. The source is the same and mechanisms should be similar.

4. Zwanzig

Zwanzig Member

I'm sorry, I forgot to check it out somehow.
    I will do it tomorrow and give an answer

5. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I tested quickly trailers on Kodi through VPN connected to Poland using PC. It works. I don’t have a quick way to do the same on Zidoo.

6. lucausee

lucausee New Member

Great! Thank you

Markswift2003 likes this.
  7. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

Hi everyone, I have an mkv file with multiple video tracks but I can only see one, is it possible to see the other ones too, or is only the main track played? Thanks

8. Markswift2003

It will only play the first video track - there is no mechanism for handling multiple video tracks within an mkv container I'm afraid

9. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

Damn, okay patience, too bad because with VLC for example there is this possibility ...... I had this idea for bluray in which I put extra content as second video tracks and I removed the languages that I didn't use ... ... In this way it would not be necessary to do the ISO and would save space by removing the languages that are not used .....

10. Markswift2003

It's easy enough to add extra material as separate MKVs and use the naming convention as detailed below:

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/home-theater-2-0-tips-questions-tricks.7436/page-29

11. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

Sorry but I didn't understand anything ... is there any way to read multiple video tracks on an mkv file?

12. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Simple answer then: NO

Markswift2003 likes this.
  13. Gordon Freeman

Gordon Freeman New Member

2.9.28 has problem with Sonic.The.Hedgehog.2020 blu ray title. It does not start with play button and neither with bd button...

14. Markswift2003

Presumably that's a full BluRay rip?

Full BluRay rips will always be an issue with media players since not a single one is a member of the BDA and therefore unable to use their IPR.

So as the BDA continually adds obfuscation techniques in newer titles, these have to be reverse engineered which means a continual game of catch up.

This is an issue with the playback engine rather than the front end however.

15. Markswift2003

In case anyone missed it on the News threads, HT3 has been released in beta. I've been asked not to release the apk, but here's a sneak peak:

Shell.jpg

HomeScreen.jpg

Home Screen 2.jpg

Category Edit.jpg

The main difference is the addition of a launcher screen with latest titles, currently watching, genres, custom categories and recommendations.

This can be disabled in settings to revert to the same behaviour as HT2.

akan7, leonkoum and xskip like this.
  16. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Luncher screen is a good addition just like trailers and it has some customization. Good move Zidoo. We are still waiting to get other ongoing issues fixed with HT.

17. sojer2005

sojer2005 Member

Hi.
    Are there any changes in version 3.0 about how mediainfo scans video files?

18. Markswift2003

No, the mechanism is the same as HT2.

19. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I've been using V3 beta for a few days and love the new launch screen

Underneath though it is still the same engine with its pro's and con's.

A much better experience - more like Plex and Infuse in feel.

Slightly off topic I wish when I put the Z9S to sleep it would wake up in the place left (i.e. HT3) instead of defaulting to main screen. It does that if you power down but don't really want the power on cycle whenever I want to access the player.

20. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

But where can you download HT3? If one decides to put it then goes to replace HT2? The settings are lost or remain the same?
    Thanks