New firmware v2.3.17 Beta version for ZIDOO Z10 release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z10' started by pavlin67, Mar 4, 2020.

1. pavlin67

pavlin67 Active Member

2. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
  3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Don't install this. It is a step back for almost anything (except playing Pixar Animations).
    It was pulled back by Zidoo on this forum.

4. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Yes i heard
    I installed to test last month i have a few Z10 units
    One is my Beta Tester box .

5. wcale

wcale New Member

Where the description with changelog I can find?

6. Nice Monkey

It was created to test specifically a fix for Seamless Branching. Reported my experiences testing it, but the whole topic was removed next from the forum.
    In my view a correct action as it has multiple nasty quirks. My Z9S player is sitting idle till the next update.

7. catorcio

catorcio Member

[QUOTE = "Nice Monkey, post: 120867, membro: 4756"] È stato creato per testare specificamente una correzione per Seamless Branching. Riferito le mie esperienze testandolo, ma l'intero argomento è stato rimosso successivamente dal forum.
    A mio avviso un'azione corretta in quanto ha più stranezze cattive. Il mio lettore Z9S è inattivo fino al prossimo aggiornamento. [/ QUOTE]
    is it the same firmware? or has it been changed?

8. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

I cannot agree. For me this firmware is working fine at the moment. And it was never officially released in this forum or pulled back here. Or have i overseen a thread then show me please ...

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
  9. catorcio

catorcio Member

I don't understand, can it be installed or not?

10. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

Why not. If you encounter problems simply install another version.

11. Nice Monkey

Yes it was during one or two days for Z9S only (not Z10 or other models) with explicit mentioning it was for Seamless Branching testing! :)

Obviously I can't show a removed thread. You must be kidding here. ;)

One can install it at own risks, but going back is not that easy as you suggest: Only via emergency ROM image recovery with full clean/reset as a consequence. :rolleyes:
    You may be happy with it, but I am not for sure (neither was Zidoo).
    Decided to roll-back myself to V2.3.10

Last edited: May 19, 2020
  12. catorcio

catorcio Member

13. Vismantas Bagdonas

Vismantas Bagdonas New Member

for me fixed coax spdif audio dropouts ! :) finaly....

14. catorcio

catorcio Member

have you installed firmware v2.3.17? how are you doing, is it better than Version: v2.3.10?

15. Vismantas Bagdonas

Vismantas Bagdonas New Member

instaled on top of 2.3.10 . no problems so far, runing stable. one movie had no sound., but it may be bad torrent file. overal all is ok, also as i said, fixed finaly sound drops

testing1b likes this.
  16. catorcio

catorcio Member

I didn't resist, I've updated, for now I don't find any difference with the previous one, but I've used it a little bit, the usual translations made some words in ENGLISH and some in Italian (my language) as the first zoom of the reader unusable makes the image ovalized.

17. Nicholas Degenhart

Nicholas Degenhart New Member

After upgrading to this firmware I am having stuttering issues on video and audio throughout the two movies I have played so far. Anyone else have this happen?

I upgraded to this firmware with the hopes it would fixes the “crash” that happens every time I update a movie in my HT to show as “watched”. It will just hang and then take me back to the main screen.

18. vte48

vte48 New Member

After installing 2.3.17 I had the sound drops removed and I was happy with that. The unit worked perfectly for some time, then it crashed. Rebooting, everything seems normal, but mp4 and mp3 files that played well previously now play without sound on HDMI output. I rebooted, reinstalled 2.3.17, no use. The files are not corrupted, I tested the HDD on a PC and the same files play normally. MKV files play normally, outputting audio correctly. Do you have an idea how to fix this? Thanks!

19. testing1b

testing1b New Member

@vte48: I also have a problem and no one answers. No one will answer you.

20. Nice Monkey

Was answered several times, but will do it once more. Don't install was the first advice. Reverting back only by doing the emergency ROM-install procedure followed by an upgrade to the desired target FW by USB/OTA. How to do this is explained in detail on several places.