New fw for X9S v2.1.36

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by leonkoum, Jan 14, 2020.

1. blasiusx

blasiusx Member

You can select, what the Displays should show (Remaining Time Playback, Rest Time Playback or actually Clock Time).

Since 2.1.30 the Clock Time shows Only "00:00" if Playback runs. I already reported this error in October last year to the Zidoo Support, unfortunately it still exists. :(

I mean, something like that is obvious. Especially since this is the standard setting. And yet this bug is dragged into the new FW.

2. failax

failax Member

An official firmware with hdr to sdr not working..good!

3. GoDi

GoDi Member

Okay so I will just flash the 2.x.x, thanks guys!
    Does anyone remember which version broke the 0 press not going to 0%, is .28 working with it or was it .25? I cant remember...

4. Davicom

Davicom Member

You should go to Quick settings --> Video --> Picture Settings --> Here you could decrease every value from 32 to 28. At this point you should choose in your TV which kind of visual effect Is best (vivid, cinema, standard, etc.) With some Little adjustment you should be able to have a good HDR to SDR rending. Let me know...

5. tosh123

tosh123 Member

The problem is: 1080p or 3D content have the right colors. If we follow your hint we can only watch 4K HDR movies anymore. 4K without HDR or others are too dark

6. Davicom

Davicom Member

Obviously the settings changement should be made Just for HDR content sand revert back to default options for SDR contents

7. failax

failax Member

This is a workaround, the function is broken.For my vpr i need a better conversion than that offered by this device.

8. tosh123

tosh123 Member

If you still happy with only KODI you can go for a Vero4k+ - with the last Beta it plays for me 4k and 3D MVC (ISO and MKV) flawlessy. There Beta is more worth than all the end-Versions of other devices.

9. Kirol_007

Kirol_007 New Member

2.1.30 was the first firmware I had issues with: With each file I had a short audio drop for 0,5-1 seconds after 10-15 Minutes, maybe an issue with my Sony AVR, but a few people confirmed that too. Rolled back to 2.1.28 and it's gone.

In 2.1.36 firm why couldn't this be fixed?

10. Franconian

Franconian Active Member

Ha great, I have the exact problem you are describing with firmware 2.1.30 and rolled back because of this to 2.1.28. Now I tried 2.1.36 and I have drop outs again. I'm using a Denon receiver. Already found a few people more that have this issue too. Always within ~ 10-15 Minutes and once per file.

Maybe it depends from the audio format, I tend to think it is E-AC3 / Dolby Digital Plus, but this may be a coincidence.

And it seems that if you pause or fast forward the video before the 10-15 minute mark, it does not happen to, but this could also be a coincidence.

11. Kirol_007

Kirol_007 New Member

I've tried everything (setup, cable replacement), but the sort audio drop didn't go away. :(

When I look at the picture without an AVR, and the audio on Sony WH-L600, the sound did not drop.

12. Franconian

Franconian Active Member

I think they changed something in .30 and .36 regarding HDMI then. Have you tried to plug in the Zidoo to your TV and

a) run the audio via ARC to AVR
    b) or even optical out to AVR?

Do you get still drops?

13. Kirol_007

Kirol_007 New Member

I haven't tried AVR on optical output yet.
    Only on HDMI.
    You?

14. Franconian

Franconian Active Member

No not yet, since I don't have a optical cable ready.

But when even ARC doesn't help If you say (and you look HD audio) and since .28 is working perfectly fine and I don't need or miss anything from .30 or .36 I think I will just downgrade again soon.

15. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

Have you had problems with flashing 2.1.1?

16. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

This sounds like audio/ video sync issue. Maybe micro stutter is back or they try to fix something else.
    I’m on .28 and ZDMC 17.6. No issues and no reason to upgrade yet.

Franconian likes this.
  17. Franconian

Franconian Active Member

Seems to be the best firmware. But have you tried ZDMC 18.4? I’m not sure which one to go when I will roll back in the next days.

18. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I have latest Kodi on my PC and had Night Builds 19 on my Raspberry Pi for a while. My Zidoo ZDMC is still 17.6. Not much of a difference using it as front media database specially with my favourite skin Black Glass Nova. Maybe I don't have latest media tags or something but it looks amazing and better then HT 2.0 on all versions of Kodi.

Default Kodi skin Estuary mimics Windows 8 tiles and it is designed for small touch devices. Looks horrible on larger displays and compared to Zidoo HT 2.0.
    Once you put skin designed for HD displays with focus on artwork and posters on Kodi or ZDMC it turns this bluish blocky interface into colourful media device. Looks amazing and it doesn't really matter what version of Kodi is underneath. Nobody really commented here in Zidoo forum on benefits from higher Kodi version. Kodi player is useless anyway and we have to use Zidoo (external) player all the time. I have HT 2.0 with my top collection of 3D and UHD's mostly ISO's. Everything else and top collection goes into ZDMC.

Franconian likes this.
  19. Franconian

Franconian Active Member

Just a note: It seems the audio drops mentioned above in FW .30 and .36 apply to files with E-AC3 / Dolby Digital Plus.

Other formats like Dolby Digital or DTS run without those drops that take place about 10-15 minutes in. Waiting for more confirmation of other test persons, two people confirmed to me.

EDIT: I created a new thread about the issue here, please contribute:

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...tal-plus-audio-drop-or-handshake-issue.66951/

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
  20. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

2) I have no framerate issues what so ever, and this is like the most important point when I choose my media devices and goes over anything else: You need to set up one thing and this is the important one: Quick Settings > Playback > Automatic Framerate > Framerate Mode > Switch Framerate and Resolution. Then the Zidoo player plays the media in its native nature and the upscaling (if given) is done only by your display. The resolution you can set in the Quick Settings don't matter for this, they are mainly for the GUI when setting Auto Framerate/Resolution.

Interesting post Franconian

So i have done the above with framerate/resolution, on my TV which is 4k if i hit the info button on TV it shows resolution at 1080p if i play a blu-ray that is.
    Is that correct? before i changed the settings on Zidoo the info on TV displayed 2160/3840.