My scheduling recording app

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9' started by Yeahman45, Mar 6, 2016.

1. ravo

ravo New Member

azidahaka thanks for that, have been in contact with yeahman

2. ravo

ravo New Member

azidahaka i don't have a usb 3.0 handy at the moment, i am using a 32gb sd card. I think i might have cracked it, i was watching another channel on the X9
    whilst recording from the hdmi in, i changed from FHD to HD stopped watching another channel, and just used the X9 as a recorder

3. ravo

ravo New Member

how long does it take before you get the apk off yeahman

4. azidahaka

azidahaka Member

He's usually very fast, but as far as i know he was working on a new release so he might be waiting for the new one before sending?

5. ravo

ravo New Member

ok thanks, just heard from him, i might have sent it to the wrong email

6. Bopper

Bopper New Member

Thanks, I already use a 3.0 external hard disk in the 3.0 usb port. But I will try the settings you recommended.

7. rafabrasil85

rafabrasil85 New Member

I've emailed Yeahman because I'm interested in buying his app, but got no response from him. Is there another way to buy this app?

8. azidahaka

azidahaka Member

I think he must be busy i haven't heard from him in the last week, be a patient i'm sure he'll be back soon with an update ;)

9. Yeahman45

Yeahman45 Member

Hi, you can donate on my paypal account: contact.yeahman@gmail.com

10. Paul Collins

Paul Collins Member

Yeah , just to confirm yeahmans custom bit rates do give a higher quality picture.

11. joys

joys New Member

if someone has this application it is better Zidoo Record or MSTAR Tv record?

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  12. efd

efd New Member

lightweight material jams when recording 1080p restrictions components? it seems to me that the fault of the

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  13. azidahaka

azidahaka Member

for quality mstar for sure

14. WarTV

WarTV Member

For those of you spending lots of money on a fast hard drive or solid state drive its not needed. Do the math. Most mechanical drives can easily do 80MB/s (7200RPM drives). If your using the app it came with it records at 2GB an hour at FHD. That's less than 1MB a sec. Don't waste money on expensive drives or SD cards. You would have to be recording a file roughly at 144x (or 288GB an hour) the quality of what I just said to need a much faster drive. Don't waste your money. I use a 1TB Western Digital drive at 5400RPM (probably only does 50 to 60 MB/s max)

@Yeahman45 I have an issue with a video not being recorded on recordings over 1 hour when it stars the 2nd file (after the end of the 1st file and the beginning of the 2nd file there is a space of time there that is not recorded). Does your app fix this? I am just using the HDMI recorder it came with at this time. For most of you having issues with it you have to restart the box occasionally. I think its the recorder app crashing. Also this thing really does use FAT 32? I am going to have to pull my drive off my box and plug it into my computer and see what it says. I am surprised that we are not using some of the newer file systems you see with Linux and Unix that have no issues with huge files.

15. azidahaka

azidahaka Member

I'm beta testing for yeahman and these are my findings:

The last version had the record crashes fixed 100% tested for hours and not a single start failure. It was a bug being there for a few versions but was nailed down in the last one.
    I think the non starting new file after filesize limit problem was fixed 3 versions ago... At least it is working 100% fine on FAT32 now.

Not sure why it actually uses fat32 i think it might be to ensure compatibility.

Concerning the recording drives, i use 2 USB 3.0 drives, one of 8GB and one of 16GB and it actually helps to have them plugged on 3.0 Port when recording at 60fps highest quality profile makes a world of difference. Also remember that the software from yeahman uses why higher bitrates and i'm pretty sure the zidoo uses the bus transfer speed for more things at the same time meaning if you want the best results a fast drive is safer.

16. Paul Collins

Paul Collins Member

Good stuff. Its a matter of fact that usb3.0 is quicker than internal memory. Internal memory is not up to it and both internal and external sd truncates, the only way to go is USB3.0. Agree 100%

17. WarTV

WarTV Member

Still don't need an expensive drive for it. Try recording a clock on your screen. I go to a website that has a clock displaying on the page (like this one http://www.clocktab.com/) and hit record for an hour and a half. You should have at least 2 files. What time is at the end of the first and at the beginning of the 2nd. If you are having the same issue it will go up 3 to 4 seconds, meaning you lost time between the two files

18. azidahaka

azidahaka Member

Expensive what?

I use a 8 GB usb 3.0 stick i bought for 8 euro... Did you try with FAT32 if you have the same issue?

19. WarTV

WarTV Member

FAT 32 should split the files at 2GB. Not sure why everyone wants me to try all these different file formats, but I will try it anyway. I don't see how they would cause these issues. I will try recording with a USB stick (been using a 1Tb external this whole time that I have had for years), but it will probably be next week. I wonder if the drive itself goes into some kind of power save state immediately after the end of the first file and then the box has to wake it up and that's where the 3 to 4 seconds is coming from.

20. Paul Collins

Paul Collins Member

Post what you do when you 'Record'. The menu navigation, and button select procedures.