Home Theatre Update

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Markswift2003, Mar 21, 2020.

1. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Did you have to uninstall old HT back up data etc or just straight install over existing HT?

I only have X9S but my friend with new Z9S had issues with some ISO files started from BD Menu. It plays on X9S but it won't on Z9S. I'm sure there are other differences in both players.

2. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

What is the source of trailer files or streams? Is it from Youtube like Kodi?
    Youtube trailers are blocked from Kodi now :(

3. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

i installed like all previous HT apk straight over
    Several reboots later and if a power off .
    Running fine .

3DBuff likes this.
  4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

So the none playing trailer and
    I installed over an earlier version, but I've been testing a few versions of HT2 with trailers so I think the issue is with backup/restores from other versions.

I've now done a full factory reset, restored an HT2 backup from an older version and then overwritten with the latest HT2 and the trailers seem to be behaving again.

Still got some trailers crashing HT2 and restarting it, but oddly only on PIP - autoplay runs fine.

5. Markswift2003

No idea where they originate - haven't asked - might be worth wire sharking it to see...

Isn't the Kodi issue down to API keys? @blenky sent me this a while ago:

https://koditips.com/setup-use-youtube-kodi-addon/

3DBuff likes this.
  6. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Markswift2003 likes this.
  7. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Just tested YouTube fix for Kodi. It does work and trailers worked again. The process is somehow complex and not exactly as listed.
    After a quick test I deleted API keys from my Google account. Too many open doors to Google account with unofficial add-on, zip file and new repository.
    Will set it up again using different account. It worked on my PC but it should work on Zidoo using ZDMC.

8. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Loaded HT v2.9.6 on my X9S with untouched firmware v2.1.28 and original HT.
    So far so good. Most of movies that I clicked on plays trailer in auto start and multiple trailers when in pop up window. Blade Runner and Incredible Hulk crashes HT when clicked on trailer icon but preview works. It does look like Youtube videos. A lot of them with lower then 720p quality with compression artifacts and occasional stutter just like trailers from ZDMC.

Apple trailers are the best quality trailers. HD-Trailers.com has a good list. I hope Zidoo could link to Apple trailers first before going to other sites.

Movies that don't have trailer preview and crash HT when clicked on trailer icon:
    Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen 209
    Pirates of Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest 2006
    Pirates of Caribbean: On Stranger Tides 2011

In general very impressive. Good work Zidoo.

9. Markswift2003

So it seems that there is a progressive issue with trailers not working.

Any trailer that works today, will not work tomorrow for some reason.

So once a trailer has been played, the following day it will cease to work.

Explains why I was previously seeing a progressive deterioration of trailer playback over a number of days.

It may be an API issue server side or a cache issue locally.

10. Schumy

Schumy Member

I m on HT 2.6.7, is there any release note showing the changes made in subsequent versions? I m not sure if I should try these new versions. Thanks

11. Markswift2003

I've not seen any release notes, no.

Scratch that - just got this for v2.9.6:

Greatly optimized matching accuracy,
    Optimize the manual matching process,
    Optimize poster clarity,
    Add trailer function (background playback can be turned off by preference),
    Added movie CLEARLOGO function.
    And dozens of other optimizations.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  12. Markswift2003

Update on trailers not working after an initial viewing - it seems it's a lot quicker than a day - All the trailers I had a look at this morning are no longer working a couple of hours later.

Can anyone else confirm this behaviour?

13. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

We have a new version v2.99

"Changelog:

解决剧集手动匹配会一集一季的现像,

解决自动更新设备时会一直扫描问题"

14. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

@leonkoum, do you have a link? Any improvements to trailers?

15. Markswift2003

16. Markswift2003

Actually - there does seem to be a small improvement not included in the changelog - the trailers that previously crashed HT2 do not now cause a crash - a message saying that the current trailer failed to play appears and it moves to the next one which will play subject to the repeat play bug - ie, it will start as long as it hasn't been played before.

17. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

i wonder if the scraping will improve the Picard series amongs others ?

18. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Confirmed. All trailers that I played yesterday don't play at all even preview. All new trailers play just fine. Blade Runner no preview and still crashing HT when clicked on trailer icon.

This is complete no go for HT with trailers. They have to come up with solution even if it means generate your own API keys like Kodi YouTube fix above. Another option is to use Apple or IMDB trailers.

19. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

@Markswift2003 did you managed to get those trailers to play again by factory reset or something similar?
    It looks like you had trailers going again when you used X9S instead of Z9S. This eliminates IP blocking. More like API keys tied to device and time limited.

20. Markswift2003

Well you know what, I'm glad it's not just me!

It's taken a while to pin down what this bug is doing, but I think we're there - it seems to take between 4 to 8 hours after viewing a trailer and it no longer plays.

So the crashing on Blade Runner - is that still happening with v2.9.9?