hard disk 14tb

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by lucabis, Mar 14, 2020.

1. lucabis

lucabis Member

Hello everyone, is it possible to connect a 14tb hard disk to the ziddo x9s?

2. Paul777

Paul777 Member

I don't know but i plug in maximum 2 TB HDD, it was fine. Try to plug in and try it, maybe will work but i am not sure.

3. moroder

moroder New Member

8 TB HDD wd purple ok.

4. lucabis

lucabis Member

I would not want to spend € 300, to find that it is not seen completely

5. r00lz

r00lz New Member

It's OK if you connect that hard drive with external power supply

6. lucabis

lucabis Member

I already have 2 hard drives with power supply, I'm afraid the x9s won't see the full 14 tb capacity of the hard drive

7. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

There is no limit in anyway at 14 TB. Above 16TB there is a limit for USB External HDD's doing sector translation (to be compatible with older OS versions).
    For SATA attached HDD's there is no foreseeable limit except running out of task memory in one way or the other.

8. lucabis

lucabis Member

Thanks, then I proceed with the purchase of this: Western digital elements 14 TB

9. JackFrost6

JackFrost6 New Member

I have new information, I don't know if people know who bought the Zidoo Z10 Pro. I tried the 14TB Toshiba HDD, the new one tried the 16TB Toshiba Server (Enterprise Capacity MG08). Manual have Zidoo wrote that it has a capacity limit of 14TB. I have no problem, the new one shows a capacity of 14.9TB! upload_2021-9-15_20-29-4.gif
    If someone has more information or could try a bigger disk, please let me know.