PROBLEM....IMAX Enhanced: BD menu does not work

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by OlivierQC, Jan 31, 2020.

1. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello everyone,

I don't know if it's a coincidence, but the BD menu doesn't work with IMAX Enhanced files

I tried these 2 videos (BDMV) :

- Space Station (2002) imax enhanced

- A Beautiful Planet (2016) imax enhanced

the loading icon rotates for a few seconds and then there is a black screen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

see you

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
  2. tz4

tz4 Member

There are lot of BD menus that doesn't work on Zidoo. About 50%...

3. muzafferg

muzafferg Member

But not limited to BD menu. Lots of nonworking functions...

4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Please share them with the community.

5. Jamie Lai

Jamie Lai New Member

I had shared some, but no one replied yet,
    Disney animation such as whole series of Toy Story....Plane.... Finding Nemo, Dory..

6. muzafferg

muzafferg Member

Shared two problems before.

7. Nice Monkey

Using the word "lots" I expected an extensive list. My own bug list is slowly turning into a wish list, that's why I asked.

8. muzafferg

muzafferg Member

Shared only two of them since reporting the problems here is a time consuming effort. If you really want to improve the firmware, I can share every feedback here.

For example, device freezes instantly and sometimes rebooting withoot any reason. The fifth one, sometimes when the reboot button on power icon, it does not nothing.

9. OlivierQC

I don't have a lot of Disney but the BD menu works....but the problem of seamless branching is still there.

I am hopeful because there has been an improvement with Thor Ragnarok, a few months ago there was a freeze between 1h54 and 1h55, now it's resolved...this is proof that it is possible to solve this problem...

but movies like Coco or Ratatouille to mention just a few still have this problem of seamless branching...

Anyway even with physical disc and players like the pioneer LX500 / 800 or others brands (except panasonic), people have reading problems so we will put it into perspective

10. Nice Monkey

My Hisilicon based players never had these problems. Use my Egreat A10/A11 to watch Disney Animations. They really have a hard nut to crack here it seems. The same almost needs to be done for gapless playback using Music Player.

11. OlivierQC

Let us think of Rita :(

you're right no problem with Hisilicone and the Seamless branching, but there were other problems, I no longer use my Egreat A10/A11, even my atv 4k does not have this problem.

If I'm not mistaken, there is just Zidoo who has this problem,

see you

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
  12. Nice Monkey

I think it is Realtek SDK related, so probably all brands using their SOC's.:(

An even nastier problem is that Android 8 and up apparently don't support ISO containers anymore. :mad:
    I wonder how Zidoo X (supposed to be Android 9 based) will deal with that? :confused:
    I am looking forward for Zidoo X, but without ISO support?

13. OlivierQC