Issue with all recordings over 1 hour

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9' started by WarTV, Jul 31, 2016.

1. WarTV

WarTV Member

Still have a 3 to 4 second delay between the end of the first file and the beginning of the second. The good and bad thing now is.....It now only makes the files 37 minutes long before splitting them at max settings on the app that it comes with. I have to wonder Paul. Have you tried the test I am talking about on your own box to see if you loose time between files?

2. Paul Collins

Paul Collins Member

Dude , my files are not split :) when you record just tell me what you do , menu navigation and button selects.

Dont go crazy with details, just give me 3 lines, or bulletpoints if you like.

3. WarTV

WarTV Member

Hit menu button
    Make sure FHD and MP4 are selected as well as proper location to save the recording.
    Change time to appropriate recording time
    Click record button
    Pray that it works

Just tried the above with USB 3.0 flash drive and the issue repeats. Files are never bigger than 1.9GB and there is at least 2 to 3 seconds between the first file and the second file that is not recorded.

4. Paul Collins

Paul Collins Member

Ok , Record using TS, that might not meet your requirements , dont know. If that splits on NTFS then Im stumped.

5. WarTV

WarTV Member

I made sure the drive was formatted to NTFS. Will try ts tonight. Also made a recording to the SD card on the device and the same issues repeat

6. Paul Collins

Paul Collins Member

Guarantee it will work, it has to. Its just the box itself there are limitations, I use TS myself and they do upload perfect to youtube aswell. (Just change the extension to .mp4 on the upload. Tbh I dont think you have to rename the extension, but I always do). Anyway its all about value, beats having to use capture cards on PCs :) ) Sd will always truncate, regardless of the file system,

if you are doing heavy IO frequently, as video recording in long spurts will do, it could cause your micro sd to degrade. Dont think there really built for that kind of use..

7. WarTV

WarTV Member

Did ts got to 4 GB recording. The issue with time missing between files still seems to occur, however, now it is only 1 to 2 seconds (this was only tested on the sd card). I wonder if mp4 is more compressed than TS and that is why we have a shorter delay. As I still had the longer delay with MP4 and on the same USB 3.0 stick. So what we know so far is 4GB files are possible on TS (and it was almost 2 hours long), their is still a delay no matter which type of file type you choose....I am going to set the next recording to 10 hours and have it go over night to check two things. One does it still chop the files up and two is there a delay. I would never need 10 hours of recording most of mine are only 30 to 60 minutes.

8. Paul Collins

Paul Collins Member

Stay away from the SD card :) (i keep telling you), record TS , NTFS, USB3.0 , there should be no split. And if in doubt use Yeahmans program, its a way way way better than the stock program, its still beta, and not a full release, but its a good bit of software.

9. WarTV

WarTV Member

It's bugged and doesnt let you record for 10 hours. The record icon flashes but it only records 500MB worth. I will just start doing regular recordings now. Thanks

10. azidahaka

azidahaka Member

I think I'm gonna waste my time again but did you stop recording on SD and have you finally tried the fat32 format?

Else as they say you can't get help I'd you don't help yourself

11. WarTV

WarTV Member

Not sure why, but TS does not record correctly on the USB stick. It does to SD and last I tried MP4 does correctly. What is even weirder is windows says it is FAT32 now when I remember specifically making it NTFS

12. Paul Collins

Paul Collins Member

A riddle within a riddle.

Last time I checked I thought you had no usb3.0 stick?-thought you were working off a usb3.0 hard drive. Anyways, I really dont have these problems.

What can I say? All things being equall you must be doing something odd. Whats your firmware version?

13. WarTV

WarTV Member

I am using 1.0.3.9. I bought a cheap usb 3.0 stick to make sure the hard drive was not the issue causing the space of time between files. Now I have a new issue. Recordings are very small and unplayable. Currently using the record settings TS, FHD. Going to try MP4 just because. The issue has repeated on the hard drive so the issue is not the USB stick.

14. WarTV

WarTV Member

Stopping both recordings at 10 seconds on TS or MP4 works. Its like the recorder crashes....

New Update: now it records fine. Don't know whats up with this thing. Not going to knock it. The recorder app had to be crashing tho. That's the only thing that makes sense.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  15. WarTV

WarTV Member

Now I get audio on the TV but not in the recordings.....Starting to wish I never tried to fix this.

16. WarTV

WarTV Member

So after all that work audio only works on recordings when having the box upgraded to 1.0.4.2

17. Paul Collins

Paul Collins Member

Yeah bro sounds like your box is corrupted. Reflash and then upgrade.

I dont want to second guess you but it does sound like you've done something :). On a few of the issues at the start of your thread I could identify but towards the end of your thread, thats some weird sh1t..

18. WarTV

WarTV Member

I fixed the bug/crashing with the recording app. I can now make recordings with no issues. The box is functioning normally. When recording less than one hour I use mp4, because mp4 is more compressed and higher quality and ts for anything that is an hour or more. The only thing that's different than before is on the sound settings for the box before I upgraded to 1.0.4.2 I used the RAW setting. Now it only works if you have PCM selected. The only other thing is I has to restart the NAS app. These are minor things. I think my stuff is working fine now.