New firmware v2.3.10 version for ZIDOO Z9S release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by pavlin67, Jan 10, 2020.

1. pavlin67

pavlin67 Active Member

Model:ZIDOO_Z9S
    Version:v2.3.10
    Download: http://apidl.zidoo.tv/Z9S/v2.3.10/ZIDOO_Z9S_N_v2.3.10_202001092118_ota-package.zip
    MD5 Hash: 8A5C466B604B13BD874D26E10B672AB8
    Upgrade method:OTA

Changelog (Google Translate):
    System
    1. Optimize the problem of the USB 3.0 port even if the device is lost
    2. Fix the problem that DTS track music cannot be played
    3. Fixed the issue that HIFI music will not play automatically next time
    4. Optimize online playback
    5. "Information" key, display the current HDMI output information
    6. Optimized the problem of abnormal sound after DTS music playback is paused
    7. Fix the problem of abnormal sound of Bluetooth device when HDMI output is set to source code output
    8. Fixed the issue that Dolby Atmos audio freezes in some individual film sources
    9. Optimize DLNA projection function
    File manager
    1. Fix the problem that the same share name is displayed in NFS (for Usbshare multiple external hard disk cabinets, only one can be found)
    2. Cancel the top navigation category and add the list rotation function
    3. Added CD disc insertion tips
    4. Optimize sorting function (save separately by path)
    5. Added the function of pressing "Popup" to return to the top of the list
    6. Fixed the problem that the played video does not prompt the watched icon
    7. Modify the problem that the volume label does not display more than 20 characters
    Poster wall
    1. Optimize the display of the details interface and the movie video
    2. Optimize segmented video scanning
    3. Optimize scanning to solve the problem that stopping scanning during scanning may cause unmatched videos to not match properly when continuing scanning
    4. Solve the problem that the child lock set is not displayed synchronously after the movie rating is initially set
    5. Increase the HDR corner mark (scanned videos will not be displayed)
    6. Optimize file name recognition
    7. Optimize application stability
    8. Optimize bracket processing for title recognition
    9. Added trailer filter filtering, the word 'trailer' in the file name will no longer be scanned
    10. Optimize the NFS mount method
    11. Fix the problem that the background service causes the setup wizard language to be incorrect
    12. Fixed the problem of disordered video in the folder video list interface
    13. Fixed the problem that poster information cannot be obtained based on the file path
    14. Fixed the problem that the total number of videos on the device does not change after moving the video out of the poster wall
    15. Clear device and delete device will remove related video information from database
    16. Fixed the issue that the poster does not refresh after modifying the rating of the child lock
    17. Child lock setting interface adds function description and child lock reset function
    18. Optimize the collection function
    19. Fixed the issue that playback records cannot be saved when playing NFS source
    20. NFO added sorttitle field support, only use this field for sorting in movie collection interface
    Music player
    1. Optimize folder browsing function
    2. Add CD playback function (requires external optical drive)
    3. Optimize the sorting function
    4. Optimize the calculation method of scanning progress
    5. Optimize track identification for SACD and CUE albums
    6. Improved the interface of obtaining track list, and solved the problem that the mobile phone cannot control the CUE / DSF track list of the temporary list
    7. Modify the time display format of CUE to keep the same with SACD
    8. Optimize focus control logic to solve the problem of focus flicker
    9. Modify the recording method of the playlist to solve the problem that the last song in the random play mode will be rerandom.
    10. Added screen saver function in play details interface
    11. Fixed an issue where the list interface displayed an error after the grid layout removed the list
    12. Fixed the problem of getting albums when playing music from file manager
    13. Fixed the problem that the lyrics could not be closed without playing the details interface
    14. Fixed the problem that sometimes the detailed interface picture cannot be obtained
    15. Added automatic full-screen playback switch
    16. Added music file information display to the list
    17. Solve the problem that search interface focus may be lost
    18. Fix the problem that the song is cut abnormally in the playback interface
    19. Modify singer details interface
    -Add album sub-categories, you can directly enter album details from the list
    -Add picture subclasses, you can set the default, delete and add operations for pictures
    -Add details sub-category, you can browse all the information of the singer
    20. Add "View Artist" and "View Album" functions
    21. Add song names that do not match the file name "track + number"
    22. Fixed the problem of flashing back when pressing the "Home" key in the folder song interface
    23. Fix the problem that Bluetooth remote control connection stops playing
    24. Add multi-folder scanning. The abnormality will be displayed after the scanning is completed, and the normal display will be restored after all scanning
    25. Fix the problem that the time of the song displayed on the front panel is incorrect
    26. Fix the problem that the sample rate of the playback details interface is incorrect.
    27. Fix the problem that some DTS-CDs cannot be played
    Local player
    1. The problem that the optimized bit rate is displayed incorrectly
    2. Fix the problem that the movie name is displayed incorrectly
    3. Add ZOOM function
    4. Increase the video ratio
    5. Fixed the issue that Polish subtitles are displayed in Portuguese
    6. Optimized subtitle download function
    7. Optimize the front panel USB icon display
    8. Optimize the problem that DVD cannot select chapters
    9. Optimize ASS subtitle display
    10. Fixed the problem that the srt subtitle space is not displayed completely
    11. Fixed the problem that the file name of the DVD folder was displayed abnormally during playback
    12. Optimize the setting of video scale interface display
    13. Add sequence play function
    Blu-ray navigation
    1. Added the function of subtitle track list displayed by shortcut keys
    2. Optimize subtitle download function
    3. Fixed the problem of incomplete display of srt subtitle space
    Quick settings
    1. Add ignore EDID function
    2. Add video sequence playback function
    Scheduled shutdown
    1. Modify the problem that the traditional display is abnormal
    Picture manager
    1. When optimizing the slideshow, the picture is blurred
    Weather
    1. Optimize the problem that the weather is not available in some cities
    Mobile APP (need to update mobile app v.1.5.5)
    1. Add audio offset setting in the setting interface
    2. Folder browsing function has been added to the music device interface
    3. Application interface adds sorting function
    4. Fixed the problem that the same device is repeatedly added to the music device interface
    5. Fixed the issue that the CUE / DSF track list cannot be obtained from the temporary list songs
    6. Optimize the problem that the application interface icon is not displayed
    7. Optimize poster wall interface display
    8. Solve the problem that the file management is affected by the search bar, and it will return to the upper directory when rescanning SMB or NFS
    9. File manager adds list refresh function
    10. File Manager adds CD-ROM drive list

How to upgrade

If you have installed google play kit, please reinstall it after upgrade.

New ZDMC 18.4 http://apidl.zidoo.tv/app/zdmc-18.4_rtk-signed.apk
    New Gapps 1.2.4 http://apidl.zidoo.tv/app/GappsInstaller-rtk-7.1_v1.2.4.apk
    Zidoo Controller iOS https://apps.apple.com/us/app/zidoo-controller/id1477712512?l=zh&ls=1
    Zidoo Controller Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zidoo.control.phone
    Zidoo Controller 1.5.5

Attached Files:

2. Frostb!te

Frostb!te Member

Thanks, will the update also become available through the bultin update function in the device or has this service been shut down?

3. bob79

bob79 New Member

Hello folks, THIS IS SERIOUS ISSUE with this new firmware v2.3.10!!!
    Black blinking screen occurs after boot-up and I cannot see anything from GUI!
    It happened the second time, I had to re-flash the whole device because of it yesterday according to Zidoo's instructions:
    https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/support_guide/guide_target/ua1h3YuLrJzeq7k9e[ld]3ulg==.html
    Yesterday was all ok, turned it down and today the same issue happened again after boot up.
    During booting I see ZIDOO welcome screen, second Zidoo animated logo screen then its just black and blinking. Also my airmouse cursor is visible but nothing else I can do with it if I don't can't access the GUI.

I surely don't recommend this update!
    Anybody having this issue with Z9S?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
  4. rondi7

rondi7 New Member

Is this FAKE?? Back in Jan Zidoo released 2.3.15-G. Have they ever released new firmware with a lower number. Maybe I haven't had enuf coffee or I forgot how to count.

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Maybe grab a coffee.

v2.3.10 is the current release version.

https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/downloadList/target/2INlOr7QH+1KKmVViAFMcQ==.html

v2.3.15 is the current public beta.

With respect to the above comments, although I use v2.2.96 in my theatre, I have had a test box running v2.3.10 for a couple of months now and it seems as solid as v2.2.96.

(v2.3.17 was released as a public beta but immediately withdrawn due to a couple of issues)

6. bob79

bob79 New Member

---
    Hi Mark, may I have a few questions?

Did you install Gapps.apk or you going well without Playstore on v2.3.10?
    I used and also downloaded some apps from it.

Are you using KODI 18.6 (playstore or official kodi site) or the latest ZDMC?
    All versions (18.6, 18.5) from KODI I tried on v2.3.10 always crashed and exit by itself few moments I opened the app (btw, clearing the CACHE and all data did not help at all), this issue did not happen on v2.2.96 it was quite stable.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
  7. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Saw some spontaneous re-boots with v2.3.10 but other wise fairly stable.
    If you don't use other APP's via the Google store it can be used without GAPPS.

8. Markswift2003

Hi Bob,

No, I use it simply as a local media player, so no GApps and no 3rd party apps.

This is absolutely not a Kodi box and installing vanilla Kodi will always present issues - if you want to run Kodi 18 then a Shield is by far your best bet.

I have ZDMC v17.6.1 (last officially supported version) running on a test box on v2.2.10 and it runs fine. Others have reported issues with ZDMC v18 and I can't see a reason to update.

My main box does not have ZDMC installed at all, I use HT2 exclusively.

9. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

@Markswift2003

I can not agree to some of your points.

Why the Z9S is not a Kodi box? Zidoo themselves made a fork to use it. https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/release_apk.html
    And there are no real issues which make bigger problems. By the way V17.6.1 is not really the last offically supported, Zidoo gave us V18.4 as last version. By the way with Kodi you can move, delete.. your files without leaving the program. The HT2 looks smarter but has no option to work with the files.

You propose a Shield. A good player without question. But even the new 2019er with the new Ki has a significant poorer picture quality.

@bob79

Look in this forum. There are hints how to install the base firmware and then GApps. Doing the right way there are no really annoying issues. I have a Z10 and the only point is that sometimes the player loses the usb3-connection but thats all. I installed several 3rd party apps without any problems. I suggest you have a look at xbmcwrapper, a small tool which lets you use Kodi as a frontend and the original player from Zidoo as player behind.

10. bob79

bob79 New Member

Thanks for the answers and suggestions.
    Yet I don't want to buy another expensive machine like Shield just because I want use Kodi.
    Today I did a downgrade of my Z9S from v2.3.10 to v2.2.96 and I hoped if I do that and install Kodi it will work smoothly as before on that fw version.
    However I am very surprised that I again stuck with a constant Kodi crash after launch (it is a clean installation).

@ThomasP
    When you suggested xbmcwrapper, does it suppose to kind of stop the constant crashing of Kodi?

11. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

@bob79

When using xbmcwrapper you use for example Kodi as frontend and can choose the player, the Zidoo player is very good, or you try for example VLC. But your problem is not normal. Have you checked when Kodi crashes exactly? The same port you play files (usb3?), over SMB or when?

12. bob79

bob79 New Member

I checked the .log but I can't see any suspicious things.
    It crashes few seconds (always different from 3 to 60sec) after I launch it and I don't do anything just wait.

I did a clean install of KODI few times already it does not help. Also clearing data does not help.

13. Markswift2003

As I said earlier, this absolutely isn't a Kodi box. If you want to use Kodi, the only viable option is to use Zidoo's port, ZDMC.

14. bob79

bob79 New Member

I know I get it, but only one thing bothers me and it is very strange. As I said above that Kodi was stable on v2.2.96 with the same configuration as I have set now.
    So I don't get it why now it has to misbehave like this.
    Now it looks like maybe something is missing from the folder that it would need, perhaps another service or app.
    I capture two logfiles 1st a default and 2nd with enabled debug of course there is also "kodi.old.log".
    If I put them here could you or somebody look into it if you see something suspicious?

Perhaps I should write on Kodi forum too.

Attached Files:

15. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

You can repeat it as often as you want, but again you are wrong. Maybe you don't know xbmcwrapper? If you use this small tool from the Google Play Store your Zidoo uses the same player as HT2, it just allows you to change the frontend. ZDMC also uses this method but only without a additional tool.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hu.xmister.xbmcwrapper&hl=en

@bob79

You have not answered my last question correctly. When Kodi crashes? From where did you play the files? USB3 would be a known possible reason for crashing. Or there may be a network issue with SMB or whatever.

16. Frostb!te

Frostb!te Member

My first impression of this release is good. I use the box only for watching movies offline.
    The trailer feature and the movie logo on the movie pages are very nice.
    Also fast forward seems to work better now (even though it's more like a jumping through the video).

Would be nice if the TVDB/TMDB matching could recognize all season and episode information, e.g. "dvd order" and stuff like that. Both pages provide multiple season and episode information from different releases.

17. xsander

xsander New Member

Bonjour à tous,
    en v2.3.10 hier soir lors d'un film UHD en .mkv,
    avec un disque flash SSD externe SanDisk Extreme 500 250Go,
    après 45 minutes, l'image se fige, l'appareil ne répond pas pendant dix secondes, il redémarre, le disque dur connecté à usb3 n'était plus visible sur l'appareil pendant qu'il était connecté, comme s'il avait été déconnecté par Android, comme si l'appareil coupe le disque dur, peut être mis en veille quelque part, mais après 45 minutes, c'est très étrange ....
    J'ai donc dû le débrancher et le rebrancher.
    J'ai installé la bêta v2.3.30 pour voir si le problème persiste, je vais réessayer aujourd'hui et s'il vous plaît continuer de revenir à l'expéditeur !!!
    Vous devez revenir au firmware 2.1.30 pour avoir une stabilité en usb3?

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  18. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

No problems with v2.3.30 at all.
    Try USB2.

19. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Had exactly the same (after 45 minutes the image freezes, the device does not respond for ten seconds, it restarts) once but using SATA instead of USB3.
    So i have my doubts the root problem is actually USB3 related. Can't be reproduced on demand and does not occur often!

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
  20. xsander

xsander New Member

Hello, what is the most stable firmware for watching a movie without disconnecting the hard drive in USB3 after 40 minutes?