Tips and tricks. Unofficial guides and fixes. User edition.

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by HaoSs, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Cassiano

Cassiano New Member

Hy!
    This zidoo x9 is 4.4 android, have an offer of this model in the new box, but it still responds well in 2020? it can also read bdmv and iso from blu ray with menu navigation like x9s, z10, x10 and so on? his android has been updated or is it still 4.4? a hug

2. Cassiano

Cassiano New Member

Hy!
    This zidoo x9 is 4.4 android, have an offer of this model in the new box, but it still responds well in 2020? it can also read bdmv and iso from blu ray with menu navigation like x9s, z10, x10 and so on? his android has been updated or is it still 4.4? a hug

3. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

x9 is to old. even the x9s starts to get a little older, also they are 2 different boxes, there is no compassion between them

4. Cassiano

Cassiano New Member

HaoSs, yes, this model x9 is old, but this x9 reproduces iso/bdmv fro full menus blu ray?

5. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

probably not. x9s was the one that pushed for blu ray menus

6. Rajiv Kumar

Rajiv Kumar New Member

Dear Members,

Kindly suggest -- One of the major reason why I was very fascinated by Zidoo was that while playing music the visual interface showed the album art rotating and it was really appealing. But when I setup my Zidoo UHD 2000 yesterday and tried looking for the same feature and somehow tried activating the same feature, nothing worked.
    Therefore, somebody please guide me as if I need to activate something or download something to get the rotating visual and also how it can take the lyrics of the song as my player is very well connected to strong wifi..Kindly guide

Regards
    Rajiv

7. David Petersson

David Petersson New Member

I have a z10 Pro and would like to get two apps on it:

1. Spotify
    2. Amazon Alexa

Anyone that can point to APK that works? Or other tricks on how to make these work?

8. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

I've tested on Z9S. You need Google Play services installed!
    Download APKPure and install it on your Zidoo.

Amazon Alexa don't work without microphone.

Search for Spotify and download/install apkx.
    Screenshot_20210123-103502.png
    Screenshot_20210123-103533.png
    Screenshot_20210123-103545.png
    Screenshot_20210123-101710.png

9. James Arthur

James Arthur New Member

Even It is working for me, The start is also not that late.. It's Basic.

10. POCKARD

POCKARD New Member

Hi
    I have been using zidoo x20 pro devices for a long time. Yesterday I wanted to add a new hard disk

(new source)

. It asked me for the username and password. He never asked for it before and
    Before that it was very slow in the list of sources. I did a reset for my router and the zidoo device and I checked the settings My pc All sharing settings are correct. “”My friend has another model uhd3000 He has the same problem

11. Robzx1000

Robzx1000 New Member

After several months of blissful LLDV heaven, my zidoo 1000 pro (or maybe my vertex 2?) just refuses to pass through a signal to my pj for more than a second or two before the screen going blank. I've tried resetting/rebooting both, swapping cables around but not really getting anywhere. The thing is identifying exactly what the problem is in my AV chain. Is it the vertex 2 or the zidoo? Any help greatly appreciated cos this is kind of maddening!!

12. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

What does the web interface on the Vertex say about the signal in the INFO tab?

Robzx1000 likes this.
  13. Robzx1000

Robzx1000 New Member

Hello Mark, thank you for your response. I finally managed to get everything working last night by going to Config tab and setting everything back to factory default. That appears to have cleared whatever the problem was. I prefer to use the browser rather than the push buttons on the unit itself as I find the latter far too complicated for my liking but I suspect I may have altered a setting on the unit without realising and that threw everything out of whack. At any rate, solved now (fingers crossed).

One other observation if I may. I've been extremely impressed by the vertex 2, to the point I really can't bear to watch anything that isn't in LLDV. There's a kind of overall smoothness to the image combined with bolder colours that to my eye is really pleasing. I've noticed that film grain actually appears reduced using LLDV but since there's no image processing going on (or is there?) with LLDV I'm curious as to how this is achieved? An example I'd cite is the 4k of Charade, the Cary Grant/Audrey Hepburn thriller from the early 1960's (great film btw!).

That looks very grainy in some of the early scenes but interestingly the grain appears noticeably reduced when going through the vertex 2. I'm not saying it's gone altogether, the grain is still apparent (as it should be with something shot on film) just reduced. At any rate I like the look very much. :)

14. Markswift2003

Yep, those buttons are a PITA! A number of times I've knocked them then spent a while scratching my head trying to figure out what happened.

The Vertex does no image processing at all*, so the reason for any differences in image will be down to how VS10 is processing the image compared to the native output.

* it is capable of scaling, but there's usually no reason to do that.

Robzx1000 likes this.
  15. Robzx1000

Robzx1000 New Member

Looks like I spoke too soon!

Long story short, I got some fibre optic hdmi cables after a recurrence of the problem described above. I kept seeing something about 'no signal sent' on the vertex unit TX) port which made me think it was a cable fault.

So yesterday with new cables for everything I connected it all up by running my sources straight into the amp, then out to the vertex and from there out to the PJ.

The result was sound but no picture.

When I tried again, this time by plugging the sources into the vertex, with hdmi audio from vertex to the amp and another hdmi from the TXO port to the projector's EARC connection the result was picture but no sound!

It's very strange and I'm sure there must be some simple explanation but I'm not seeing it.

16. oddkid01

oddkid01 New Member

Sorry to jump on this thread, am i right in saying i wouldn't see any PQ improvement if i was to add a HDFury (Vertex 2 or Diva) to my existing setup, Zidoo Z9X, Epson TW9300(6040), AVR Onkyo 686.

17. Markswift2003

Not directly, no.

18. oddkid01

oddkid01 New Member

Thanks for your speedy response Mark, As the Zidoo Z9X can do custom EDID (in which I'm using your custom 6040 edid) would the only benefit from a HDfury be easier to see what's going on with all connected devices.

19. Markswift2003

Well kind of - it's a great diagnostic tool, it's great for custom EDIDs, especially on the fly and it can be used as a matix or splitter allowing musltiple EDIDs to be supplied to multiple sources. It also lets you use LLDV on displays where you can't manually set HDR10 mode because it can spoof the HDR10 message. It's all very customisable.

Personally I wouldn't be without them.

20. oddkid01

oddkid01 New Member

Thanks Mark that explains a lot, I'm new to all this and these forums are so helpful.