Talk about your ideas about X1 And ZIDOO

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X1' started by HoneCharles, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Scott

Scott Member

Any chance on a comparison testing of evaluation to other boxes or at least the X9 ?

2. Bluesmanuk

Bluesmanuk Member

I think that like for like comparison testing is a good idea but not sure if the X9 would be one to use as it's a different beast so to speak and aimed at another audience.

Perhaps other H3 devices such as the Beelink X2 or Tronsmart H3, as competitors in the same area would be one starting point, as well as other lower cost SOC chipsets out there.

Having said that, stacking something like the X1 against something that is on paper more powerful and capable does at least give some perspective as to what you can realistically expect to get, which can sometimes bring pleasant surprises.

One of the key aspects of the X1 seems to be in it's media playback potential, especially with this custom variant of Kodi, so that will be a key point to look at to compare against what has all too often in the past resulted in underperforming devices requiring many a customisation to bring the best out of them.

3. Petar Ivanov

Petar Ivanov New Member

I'm very curious about the functionality which X1 offers. Everything said and written is fine but there aren't any real tests and reviews so far. At least Zidoo or their seller Geekbuying could make some trailers to advertise X1. Hopefully will see some in near future.

4. Bluesmanuk

Bluesmanuk Member

This is the only video of it so far.

There will be many more very soon I'm sure once the 54 winners get their hands on one.

5. Petar Ivanov

Petar Ivanov New Member

Yes, I'm aware about this one. Thanks anyway. Actually there another 27 winners from Zidoo's Facebook activity so in total there are 81 winners which means more testers and reviewers. Let's just wait and see if Zidoo will send the prizes out as it was promised.

6. Bluesmanuk

Bluesmanuk Member

I'm sure that they will and we just have to wait for our mails.

7. piggy99

piggy99 New Member

The concept is great. I have bought one to test. Hopefully, I will buy more for my siblings if it is what it claimed to be. My biggest concern has been their lack of support (the allwinner CPU). I had several of their older units with no firmware upgrades and hope that they will be better. This is probably be my last kick at the can for this CPU. If it continues the same pattern like all the other allwinner CPU support, i will move on to other CPU.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  8. Bluesmanuk

Bluesmanuk Member

It's a reasonable concern because both Allwinner and Rockchip have poor records in supporting both vendors and users past the initial period.

Hopefully manufacturers such as Zidoo will be able to apply more clout in order for them to continue supporting the likes of Allwinner in the future.