The winners announced

Discussion in 'NEWS&Activities' started by mirror, Jun 25, 2015.

1. xenon

xenon New Member

In Serbia for example if you have something via DHL from some company,thet invoice must to be with transport price.If there is no cargo price,then DHL will use local price list which is 10 times higher then it is payed from sender,and then, thet 10 times higher price and price of product will count like final price and on thet final price you must to pay customs taxes.

2. Bluesmanuk

Bluesmanuk Member

I'm curious to know how they could use a local price for a product that won't be on sale locally.

It may be that Zidoo will use one of the usual vendors that normally supply the products such as Geekbuying, who seem to know how to package things in a way that keeps fees to a minimum.

3. Petar Ivanov

Petar Ivanov New Member

Has anyone received an email from ZIDOO?
    For me it is insanity DHL to fill in much more than they actually took for their service. They have papers for the transportation and the fee which they took. Isn't it enough for customs to calculate VAT?

4. mrq

mrq New Member

In Italy: China + DHL = 22% VAT + 5% duty tariff + 6-7 USD handling ...based on the declared value
    It goes like 23-24 USD, something it's better to be aware of in advance.
    In our situation declaring our transaction value (9,90 USD) could be a possible solution, but I am not sure of if it's possible and/or correct.
    Not a Zidoo fault anyway :)

5. dirtykimchi

dirtykimchi New Member

True. Just wish there was another option; not just DHL. :(

6. cserem

cserem New Member

I think we are getting ahead of our selves here, since team Zidoo seem to be really nice, and flexible people (that, I state on the fact that they are willing to send out 4 extra free devices).
    I am guessing there will be an option to get your package via tracked air-mail (which is even cheaper to send than DHL by the way).
    (do not throw rocks at me from either side for this post :)

7. Bluesmanuk

Bluesmanuk Member

At the end of the day, even if there are some charges that we feel would be unfair from DHL, we are still getting an item that will be well worth the small investment.

So I am hoping to receive an email today and get the process started.

8. Bluesmanuk

Bluesmanuk Member

Received my email today and made payment, so looking forward to receiving the X1.

For those who have yet to receive their mails and are concerned about the DHL charges, the value that Zidoo are placing on the X1 is $19.00

9. Dainis

Dainis New Member

I am also got e-mail and made playment.

10. KainXS

KainXS New Member

I also got the email and sent payment, thanks for dropping the value zidoo. :)

11. dirtykimchi

dirtykimchi New Member

Also, received the email. Again, Zidoo is really reading their forums, which is awesome!

In what currency did y'all submit the $9.9 payment?
    Going to assume USD, but shouldn't this have been stated somewhere (It was never stated in the email or the original thread.)?

Waiting for an solid answer, prior to making the payment.
    Don't want to shortchange Zidoo's generosity in covering the postage, anymore than it may already be.

12. Bluesmanuk

Bluesmanuk Member

$9.9 was specified on the original application thread.

"The winners just only need to pay $9.9 freight to the designated PAYPAL ACCOUNT , then can get a ZIDOO X1. (Please noted the MSRP of ZIDOO X1 is $59.00/pc.)"

13. dirtykimchi

dirtykimchi New Member

Yes, the amount was noted (not questioning the amount), but not which form of currency.

Do they want it in USD, AUD, HKD, et cetera?

Paypal does have the option to specify currency when sending money, so a little clarification won't hurt as my country's currency is default currently on Paypal, which is NOT USD.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  14. Bluesmanuk

Bluesmanuk Member

The fact that they specified a dollar sign seems logical to say that payment would be in USD.

It's more than not the currency that vendors such as Geekbuying and Gearbest use as the default currency on their listings.

15. dirtykimchi

dirtykimchi New Member

The '$' is not just for US; it is used with many forms of currency (for the most part, anything in dollars or pesos).

Emailed X1@zidoo.tv for clarification; Just waiting on a reply.

Having run raffles & contests in the past, these are the finer details that usually are ironed out prior to running such events.
    In my country/region, there is rules that need to be followed if prizes are involved (like skill testing questions), so being prudent never hurts.

16. Bluesmanuk

Bluesmanuk Member

I very much doubt that it will be in Australian dollars.

As I said, if you were to buy an X1 full price, the vendors always show the default dollar price as US.

I think that you are overthinking it but I'm sure that Zidoo will confirm.

17. AMoon

AMoon New Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

Sorry about that, what we mean the $ is for USD. Didn't expect to cause your misunderstanding. Cuz, as we all know, the USD is the international currency, not just only for some area.

18. AMoon

AMoon New Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

Thank you for your understanding.

19. dirtykimchi

dirtykimchi New Member

Thank you for the clarification.

20. dmorsepgh

dmorsepgh New Member